Thread: Do Not Buy Red Pocket Prefunded Sims

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Do Not Buy Red Pocket Prefunded Sims

Today I tried to activate a friend's phone with one of the prefunded Red Pocket sims that I had previously purchased on eBay. This was a legitimate activation for a potential new Red Pocket customer. The phone had previously been used only on GoPhone and Straight Talk. The sim activated, but with zero balance. Tried another sim, same deal. I called the number of the dealer whom I had purchased the sims from. He told me that Red Pocket had discontinued the preloaded sims, and that I could return them to exchange for Simple Mobile preloaded sims. I see TONS of the preloaded Red Pocket sims still on eBay, and wanted to caution people.
    My Phone Can Amortize, Can Yours?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could it be that the activation HAD to be performed by the seller, not you directly?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    No. Sims from both sellers have worked fine in the past, using the instructions provided. I called one seller, and he basically said that the sims weren't valid any more. He offered to exchange them for Simple Mobile sims. Since Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) is only 2g here, I'm not sure that I will even bother.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 on ST
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Being a dealer of many different prepaid companies in a retail store, I can assure you that all pre funded red pocket sims are expired. You will not be able to activate them if you have them laying around at this time. They have been discontinued just recently.

The only pre funded sims you will find is T-Mobile & Simple Mobile.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4
    Carrier(s)
    SafeLink(T-Mobile), FreedomPop(AT&T and Sprint), Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    In my humble opinion, you should contact Red Pocket directly since they are the one got the money. If there is no where it states expiration, it should be good forever. May be Red Pocket can do some thing as a courtesy to potential customers.

By the way, how much you paid for each SIM? And, each SIM was pre-funded for what amount? Does it have expiration date?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    In my humble opinion, you should contact Red Pocket directly since they are the one got the money. ....
    Are you sure that Red Pocket got the money?

More likely there was a Red Pocket offer to dealers to give them a large spiff which could be used to fund them at a special rate, and the dealer left funding the sims too late. The dealer may be the one that has the money.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Free year sprint and truphone/att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole Wright View Post
    No. Sims from both sellers have worked fine in the past, using the instructions provided.
    Correct, I talked to the same dealer or his reps.. and he said they might be fixed on tuesday..? I was able to last activate one on the 4th.. and failed on the 8th or so...

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I only bought a few, some at $5.00 for the $29.95 plan and three at $6.00 for the $39.95 plan. I just see lots of up to 100 for sale on eBay and didn't want others to get fleeced for more $$.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Free year sprint and truphone/att
    Feedback Score
    yah, I get you.. they should have de-listed their items.. but I do think if they don't fix it tomorrow? simple mobile is better then nothing.. this is the only att reseller that I know of besides for a h20 high-priced one