Thread: Getting more and more difficult to do a TOL

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Exclamation Getting more and more difficult to do a TOL

I have used the "Take Over My Phone Plan" section of HoFo to acquire several SERO accounts since 2009.
    Yesterday I got the latest, and maybe last one.
    When the gentleman who was selling the plan called Employee Accounts and asked about how to do a TOL, he was told what to do by the rep. But the next day, when we actually did the TOL, we were met with a lot of resistance.
    We were told "we're not supposed to do a TOL on a SERO accounts". Even the supervisor agreed, it's not to be done.
    The only reason they did do it was because they had a recording of the rep the previous day telling the owner of the plan that he could do a TOL, and they had to stick with what they had agreed to....this ONE TIME.
    Even when the last rep called me to confirm I wanted to assume the plan, I was told "we don't do these for SERO accounts".
    I know several people have said in years gone by that it depends greatly on when you call, and who you speak to.
    I just hope it hasn't finally hit the end of the road.

Feedback Score
    If it's the end of the road....so be it. Trying to be supportive to your concern as a fellow SERO user (for now) but, if Sprint knows what's good for them they would still offer SERO under a new name. As many have stated it's a good deal...not a great deal...even with subs.
    A family member was going to TOL one of my lines as of last week but now will jump ship to Cricket to. If she changes her mind I'll post my result with the TOL.

It's none of my business but am curious how many lines you need/trying to acquire?
    Are you soaking up 20gb's per month per line or into resale?

When I run numbers for the sake of running numbers...

5 SERO lines ($57) with tax is $285 a month?
    $210 x 5 for flagship devices is $1050 for an upgrade cycle.
    $285 x 24 months of service is $5985.
    That's without any overcharges, phone insurance, or activation fees.

$7,035!

Prepaid route:
    5 shiny new flagship phones x $700 = $3500.
    24 months x $100 for a prepaid service like Cricket $2400.

$5900!

Think of the savings if you can use a phone like the Moto G that's given away practically for free.

Everyone's needs are different but if you need 5 top of the line flag ship phones and get good data to be able to use unlimited is it worth a $1000 more over two years? Maybe...not for most.

Chances are you can buy those phones cheaper at many places saving way more and if you don't need that flagship within a few months of it launching will save even more.

Maybe I'm trying to talk myself out of not leaving SERO.
    I've been so bummed about my 4g speeds and really feel let down by this company...

Sprint, Thanks for the free year!

- Moto e5 cruise (Cricket)
    - AT&T ZTE Mobley

Feedback Score
    I called Sprint yesterday to confirm when it's alright to leave in regards to my billing and asked the rep about TOL of my SERO line.
    He was very knowledgeable but couldn't sway me from leaving. He said when the line is transferred that it won't remain a SERO line. Looks like it's the end of the road unless you have an 'in' with a certain rep/contact.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post

5 SERO lines ($57) with tax is $285 a month?
    $210 x 5 for flagship devices is $1050 for an upgrade cycle.
    $285 x 24 months of service is $5985.
    That's without any overcharges, phone insurance, or activation fees.

$7,035!
    I'm sorry, but who would use SERO for that kind of scenario? There are all kinds of family plans that have better numbers than that. The ONLY thing that indisputable is that SERO is truly unlimited data.
    Other that that, five separate SERO accounts makes no sense. At all.
    Your comparison is flawed.

Feedback Score
    I don't know who would use SERO for that kind of scenario either.

I was only making that comparison based off of your comment that you acquired several lines and you hope that it's not the end of the road. I think everyone who wanted a SERO plan already has one or had the opportunity to get one. Not for free but lines have been available for the right price for a long time.

That's why I asked the question were you hoping to get more lines one day? Do you resale them for a profit? Or just just hope that the ability to transfer a dead plan continues?

Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    I'm sorry, but who would use SERO for that kind of scenario? There are all kinds of family plans that have better numbers than that. The ONLY thing that indisputable is that SERO is truly unlimited data.
    Other that that, five separate SERO accounts makes no sense. At all.
    Your comparison is flawed.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking to sell 2 of mine (I have 4). What do these normally sell for?

Feedback Score
    I don't know what they go for but the point is you can't switch them out anymore. When you transfer the line Sprint converts it to a regular account losing the perks.

Quote Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
    I'm looking to sell 2 of mine (I have 4). What do these normally sell for?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    When you transfer the line Sprint converts it to a regular account losing the perks.
    Is this the case when transferring to another SERO account?

Feedback Score
    You can still TOL a SERO plan. I work for a Sprint preferred retailer, and I can TOL in store and then call national sales support to change the plan back to SERO.

Feedback Score
    I did a TOL earlier this week without any issues.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I did a TOL earlier this week without any issues.
    Where/how did you do it? The only department at Sprint authorized to TOL them, Employee Accounts, is the one who claimed they couldn't be transferred any longer.
    Was it in store? Was it by chat? By phone? If phone, time/day of week?
    Sorry about the questions, just need to get the facts straight.

Feedback Score
    I met the buyer at a corporate Sprint store and the rep there said he could do it all. He got our information but wasn't able to process it because the TOL button was greyed out in his system (actually showed us). We then called employee care and they insisted that I should go to the store for this. So I told the rep on the phone that we've tried that already and she can talk to the store rep if she wanted. From there, it took about 5 minutes to finalize the TOL. No faxes, emails, or signed waivers like previously.

This is the number we called (866) 264-1282. We called on Wednesday at 630PM CST.

Good luck.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ...We then called employee care and they insisted that I should go to the store for this...
    That is weird. I've never heard of Employee Care telling someone to go to a corporate store to do anything with a SERO account.
    That's the number I call, as well (I have it in my contacts!)
    Thanks for your info.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Has there been any other stories of TOL's going well, or being denied? I'd like to keep an ear to the pavement.