Thread: Moto G activation issues on PP

Feedback Score

Moto G activation issues on PP

I just got a Motorola Moto G and was unable to activate it on PP. They said I need to have roaming taken off the phone??? I called twice and neither associate could get this phone to work for me. Anyone else experienced this? What do I do? They referred me to a gas station and said it was a dealer. I think not! I'm sure I would love this phone if I could activate it! Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score

Motorola Moto G activation issues

I need advice! I just got the Moto G and tried to activate it on PP. They were unable to get it to work.Said I need to see a dealer to get roaming taken off this phone. I'm sure I would love this phone if I could get it to work. Any one else encounter this? Pls tell me what I should do at this point. Thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Well, let's see. There are only two possible versions of the CDMA Moto G that would ever or could now still be put onto PPC: A VZW prepaid model that has been "aged" past its six-month restriction for allowance onto an MVNO; and the Boost Moto G, which at one time could be flashed to work on PPC (new introductions of which are not allowed since Jan 15). Which one of these are you attempting to use?

(The "taken off roaming" answer is BS).

Feedback Score
    Yup, the roaming thing was BS. Here is what happened, in case anyone else runs into this....the phone was shipped in a box that was not original. There was a sticker on the box with the meid number on it. That number, it turns out, has nothing to do with the phone inside the box! Kudos to the Phone Surgeon in Canton, MI. He figured it out.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    When you get a phone where you need to deal with the MEID number, you definitely need to verify the number by looking in the phone's Settings area, as opposed to accepting some number on any box it might come in. You live and learn.