Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: LTE Coming in January 2015

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fxpbmat View Post
    I am on the 30$ plan and I never get a speed above 3mbps and Iam using iPhone 4, is my phone a problem or the network ? Some folks report getting 8 Mbps on h2o and so I am confused as I do not get that much

via the HoFo App
    I think it has a lot to do with where you are. With lot connection, I get 20 mbps @ work but about 12 mbps @ home.. iPhone 4 is hspa phone, and I would think 4mbps would be normal.

Feedback Score
    I just ran a test on H2O and I got 7.95mbps download using a Lumia 635 in upstate New York.

Feedback Score
    If 4G LTE is coming to H2O Wireless next month then does anyone think the APN settings will change??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keyz16b View Post
    If 4G LTE is coming to H2O Wireless next month then does anyone think the APN settings will change??
    Before, apn of most MVNO's were "att.mvno"

After LTE, the apn is changing..

for consumercellular, the apn is "ccdata"

For Redpocket, the apn is "prodata"

H2O will have something other than current "att.mvno"

Feedback Score
    Hi everyone,
    I have H2O on pay as you go on an iPhone 5S. When I try to use the Internet the speeds are so slow below 1 Mbps. Customer service said its network congestion but it's all the time. Is it normal for the speeds to be this slow or is it throttled? It says 4G at the top btw.

Feedback Score
    Not normal but pay as you go gets slower speed I gave h2o monthly plans get better speeds

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I have H2O paygo and it's always been around that speed for me whenever I tested (around 1 Mbps).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex384 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have H2O on pay as you go on an iPhone 5S. When I try to use the Internet the speeds are so slow below 1 Mbps. Customer service said its network congestion but it's all the time. Is it normal for the speeds to be this slow or is it throttled? It says 4G at the top btw.
    H2O does not yet offer 4G speeds. Assuming they start to next month, a new H20 4G LTE sim card should be offered/required.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie500 View Post
    H2O does not yet offer 4G speeds. Assuming they start to next month, a new H20 4G LTE sim card should be offered/required.
    I think there is a good chance all you need to do is to change your apn setting.. hope it is that simple..

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fxpbmat View Post
    I am on the 30$ plan and I never get a speed above 3mbps and Iam using iPhone 4, is my phone a problem or the network ? Some folks report getting 8 Mbps on h2o and so I am confused as I do not get that much

via the HoFo App
    iPhone 4 is an HSPA 7.2 capable device -- so the theoretical max it is capable of is about 7mbps, which would max out at 3-5mbps in the real world. So your phone is limiting you to some degree, but it's probably not that noticeable for regular surfing, etc.

Carrier(s)
    H2O wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    iPhone 4 is an HSPA 7.2 capable device -- so the theoretical max it is capable of is about 7mbps, which would max out at 3-5mbps in the real world. So your phone is limiting you to some degree, but it's probably not that noticeable for regular surfing, etc.
    Thanks for explaining !

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Woah! I got feel excited when I see this post. I do hope so that it's true.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Feedback Score
    Ok, it's January. Where is my LTE? lol

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    I think AT&T is going to push harder and harder to move everyone to LTE as they continue to repurpose their system. So far I have not noticed any problems with coverage or service on HSPA+, but I suspect it is only a matter of time before you'll need LTE many places.
    I wouldn't be so sure about HSPA+ doing anything fishy soon. AT&T did state that for VOLTE they will need HSPA+ for fallback and I would not be surprised if they kept HSPA+ data activate for another 1-2 years for full VOLTE rollout.

I do know they are keeping many HSPA+ bands active and shutting some down in select city's. Currently I do know though that 2G will be discontinued by 2017 and be re purposed for LTE spectrum but 4G for now will stay the same if not get faster because people are being forced to LTE.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 100 Megs per second internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Three UK sim as secondary.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If H2O is getting LTE will they now allow us to send and receive MMS messages on iPhone? Does that make them supported by Apple?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast