Thread: Where do port to Verizon Prepaid

Feedback Score

Where do port to Verizon Prepaid

Going to be porting my number from PP to Verizon Prepaid. Need as little downtime as possible. What's the best way to actually do the port. The CS prepay number wants to know my VZ number and can't get past that. Would feel better talking to someone than doing it online if possible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 on ST
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusoid View Post
    Going to be porting my number from PP to Verizon Prepaid. Need as little downtime as possible. What's the best way to actually do the port. The CS prepay number wants to know my VZ number and can't get past that. Would feel better talking to someone than doing it online if possible.
    I just PM'd you.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    From my own experience last July: If you use the Verizon website to request an activation/port (an automated, online port) from an MVNO (and not a major carrier), Verizon's software is pre-programmed to wait 2 business days after the port is requested before they will activate the SIM you're activating (or 3G phone). They do this to make allowances for the wide variation within MVNOs in how long they take to release the number. (I'm looking at you, Straight Talk.) So while PP released my number in less than an hour after I filled out Verizon's online form, no one in Verizon could do anything but wait the 48 hours the program had set for the wait time.

Bottom line for a fast port: do it at a corporate Verizon store, where they'll do it on the spot.

Feedback Score
    From my nightmare experience in August - DON'T go to a store!!! They told me they couldn't do it since it was PP. Between two visits to two different VZ stores, call them!! Turns out VZ was trying to port me into postpaid instead of prepaid and that's why it took 2 days to do the port. Once I got to the right person, it took 10 minutes to do the port. Actually my old PP dealer now out of business was more help than Verizon was initially. I was getting transferred into Post Paid Customer Service for an account that was Pre Paid and that's what screwed me up - one CSR even hung on me. Some CSR with a clue finally figured out what happened and gave me the number to the correct dept. to help. Both store visits were worthless because they can't figure out a port out of a VZ mvno to prepaid VZ.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    From my own personal experience, I thought the only way to port was to call the # enclosed with the phone. Choose activate phone, from another company and that transfers you to a live human rep. They will then take your port info. It's been a while, but I didn't think you could port online.

Feedback Score
    Ended up going to a Verizon Corp. store. Port went through in about 5 minutes.

Feedback Score
    Glad to hear that!!

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Ok, so this is the story....bought Verizon prepaid(PP) galaxy s4 online along with PP plan $45/mo. Got my phone, turned it on and was already activated with a new number. I wanted to port my Postpaid Verizon cell number over. Spent 3 hours on the phone with 5 different depts! Last dept(Prepaid dept) said they couldnt port the number because the phone was activated already. Besides, verizon to verizon is called a migration not a port. Told me to take the phone to local verizon store and have them do a return on the phone to deactive it. Then repurchase the phone and activate it with the old cell number. Well, the laughed at me and said they couldnt do that. What the general manager did do was take out the old sim card from my droid 4 and put it in the new S4 prepaid phone. Did a reboot and now my S4 has my old number. Switched the phone on my postapid acct online. Old droid has the new sim card. Prepaid acct online shows droid 4 as prepaid phone now. They also switched my S4 to a $45 postpaid plan. They said i shouldnt pay any fees with the purchase of the s4 since its not on the PP plan anymore. THIS IS MY QUESTION I CANT FIND ANSWERED ANYWHERE: i am seeing online people saying there is a 6 month requirement to have the PP plan. This is nowheres on Verizons' website, in any of the PP plan links, or in any of the customer agreements ive read from the site. Can i just not renew the $45 prepaid plan charge and be done with it? Or will they come after me for cancel fees, early term fees, or charge me full price for the phone? I paid $250 for the S4 and its a Certified Pre Owned off the Prepaid section. I called the Prepaid Customer service and the rep said i wouldnt be charged any fees and i could just not renew and not br charged anything. Not sure if i want to trust that statement. What do you all think?

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (PREPAID Wireless...: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.6.40125/35.6680; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

The call should be to Verizon prepaid. They're the ones that will resolve your "port" (migration) from postpaid to PRE-paid. Once you are active on prepaid service you are in the clear, if any outstanding issues exist with your former postpaid account they are a separate issue which you will probably receive a bill for at some point in time.
    Last edited by vmobi; 01-16-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25