Thread: tmobile calling verizon issues

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

tmobile calling verizon issues

When I call from my t-mobile to my verizon phone and I hang up my verizon keeps ringing and I even get voice mail.
    When I call from verizon to tmobile when i disconnect it just stops the call. I wonder why it keeps calling is it verizon fault as they only give me 450 minutes or tmobile sends signal that keeps on call

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus7 View Post
    When I call from my t-mobile to my verizon phone and I hang up my verizon keeps ringing and I even get voice mail.
    When I call from verizon to tmobile when i disconnect it just stops the call. I wonder why it keeps calling is it verizon fault as they only give me 450 minutes or tmobile sends signal that keeps on call
    I think it has something to do with GSM/HSPA having a control channel that sets up incoming and outgoing calls and tells the network when the call has ended/dropped and tells the handset when the calling party has terminated the call, so it stops ringing.

On CDMA, I don't think such a thing exists (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not all that familiar with CDMA.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus7 View Post
    CDMA has very unique signaling. Up until around 3 to 4 years ago, it was easy to call a CDMA handset in limited coverage and have the service ring out but the handset never ring. Whereas, this is not an issue on a GSM service, as the tower directly pings the handset.

CDMA handsets basically wake up and analyze the signaling to see whether they have a call. You can manually adjust this wakeup time in most CDMA handsets and it’s called slot cycle index. The lower you set it, the higher the battery drain but the more likely that your handset will ring or end calling.

The last LG I had was set to 2 by default, which mean’t it woke every 5 seconds to check for calls. I reduced this to 0, which mean’t it will wake every 1.28 seconds, so I never had any missed call issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well verizon is on lte so it could be an issue with volte and hspa