Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking at the L90 How is T Mobile 4G? (non LTE)

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6, SHIELD TV, SHIELD K1, Acer Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    How do these low-end phones fare in terms of having HD voice? It is no longer an option to filter phones by this feature on the T-mobile website. I know wiki has a list but it seems outdated since the most recent LG phone to appear to have this feature is the LG Optimus L9 (an older model that is not the L90).
    All T-Mobile phones have HD Voice. Period. They don't sell any non-HSPA phones anymore, and anything on HSPA is already HD Voice. VoLTE and WiFI calling are also HD voice, but use an even more high definition codec than HSPA. Now, if any of them drop to GSM for some reason they'll drop in quality.
    This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if this means anything but my LG Optimus L90 just did an Android system upgrade.
    It is still 4.4.2 from what it was before the upgrade.
    I only just now am using it after the update a few minutes ago so can't say if anything has changed or improved.

I really like this phone and also my Nokia Lumia 635 which are both mentioned in the original post.
    I don't think I have a favorite of the two.
    They both each have their merits.
    I use them both on Wi-Fi only so I have no opinion on data speed from either.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Optimus L90

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mel2000 View Post
    Why would it be necessary to flash TMo software? Couldn't one just unlock the phone and use a TMo SIM?
    You could unlock it and then use a T-Mobile SIM (which would cost $), or you could just flash T-Mo firmware (which would cost nothing) and use a T-Mobile SIM. I would choose the latter but if you need it unlocked anyway, it doesn't matter. If you only plan to use it on T-Mobile, the free route probably makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I don't know if this means anything but my LG Optimus L90 just did an Android system upgrade.
    It is still 4.4.2 from what it was before the upgrade.
    I only just now am using it after the update a few minutes ago so can't say if anything has changed or improved.

I really like this phone and also my Nokia Lumia 635 which are both mentioned in the original post.
    I don't think I have a favorite of the two.
    They both each have their merits.
    I use them both on Wi-Fi only so I have no opinion on data speed from either.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Optimus L90
    I got the update too. Normally T-Mobile itemizes what was changed but I don't see much. They're adding in-flight texting to most of their phones so there's definitely that added in, and I see KnockOn has been added. Other than that I just read "performance improvements" so hopefully it's a good update because the L90 already works great.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone XR
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6s [AT&T] & iPhone 8 [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    You could unlock it and then use a T-Mobile SIM (which would cost $), or you could just flash T-Mo firmware (which would cost nothing) and use a T-Mobile SIM.
    Thanks for the clarification. I agree though that changing the firmware makes most sense. By "updating firmware" do you mean rooting and installing a new recovery and ROM? I ask because I temporarily bricked my Galaxy S2 after installing a recovery that had a mismatching kernel after the OTA update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2