Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I find my account number?

Device(s)
    LG800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

How do I find my account number?

I was porting my son's Virgin Mobile phone number to Cricket (AT&T prepaid), Cricket is asking for his account number.

I have always logged into Virgin Mobile under his telephone number. After logging in I cannot find any place that shows the account number.

Cricket is saying that his telephone number (what I log in under) is not a valid account number. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    You have to contact Customer Service in order to get the account number. It isn't available online and is only used for porting your number. Calling CS ensures that you have to talk to someone in Retention before your number is ported. They're available pretty early in the morning, but aren't 24 hours.

Device(s)
    LG800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. On the Cricket website they first said the transaction didn't go through because my account number was not right (I had used the phone number, which is what I had used to log into the Virgin Mobile site). Now Cricket is saying that the transaction went through but the account has not been activated...

The point where I entered the Virgin Mobile information was the last step, I had already entered the new phone's IMEI # and my credit card information. Maybe it went through and I will soon receive a shipping notification on the new SIM card?

It is almost 1 am right now, if I don't receive any emails by roughly noon tomorrow I'll call Cricket to see what the status is, maybe the phone number was all that was needed (with PIN). Else I'll call Virgin Mobile.

The Virgin Mobile account is active for another couple of weeks, and stays alive for another 30 days if I remember right, so I have a little time. That being said, he wants to use his iPhone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeZ3 View Post
    Thanks. On the Cricket website they first said the transaction didn't go through because my account number was not right (I had used the phone number, which is what I had used to log into the Virgin Mobile site). Now Cricket is saying that the transaction went through but the account has not been activated...

The point where I entered the Virgin Mobile information was the last step, I had already entered the new phone's IMEI # and my credit card information. Maybe it went through and I will soon receive a shipping notification on the new SIM card?

It is almost 1 am right now, if I don't receive any emails by roughly noon tomorrow I'll call Cricket to see what the status is, maybe the phone number was all that was needed (with PIN). Else I'll call Virgin Mobile.

The Virgin Mobile account is active for another couple of weeks, and stays alive for another 30 days if I remember right, so I have a little time. That being said, he wants to use his iPhone.
    Call VM first to get that account number. I had to call Boost Mobile to get my account number too when I ported to Aio.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Look for the post that tells you how to get your account # with chrome browser. It works. No need to call

here you go

First. Log in to your virgin mobile account.

If you’re using Chrome, you can do the following:

1.) Right-click the page;
    2.) Select ‘Inspect Element’;
    3.) Click the ‘Resources’ tab;
    4.) Expand the ‘Cookies’ group;
    5.) Select ‘www2.virginmobileusa.com’, and;
    6.) Check the list that appears in the right pane for the Name ‘ban’. The nine digit number you see assigned in the Value column next to that Name is your account number.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Look for the post that tells you how to get your account # with chrome browser. It works. No need to call

here you go

6.) Check the list that appears in the right pane for the Name ‘ban’. The nine digit number you see assigned in the Value column next to that Name is your account number.
    I found out the hard way that if you log in to more than one VM account, the ban number doesn't change. If this is not an issue for you, proceed as normal. Otherwise, clear your www2.virginmobileusa.com cookies before logging in and then write down the 9 digit "ban" number.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubTrey View Post
    Otherwise, clear your www2.virginmobileusa.com cookies before logging in and then write down the 9 digit "ban" number.
    Rather than clearing cookies, this would be a good place to use an anonymous or private browser window. That will ignore any cookies previously set for the site.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I wish I would have caught on the BIN number thing. I called CS to get my account number. I ported my VM line to Cricket and for 2 days, I was only making calls on the Cricket line; all incoming calls were directed to the VM line. I went to the Cricket store and they were at a loss. Apparently, I was the only person who ported from VM. The store did countless ports from T-Mobile and Boost. The rep suggested that I call VM. Lo and behold, VM had placed some sort of hold on my line. I had to tell them to release the number.

Device(s)
    LG800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The cookie trick would have worked, thanks for the info. I had sent virgin mobile an email, they responded with the account number. Then I started the port process again and things looked "normal". He received the new SIM a couple of days later and is now a happy iPhone 5 user on Cricket. Thanks again for the help.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This is what I love about Howard Forums! I had the exact same question as the OP and searched here to find 6 helpful responders.

Thanks to All.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post

here you go

Thanks! This worked out great! Wanted to move the number from Virgin Mobile to H2O Wireless and an AT&T GoPhone (Nokia Lumia 520 Windows phone).
    Is a Telegram a metric e-mail?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Is this cookies method actually working for anyone now?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    "Virgin Mobile - You need to contact Virgin Mobile customer service to get your account number - it will be a 9-Digit number - and the passcode is usually the customer's birthday in 6-digit format (2-digit month/2-digit day/2-digit year...example: 011065 for January 10th 1965) UNLESS you changed it to something else.

Update 7/20/16: The account number is no longer included in the source code of the Virgin Mobile My Account web page. However, you can view your cookies for the "virginmobileusa.com" domain and it will be listed under a cookie with the name "ban." The Web Developer extension for Chrome or Firefox is an easy way to view cookies for the current web page."

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2014...find-your.html

Relatively recent update.

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (PREPAID Wireless...: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.33553/37.8993; U; en) Presto/2.12.423 Version/12.16)

Call and ask for it. They have a "saves" department, they used to provide great offers to customers depending on subscriber history. Everything from free phones to free month of service. Again, depending on history or longevity. They know why you are asking for the number and will rarely hesitate to provide it. It is definitely worth calling to get the info. ...
    Last edited by vmobi; 10-23-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    "Virgin Mobile - You need to contact Virgin Mobile customer service to get your account number - it will be a 9-Digit number - and the passcode is usually the customer's birthday in 6-digit format (2-digit month/2-digit day/2-digit year...example: 011065 for January 10th 1965) UNLESS you changed it to something else.

Update 7/20/16: The account number is no longer included in the source code of the Virgin Mobile My Account web page. However, you can view your cookies for the "virginmobileusa.com" domain and it will be listed under a cookie with the name "ban." The Web Developer extension for Chrome or Firefox is an easy way to view cookies for the current web page."

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2014...find-your.html

Relatively recent update.
    Couldn't find the cookie with "ban".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast