http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...oaming-charges

if your to lazy, full article :

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...rges-1.2875949

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    Isn't the new law there to prevent these? As in roaming is capped at $100 or something?
    My Plans (Rogers): Biz Share Flex $80 (unlim stuff w 4gig) + $35 second line.

Feedback Score

Régis Labeaume, Quebec City mayor, racks up $20K in roaming charges

Quote Originally Posted by partyfavor View Post
    Isn't the new law there to prevent these? As in roaming is capped at $100 or something?
    Did you review carefully the new CRTC regulations ?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Suffice to say, there are some loopholes.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    PHIP. Politics Has It's Privileges.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Did you review carefully the new CRTC regulations ?
    I am of course assuming he has a corp account, but the question still remains: why doesn't the crtc also protect the excessiv billing for businesses as well? Maybe not $100 cap but something reasonable, $500? I mean 20k?

LOL I need a break from these forums. Everywhere I turn it's bad plans, gouging stories, bending over. lol

Feedback Score
    I am of course assuming he has a corp account, but the question still remains: why doesn't the crtc also protect the excessiv billing for businesses as well? Maybe not $100 cap but something reasonable, $500? I mean 20k?

LOL I need a break from these forums. Everywhere I turn it's bad plans, gouging stories, bending over. lol
    Tell me something, $100.00 cap is for what exactly?

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    Tell me something, $100.00 cap is for what exactly?
    Sorry I don't understand the question. We know what the cap is for. Prevents any charges accumulating above $100 limit when roaming so you don't have these 20k surprises.

I'm just not sure why after the govt forces this, they still use the corporate side to charge away. Do they need govt intervention for everything? Or do we think they are able to make a judgement call on their own and maybe proactively work with door accounts too lol?

Feedback Score
    Sorry I don't understand the question. We know what the cap is for. Prevents any charges accumulating above $100 limit when roaming so you don't have these 20k surprises...
    Maybe you should review the new regulations in order to know what exactly the $100.00 cap has been set for...

Happy reading!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Maybe you should review the new regulations in order to know what exactly the $100.00 cap has been set for...

Happy reading!
    The cap is for international data roaming. The mayor in the article was charged for international data roaming. I'm not quite following you here.

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stately Automat View Post
    The cap is for international data roaming. The mayor in the article was charged for international data roaming. I'm not quite following you here.
    Exactly.
    Fritz do you need a refresher?

A service provider must suspend national and international data roaming charges once they reach $100 within a single monthly billing cycle, unless the customer expressly consents to pay additional charges.

So, data cap should stop the roaming until the user tells them to keep charging above and beyond.

In fact the Rogers site itself implies that a user won't go over that $100 at all. Making it a hard cap.

"Eligible post-paid customers will have their data roaming pay-per-use and overage charges capped when they reach $100 per line. This cap provides customers with additional peace-of-mind while using their devices while travelling. We will soon be extending the $100 cap feature to all our consumer and small business customers. There is no cap for prepaid customers.

Again, the mayor is prob on corp so it doesn't apply, my point is why. Why do they need the crtc to force them to make a decent ethical decision to treat their customers properly.

*rant over

Feedback Score

Again, the mayor is prob on corp so it doesn't apply, my point is why. Why do they need the crtc to force them to make a decent ethical decision to treat their customers properly.

*rant over
    Fido/Rogers set a $5000.00 warning alarm in their system. I'm pretty sure if this corporate account was Fido/Rogers, a warning would trigger and a special team would reach the person in charge of this corporate account...

...But if they (corporate account manager) decided to let it go the way it end up today... You should rant towards the the account manager rather then the service provider...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stately Automat View Post
    My point is this $100.00 Cap is set for Consumers Accounts without agreement set on or after Dec-02-2013 or Consumers Accounts with a new/modified agreement on or after Dec-02-2013...

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    My point is this $100.00 Cap is set for Consumers Accounts without agreement set on or after Dec-02-2013 or Consumers Accounts with a new/modified agreement on or after Dec-02-2013...
    agreed w you there. consumer only. weird

but as for the 5K warning, why would it be so high when the limit is set at 100$?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Fido/Rogers set a $5000.00 warning alarm in their system. I'm pretty sure if this corporate account was Fido/Rogers, a warning would trigger and a special team would reach the person in charge of this corporate account...

...But if they (corporate account manager) decided to let it go the way it end up today... You should rant towards the the account manager rather then the service provider...
    Bell has a similar policy. I think it's $2500 with them for international.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast