You have more sympathy for red heads.
    Hahaha!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    I don't see any more details in that thread then in this one. In fact, this thread has more details from OP.

I am sure that the first thing one thinks of when the paramedics rush in to take you away is "Wait while I find all the bills so that I can pay them while I am on my deathbed."
    Then he needs to give OP or his wife access to the account so that they can pay the bill. Responsible people who are sick often appoint others to have power of attorney so that their bills get paid if they are too ill to pay them themselves. In this case the BIL could have made OP or his wife account manager so they could pay the bill.

I still would like to know if OP was giving the BIL money to pay the phone bill or not.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    You have more sympathy for red heads.
    Strange comment. People have no choice over what color of hair they are born with. People can choose how they act though.

We don't know all of the facts here. The most important fact is who was paying the bill - did OP or his wife give the BIL the money to pay their part of the bill or not?

Feedback Score
    The OP says only that he paid $200 for the iPhone. I get the feeling if he'd paid a penny more we'd have heard about it. Barbara, what if the BIL is a red haired step child? Any sympathy for the BIL yet?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    The OP says only that he paid $200 for the iPhone. I get the feeling if he'd paid a penny more we'd have heard about it. Barbara, what if the BIL is a red haired step child? Any sympathy for the BIL yet?
    More strange comments from you.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    In the other forum, the Original Poster said that no payment was made since December of last year. Anyone can send in a check to make a payment on the account to keep it from lapsing. I cannot understand how the Original Poster did nothing, knowing his brother-in-law's circumstances. All he is concerned about is the $200 he paid for a $600 telephone. If the Original Poster paid his brother-in-
    law his portion of the bill, it is likely that the brother-in-law never saw the payment if he is on his deathbed in the hospital. Is the Original Poster only paying $9.99? We have only an ex parte recitation of the Original Poster's side of the story. Even telling his side of the story, the Original Poster earns no admiration from me. He appears to be a selfish individual.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In the other forum, the Original Poster said that no payment was made since December of last year.
    He said that in his OP on this thread too.

Anyone can send in a check to make a payment on the account to keep it from lapsing.
    But if he was giving the money to the BIL and believing that the BIL was paying the bill with the money, why would he do that?

Again, we don't know this critical fact - who was paying the bill and was OP/wife giving the BIL/brother money for their line(s).

I cannot understand how the Original Poster did nothing, knowing his brother-in-law's circumstances.
    If he believed his BIL was paying the bill, then why would he think he had to do something?

If the Original Poster paid his brother-in-law his portion of the bill, it is likely that the brother-in-law never saw the payment if he is on his deathbed in the hospital.
    I definitely didn't get the impression that the BIL was on his deathbed. He is terminal, but terminal patients can live for quite some time and some of them are functional right up until the end. Why would the church pay a $1600 bill on the BIL's behalf if he were on his deathbed? That wouldn't benefit the BIL; that would only benefit the estate and the BIL's heirs.

You are reading things into OP's post that aren't there.

Is the Original Poster only paying $9.99?
    Idk and neither do you b/c OP hasn't told us yet.

We have only an ex parte recitation of the Original Poster's side of the story.
    Correct, and you are reading all kinds of facts into that the OP didn't give us and you don't have personal knowledge of the situation so I don't understand where you are getting your facts.

Even telling his side of the story, the Original Poster earns no admiration from me. He appears to be a selfish individual.
    Again, reading things into this that aren't there. If he was giving the BIL money for the bill each month and the BIL was not paying the bill with the money, then the BIL was in the wrong.

Until OP tells us what was going on, we can't know.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Get a grip on things. You are seeing the Original Poster's action in the light most favorable to him. Even that light is very dim. The Original Poster said that his brother-in-law was in the hospital. Apparently he has known that since December of last year. Rather than post in at least two forums how he was inconvenienced by his brother's calamity, he should have been contacting the carrier to see what he could do to keep the account current. His main concern is that he did not want to lose use of the telephone his brother-in-law had let him use on his upgrade. When someone is ill, even mortgage companies make concessions.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Get a grip on things. You are seeing the Original Poster's action in the light most favorable to him. Even that light is very dim. The Original Poster said that his brother-in-law was in the hospital. Apparently he has known that since December of last year. Rather than post in at least two forums how he was inconvenienced by his brother's calamity, he should have been contacting the carrier to see what he could do to keep the account current. His main concern is that he did not want to lose use of the telephone his brother-in-law had let him use on his upgrade. When someone is ill, even mortgage companies make concessions.
    I am putting you on ignore as I have never seen you post anything on these forums worth reading. This is yet another example of that.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Children, play nice.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2