Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fifteen Years With VZ... They PO'ED Me Big Time Last Week.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Fifteen Years With VZ... They PO'ED Me Big Time Last Week.

Been having problems with S4 the last eight weeks. Trouble shot the issues with VZ to no avail. Ordered in my replacement S4 under warranty insurance and got notified to be at home and wait for the over nite package till 8:00PM signature required. What?

I called VZ and they blamed FedEx for the change in delivery from old standard 3:00PM to 8:00PM... this also on a Friday nite. I then called FedEx and manager explained in order for VZ to cut costs, they chose the 8:00PM delivery time to pass the inconvenience on to their customers.

On Friday I called VZ and of course the manager lied to me again saying it's a FedEx decision.

Lucky I called Fedex, got a good manager and he called driver and got a 2:30th to 3:00PM time slotted for my delivery. I got the package and thanked Fedex.

Everything VZ is doing these days is against the customer! The burden is on the customer! Pricing is against the customer! They're doing their darnest to get unlimited data folks like me to get off the plan.

Same cell phone number for 23 years. With VZ for 15 years. Never missed a payment! VZ only cares about their bottom line! The customer can pick up the slack and bare all the responsibility. $131.00 per month. That's no chicken fee!

Wake up VZ! You're PO'ing a lot of good folks!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climb14er View Post
    I called VZ and they blamed FedEx for the change in delivery from old standard 3:00PM to 8:00PM.
    If you work outside of your home and the package is signature required, this time frame works for many more people than the earlier times do. I would prefer this as would every other working person I know.

So for me, this is a good change.

Also if you sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager, you can change delivery time and place as well as sign online. Problem solved.

http://www.fedex.com/us/delivery/demo/

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My office is in my home, has been this way for twenty five years.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Forgot to mention... if you need Comcast, or an appliance delivery, or any type of important utility appointment... would you be satisfied having to wait from 8:00PM until 8:00 PM... all day w/o any time window of say two to four hours... instead of twelve?

I doubt that you would enjoy this!

I did not and found this twelve hour time requirement. .. down right intrusive!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

Fifteen Years With VZ... They PO'ED Me Big Time Last Week.

You have to understand they have millions of customers and could care less if you've been with them 15 years. Competition is tough and they're losing customers. I switched to Cricket prepay and got 5 lines for $100 with unlimited talk,text and 2.5gb each and never looked back.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Forgot to mention... if you need Comcast, or an appliance delivery, or any type of important utility appointment... would you be satisfied having to wait from 8:00PM until 8:00 PM... all day w/o any time window of say two to four hours... instead of twelve?

I doubt that you would enjoy this!

I did not and found this twelve hour time requirement. .. down right intrusive!
    Sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager and you can sign for the package online or have them hold the package for you at FedEx and you can pick it up at your convenience. Or you can change the place of delivery to your work address if you work outside the home. Problem solved.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My office is in my home, has been this way for twenty five years.
    You are lucky. Far more people work outside of the home and would prefer the 3-8pm delivery time slot.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    You have to understand they have millions of customers and could care less if you've been with them 15 years. Competition is tough and they're losing customers. I switched to Cricket prepay and got 5 lines for $100 with unlimited talk,text and 2.5gb each and never looked back.
    I understand about competition. My phone is a business account with travel throughout U.S. and especially rural areas of west. Alternative carriers might be great on pricing but if you can't get a signal when you need it... what's the point in cost savings?

My post was about the change in delivery time and VZ not saying it was to save THEM money... but saying it was Fedex's... FAULT and decision. Fedex said that was a lie!

Not one VZ manager said a darn thing about a FedEx delivery manager. Their attitude... and that's what the PO is all about was... TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!

In my business, long term customers and loyalty are paramount. Perhaps American customers are now used to... TAKING IT OR LEAVING IT.

Quality is in many cases... no longer valued in corporate America nor by the customer who is always looking for the cheapest!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My post was about the change in delivery time and VZ not saying it was to save THEM money... but saying it was Fedex's... FAULT and decision. Fedex said that was a lie!
    And by your own admission, Verizon said FedEx was lying. How do you know which one to believe?

In my business, long term customers and loyalty are paramount.
    Do you work in an industry where you are a part of an oligopoly? Verizon is part of an oligopoly. Whole different ball game.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not going to argue with you! Business practices have changed and not for the benefit of the consumer. Fedex gets my vote in this instance!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not going to argue with you! Business practices have changed and not for the benefit of the consumer. Fedex gets my vote in this instance!
    How convenient not to address any of my salient points, lol!

Have you signed up for FedEx Delivery Manager yet? It would eliminate your issues.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think anyone will disagree with you, nowadays Verizon is not the company it used to be and sucks to deal with. Even the biggest Verizon fans.have noticed the changes which is sad since their cs used to be good
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    First off, while FedEx is marginally better than VZW (that's like winning being the least bad person), they are all against the regular consumer. A time-frame of 3-8? As a working man, that doesn't really work for me... as I am at work and driving until 5:30pm. Even then, I don't want to be waiting with bated breath for another 2.5 hours when I have dinner, child, wife, leisure activity, etc. competing with my time.

I'd call up VZW and complain, loudly, and then leave them. This will get them to understand, even if they hire an outside business like FedEX, they are still responsible. Pay FedEx for a specific time frame on a delivery that works for a consumer.

You run your own business - Imagine if you told a person you'll be with them from 9-5, so be open. You'd be out of business. I grew up watching my father run a business himself - you'd better believe he stuck to time frames tightly and knew his business very well to show up on time.

FedEx is a HUGE company that has spent numerous dollars on logistics including how long a package takes from A to B, how long it takes to delivery X packages in an area, what it costs them, etc. They aren't some fly-by night company and they know all these factors very well. You'd think if VZW was utiziling them, they could team up with you know, the communication company to get this done even more effectively.

But, keeping the customer guessing and confused is their business so you can't tell which way is up and bend to their demands.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    First off, while FedEx is marginally better than VZW (that's like winning being the least bad person), they are all against the regular consumer. A time-frame of 3-8? As a working man, that doesn't really work for me... as I am at work and driving until 5:30pm. Even then, I don't want to be waiting with bated breath for another 2.5 hours when I have dinner, child, wife, leisure activity, etc. competing with my time.
    Did you sign up for FedEx Delivery manager? You can sign for packages online or have them held at a FedEx location or delivered to your work instead of your house. Problem solved.
    Last edited by BarbaraUDP; 02-10-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    In my business, long term customers and loyalty are paramount. Perhaps American customers are now used to... TAKING IT OR LEAVING IT.
    What choice do we have? The corporations have gotten so big and powerful it's now impossible to hold them accountable for anything.

What can we do about it? Our government has been bought and paid for by the corporations. This country is screwed!

At least they didn't change the name on your bill to a derogatory term that is often used as a reference to an anus.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast