Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mobilicity seeking financing for auction; seeking credit extension until May 2015

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    2. Mobilicity is successful and Wind or perhaps Videotron will have to pay ransom rates for Mobilicity if either have real aspirations to grow.
    Do you think that if a real bidding war were to break out, that Mobi will outbid the others?
    Just askin' . . . .
    John <><

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Do you think that if a real bidding war were to break out, that Mobi will outbid the others?
    Just askin' . . . .
    +1 ... great response

Feedback Score
    Just askin' . . . .
    Very unlikely. It would still make it a little more expensive for Wind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here's the report of their request:

http://documentcentre.eycan.com/eycm...23,%202015.PDF
    MCCANS

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MCCANS View Post
    Here's the report of their request:

http://documentcentre.eycan.com/eycm...23,%202015.PDF
    OK - I have tried to read an d understand this document.
    The main things I get out of it are:
    1. Mobi wants to keep operating under bankruptcy protection till May 2015, and
    2. Mobi is not going to participate in the upcoming spectrum auction.

Can someone who understands all this lingo explain what the document is really saying?
    Does Mobi feel (against all hope) it still has a reasonable hope for survival?
    OR: Is Mobi merely trying to position itself to be of the greatest possible value prior to liquidation?

Will things become more clear during this week?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    OK - I have tried to read an d understand this document.
    The main things I get out of it are:
    1. Mobi wants to keep operating under bankruptcy protection till May 2015, and
    2. Mobi is not going to participate in the upcoming spectrum auction.

Can someone who understands all this lingo explain what the document is really saying?
    Does Mobi feel (against all hope) it still has a reasonable hope for survival?
    OR: Is Mobi merely trying to position itself to be of the greatest possible value prior to liquidation?

Will things become more clear during this week?

Thanks!
    The way I read it is this; Mobilicity's investors want to continue to fund the company while in protection but only if someone else steps up to the plate and pays to participate in the upcoming auction. Seems like a huge long shot to me as it seems very much a short sighted package intended to only raise Mobilicity's value and not shore up the company. The question becomes, who would invest that much money in a company that seems to have given up on itself as a future concern? I stand to be corrected but that's how it reads to me.

Although it's not explicitly mentioned I get the impression there's only one company interested in buying Mobilicity's assets right now and they are probably not offering enough for the investors to OK a deal for what ever the reason. There's a lot to speculate about here and I'll leave it up to you to fill in the blanks, I guess we'll find out for sure in 5 days.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Mobilicity out of AWS3 auction. What incentive does WIND now have to buy Mobilicity?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle22613408/

Struggling Canadian wireless operator Mobilicity will not bid for more airwaves in one upcoming government auction and is trying to secure funding to participate in another, its court-appointed monitor said in a filing on the company’s website.

Mobilicity, which is under court protection from its creditors, has decided to forgo participation in an auction of 2500 MHz airwaves to be held in April, the report from Ernst & Young said on Friday.

The filing also said the company has not yet secured the $62-million ($50-million U.S.) refundable deposit it would need by Jan. 30 to bid in an auction of AWS-3 spectrum in the regions where the company operates.

As a recent entrant to Canada’s wireless industry, Mobilicity has preferential access to those airwaves and acquiring them in the auction due to start in March could make the company more attractive to a potential buyer.

If it does not participate, fellow recent industry entrant Wind Mobile could scoop up the airwaves for the reserve price.

Mobilicity had 158,600 active subscribers at the end of 2014 and customer churn – the number of subscribers who dropped the service – was 4.9 per cent in December, it said.

The report said that Mobilicity has discussed selling itself with several parties, including one of its noteholders, and that talks are continuing.

Mobilicity is asking the court to extend its protection from creditors to May 8. The current stay on proceedings expires Jan. 30.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    Mobilicity out of AWS3 auction. What incentive does WIND now have to buy Mobilicity?
    Mobi has the spectrum WIND would need to launch LTE, right now, on the devices WIND already has in circulation. AWS3 would require WIND to wait until compatible devices reach the market. There's the incentive.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To clarify, mobilicity wasnt participating in the 2500mhz auction. They are trying to get funding for the AWS-3 auction though.

Sent from my Z30 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Gotta love the creative wording "projected net cash outflow...."

Next time I lay someone off, I'll just tell them there's a projected net job outflow, and unfortunately they're the outflowee.
    Last edited by beachlover333; 01-27-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MCCANS View Post
    To clarify, mobilicity wasnt participating in the 2500mhz auction. They are trying to get funding for the AWS-3 auction though.

Sent from my Z30 using HowardForums
    Oops! Yeah, I did jump to the wrong conclusion regarding which auction. In my defence I was rushing out of the office when I posted

Even so, how likely is anyone to partner with Mobilicity in the AWS3 auction with no real commitment from Quadrangle for further support unless they can secure the funding to buy the new spectrum? Seems like a complete lack of confidence from Mobilicity's current investors to me and not very encouraging that they'll be able to secure the monies they need within the next 4 days.

Feedback Score
    I know some here are hoping that Videotron buys Mobi or Wind but Videotron is now in line with the Big 3 in Quebec. Back in July 2013, Videotron came out with a 6GB plan for as little as $55 at one time Province wide. That plan since then has been increasing and now(only 18 months later) costs $85 Canada-Wide. Costs more than the Fido Max plans here. When Videotron launched the Big 3 set their 6GB plan at $85 and let Videotron join them. The Big 3 or their flanker brands never matched Videotrons $55-$60 6GB plan.

So I hope that Mobi merges or consolidates with Wind. They already have AWS and the rollout of LTE will be quicker.Also currents phones already support AWS LTE.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Looks like Mobilicity is going back to the courts to ask them to approve a new financing agreement so they can bid in the upcoming spectrum auction.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle22647723/

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    .Also currents phones already support AWS LTE.
    Does the LG Optimus 4X HD LG P880g?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Does the LG Optimus 4X HD LG P880g?
    I am pretty sure that's a pre-LTE model.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast