Thread: Iphone 6+ calls connect no voice for listener. (happens sometimes)

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Iphone 6+ calls connect no voice for listener. (happens sometimes)

Hi, I upgraded to the iPhone 6+, and I have noticed sometimes when I make phone calls and its very random, the call will connect person will pick up, I can hear them, they cannot hear me... have to end the call and retry. I noticed a couple friends with the new iphone's had the same issues, then a buddy with a note 4 had the issue on AT&T also.

It happens very random, anyone else having these issues? I don't just have it close to home even if I drive a hour away it happens.

Any inputs?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoDough View Post
    You have been trying for 5 years to work for AT&T? Are you retarded?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Carrier update 18.1 for the iPhone 6 seems to have fixed the issue for many. Have you updated that?
    AT&T HSPA+_____________________________________________ ____________AT&T LTE

Feedback Score
    I was having this issue and it seemed to be cured by turning off FaceTime iPhone Cellular Calls. I know it makes no sense but I think my iPad or MacBook were somehow contributing to the problems.

Feedback Score
    Never mind, I thought it was cured but I'm definitely still having this issue and have requested a replacement iPhone 6 from Apple. I don't think its the problem though and am probably going to be switching back to T-Mobile. I think the problem is that AT&T's VoLTE network isn't up to the task yet. The CSR for AT&T notified me that they've been hearing about widespread VoLTE issues like this.

Oddly though, I've been speaking with a couple family members who never have this issue and I think its a result of the fact that I only get 2 bars of LTE service at home and work. While they both get 3-4 bars in both those places. I think you basically need 3 bars or better of LTE or VoLTE cuts out... unfortunately, we have no control over telling the phone when to auto-drop to 4G...

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried turning off volte? Settings>Cellular> Enable LTE> Data Only

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speer320 View Post
    Have you tried turning off volte? Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE > Data Only
    Not a good option.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
    Not a good option.
    Why not? Some Verizon and T-Mobile users with VoLTE issues are doing the same.

Feedback Score
    Because I want VoLTE. Came from T-Mobile and am used to better sound quality. Can't live without it for business calls.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
    Because I want VoLTE. Came from T-Mobile and am used to better sound quality. Can't live without it for business calls.

via the HoFo App
    May as well port back into T-Mobile. As VoLTE expands across those 3 carriers, reliability and quality should hopefully improve. For now, it is what it is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
    May as well port back into T-Mobile. As VoLTE expands across those 3 carriers, reliability and quality should hopefully improve. For now, it is what it is.
    I actually got the same response from att but I had my iPhone replaced 3 days ago and am experiencing a world of difference. I can only assume that my previous one had a damaged antenna, but that makes little sense considering I had no problems on T-Mobile.