Thread: Request: Full list of compatible BASIC phones that work overseas (at least Europe)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Request: Full list of compatible BASIC phones that work overseas (at least Europe)

I don't understand why this has to be so difficult. Other than Verizon wanting people all on smartphones.

I have a formal complaint for verizon. 2 family members on our 1400min account are traveling to europe. We have always been told that we cannot add international calling without getting a more everything plan. Currently have 2 smartphones with unltd, and 3 basic phones. (a gzone boulder, older samsung flip, lg env3, lg g3, and droid maxx)

well last night after 4 phone calls of verification, and account notation, I have found out that its false. regardless of what plan, you can add a $4.99/mo plan per line that allows for $0.99/min calls when in europe. Otherwise its $1.29/min. I think there is another international pack that is like $7.95 or $9.95 that actually has a pack of minutes???

The two phones going to europe are basic phones. An older samsung and the gzone boulder.

I asked for a full list of compatible international phones and all I kept getting was smartphones. Finally they offered for $19.99 per line, a 30 day rental of either a pantech Jest 2, or a casio gzone ravine 2. Basically $40.

Been meaning to replace the two phones anyway. So i got on ebay and found two practically new gzone ravine 2's for 90 bucks shipped.

The rep said to just add the $4.99 plan a day before departure, and remove the feature upon return, to have it pro rated for duration of trip (roughly 1 week).

Where can I find a full list of compatible basic phones that work overseas? Not in mexico or canada, as all of our phones already work there. I want to be prepared in case more of us decide to go.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What do you mean compatible? CDMA roam in Europe or a phone that has both CDMA and GSM?

Currently, the DuraXV is the only new flip with both CDMA and GSM. The 2 phones you listed are the most recently discontinued hybrid CDMA/GSM phones

If you want to buy a Verizon flip phone that has both CDMA and GSM you might as well buy a GSM/LTE smartphone and unlock it, example. A new and much better phone for less money

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by HFA View Post
    What do you mean compatible? CDMA roam in Europe or a phone that has both CDMA and GSM?

Currently, the DuraXV is the only new flip with both CDMA and GSM. The 2 phones you listed are the most recently discontinued hybrid CDMA/GSM phones

If you want to buy a Verizon flip phone that has both CDMA and GSM you might as well buy a GSM/LTE smartphone and unlock it, example. A new and much better phone for less money
    I need basic phones not smart phone's that will work for calling while roaming in Paris France. The duraxv is new, that's a good idea thank you!

I just don't get why verizon can't be more informative and say ok heres a list of every feature phone that works overseas while staying staying verizon customer.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk