Thread: How to get Cricket to stop sending Alert/Spam Texts or Change it

Feedback Score

How to get Cricket to stop sending Alert/Spam Texts or Change it

Does anyone know how to get Cricket to stop sending alert/spam texts to your phone?

At first, I was Ok with the texts alerting me when an autopay transaction occurred, but lately I'm getting texts about promos, deals, and messages to take their surveys "to help them improve." I want to stop getting these annoying texts. I looked on the Cricket website and my online account and didn't see any options to stop or change this.

I actually like the notifications about my payments though, so I was also wondering if there was a way to change these notifications through emails instead of texts? I just like having a record and making sure that the payments occurred, and prefer it in my e-mail (like all of my other bills) than texts. Also checked my online account for a solution, but couldn't find any options or any way to change how I'm notified of account stuff. If I can't change it to e-mail, I'll just continue saving the .pdf billing statements then.
    When you need to travel around the city but don't have a car, try out Uber with a $15 credit on your first ride! And if you're going to join Cricket, make sure to get your $25 service credit.

Feedback Score
    Did you reply STOP to the texts? That should do it.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Did you reply STOP to the texts? That should do it.
    I did that already awhile ago, it only worked for the survey. I still get the promo spam stuff though.

It would still be easier for Cricket to just have options on its website for the types of messages customers get and how they want to get them, like other carriers.

Feedback Score
    I agree and am sending an email suggesting this to [email protected] .

"It would still be easier for Cricket to just have options on its website for the types of messages customers get and how they want to get them, like other carriers. "

Feedback Score
    I don't get many texts at all from Cricket. I haven't even been getting payment texts. Never got a survey text. Maybe they forgot I'm a customer lol.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    The only texts I get are triggered by plan changes.

Feedback Score
    I hate the fact every single line on my account get the text about plan changes and payments. Annoying.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100South View Post
    I hate the fact every single line on my account get the text about plan changes and payments. Annoying.

via the HoFo App
    I imagine that is because all of the lines are considered equal and any user could login and change the plan. A child could increase his/her data to 10GB without the parents knowing about it until the end of the month.

They do need to revise how family plans are self-administered. Everyone shouldn't necessarily be able to login and not everyone needs alert texts.

Feedback Score
    Only thing that bothers me is when I switch phones. I get like 6-10 texts. Other than that nope.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    I never got any offers, surveys, or spam.. I just started getting the Cricket bill reminders and payment made texts, but that is it.

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    The surveys are from contacting customer service.. The more you contact the more you will get..

Also, I only receive plan changes text and recently been receiving deezer text reminding me about trial end dates and what not. Got one today saying I will be charged for deezer in 6 days and to cancel before then if I don't want to keep it. Who does that now days!! Most wait until the last minute hoping u forget

I am actually very happy with the cricket text BC they keep me well informed

I hardly ever get a payment text (I assume its BC they don't charge my card anymore due to having a balance) but I do get a "you earned one reward point" text on my plan renewal date.

And at least for me all text come in at a decent hour!! Virgin mobile had a habit of sending text at 2 and 3 am and claimed it was 100% random but IMO they sent all text that early to avoid bogging down their system.. Nothing like being woke up to a SMS saying they will charge your card in the morning

Device(s)
    STORM, for now
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by devin37354 View Post
    The surveys are from contacting customer service.. The more you contact the more you will get..

Also, I only receive plan changes text and recently been receiving deezer text reminding me about trial end dates and what not. Got one today saying I will be charged for deezer in 6 days and to cancel before then if I don't want to keep it. Who does that now days!! Most wait until the last minute hoping u forget

I am actually very happy with the cricket text BC they keep me well informed

I hardly ever get a payment text (I assume its BC they don't charge my card anymore due to having a balance) but I do get a "you earned one reward point" text on my plan renewal date.

And at least for me all text come in at a decent hour!! Virgin mobile had a habit of sending text at 2 and 3 am and claimed it was 100% random but IMO they sent all text that early to avoid bogging down their system.. Nothing like being woke up to a SMS saying they will charge your card in the morning
    Does anyone know how to stop spam sms messages from computer? I'm getting at least 2 a day

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zookeper3 View Post
    Does anyone know how to stop spam sms messages from computer? I'm getting at least 2 a day
    try this - https://www.cricketwireless.com/lega...s-sms-mms.html