Thread: New Montana Roaming Coverage

Feedback Score

New Montana Roaming Coverage

Does anyone know which carrier is providing this new roaming coverage in Montana? According to AT&T's maps, it's 3G only, no voice or 2G, but that could just be a map glitch. From what I understand, the old coverage was provided by Cellular One (MTPCS), but that network was shut down: http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ing/2014-08-13

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dnywlsh View Post
    Does anyone know which carrier is providing this new roaming coverage in Montana? According to AT&T's maps, it's 3G only, no voice or 2G, but that could just be a map glitch. From what I understand, the old coverage was provided by Cellular One (MTPCS), but that network was shut down: http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ing/2014-08-13

Wondering if that coverage is actually native. I know att was building new towers in that area last summer. I know one of them was in Glasgow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dnywlsh View Post

I haven't been up there but what I THINK happened is AT&T sold Nemont (the monopoly carrier up there) their spectrum (look on spectrum dashboard) and network in Wolf Point in exchange for roaming in the whole area, including Glasgow. Thus, ripping the locals off with a brutal monopoly (Nemont is a joke), screwing prepaid customers out of even more coverage, and getting post paid customers a dot of service in Glasgow. The FTC really should investigate...

Feedback Score
    I can confirm that AT&T sold their network in northwest Montana to Nemont, in exchange for spectrum in the Dakotas. Shame on you AT&T, shame.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan T View Post
    I can confirm that AT&T sold their network in northwest Montana to Nemont, in exchange for spectrum in the Dakotas. Shame on you AT&T, shame.
    So ATT don't have coverage anymore in the Kalispell area?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    So ATT don't have coverage anymore in the Kalispell area?
    I think he mis-typed "northwest" when he should have written "northeast". Most of Nemont's system is in northeast Montana. http://www.nemont.net/pdfs/Nemont-lo...s-coverage.pdf AT&T provides LTE in the Kalispell region according to their coverage maps.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan T View Post
    Depends. It may seem for those where this happened, but with how rapidly the Dakotas are growing, they may have felt it necessary.

I will say this, I am impressed with their coverage improvements in the Black Hills. Even giving Verizon a strong run for their money.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    yes nemont is providing coverage for att customers don't know for sure if att actually gave them spectrum since att is also building in some of these areas. att has been adding lots of sites since the MTPCS shutdown. Not sure how many have made it on air but they have been stacking towers all the way down i94. Sprint is being wishy washy on what they are doing with the sites in MT but Tmobile has at least 75 sites planned for this year or atleast that's what I was told by one of there head hunters. i'm just waiting for the smoke to clear and hopefully get back to taking care of the old MTPCS sites I maintained from inception.