Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 130

Thread: T Mobile Starting Rollover Data

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,875
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    In all honesty I'm curious to see how AT&T and Verizon will respond to this?
    I don't think they will or need to respond at all.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    341
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by speer320 View Post
    On November 25th AT&T registered the trademarks
    "Mobile Share Rollover"
    "Rollover Data"
    And
    "Family Rollover"


    http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfi...809:tg7naj.2.2


    http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfi...809:tg7naj.2.1

    http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfi...809:tg7naj.2.3


    via the HoFo App
    That explains why tmobile didnt call it rollover data.
    Get DropBox!!

    Was an ATT customer since 2011 switched to T-Mobile 4/2015 and living in NY. Thank God for unlimited data!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IDENBOY View Post
    That explains why tmobile didnt call it rollover data.
    How can you trademark a PHRASE that is used in other countries, such as the United Kingdom, and has been for decades? Prior Art, anyone?

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Greater Hartford, CT
    Posts
    12,416
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I don't think they will or need to respond at all.
    You could be right....... But AT&T has made changes that I don't think would of happened if Tmobile had not been aggressive with it's marketing.
    Hartford, CT Area

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,877
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Trademarks are not internationally protected. A trademark holder has to apply for registration in each country where protection is sought. There may be reciprocal registrations in the European Community.
    Earl F. Parrish

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    614
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hungrytoph3r View Post
    How can you trademark a PHRASE that is used in other countries, such as the United Kingdom, and has been for decades? Prior Art, anyone?
    Prior art applies to patents, A patent is different from a trademark.


    http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/basics/definitions.jsp


    A trademark gives the company that files it exclusive use of a certain phrase for a certain use.

    So AT&T has exclusive use of "rollover data" when used to market "Communications services, namely, wireless mobile data service plans"







    via the HoFo App

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    492
    Feedback Score
    0
    Tmo is deploying 700Mhz (band 12) nationally and improving their suburban and rural coverage. Edge is being replaced by LTE. While they are unlikely to equal ATT's coverage footprint, they will probably have coverage in a sufficiently large area for many people to consider switching. So far they have only 5 devices, of which only one (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) is a name brand phone. By late 2015 all of TMO's phones should support band 12.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,877
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by speer320 View Post
    Prior art applies to patents, A patent is different from a trademark.
    http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/basics/definitions.jsp

    A trademark gives the company that files it exclusive use of a certain phrase for a certain use.

    So AT&T has exclusive use of "rollover data" when used to market "Communications services, namely, wireless mobile data service plans"
    via the HoFo App
    The owner of the trademark must keep it in use to maintain the protection of the mark. They also must actively defend against infringements.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,406
    Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    The people who use little data will have a hard time using up the ten gigabytes given to participants in the program. They will have to use up that allowance before rolling over any left over data from their monthly plans. Those customers would have to use up their three gigabyte allowances to dig into the ten gigabyte gift. After they use up the ten gigabytes, they would have to cut back usage in order to have any leftover data to go into the "Data Stash." People generally purchase more data because they want to use more data. The ten gigabyte gift is a "Catch 22". If you use the ten gigabytes, you have nothing to rollover. If you do not use the ten gigabytes, you are not allowed to rollover unused data from your monthly plan.
    Their packages are basically Unlimited, as you start with 3GB/mo or 4.5GB/mo of 4G data on a smartphone line, and then music streaming services, which are the only thing that uses a lot of bandwidth, are exempted anyway, and then if you go over your limit, you still have unlimited data, it's just not as fast, and you get the 10GB, but for people with wildly changing usage patterns that might work out well, but for most users, this is just another gimmick really that T-Mobile is giving away, which is nice, but they are doing it in such a way that it protects their ARPU.

    But the bottom line is, I don't really care how cheap T-Mobile is, I need reliable coverage wherever I go, and T-Mobile doesn't offer that. AT&T does. And, to top it off, T-Mobile is barely cheaper than AT&T. We could get 4.5GB/line with Data Stash for $140/mo from T-Mobile, we have 20GB of MSV for $160/mo from AT&T. So more data, a single data pool, and WAY better coverage for $20/mo more. Sounds like a deal to me. Wifi calling and free international roaming would be nice, but AT&T is going to do Wifi calling eventually, and their new international packages are a lot better than the old ones, and their international roaming is full speed, versus T-Mobile's free but slower service.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    593
    Device(s)
    ATT Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    T...........e.
    well that is your usage scenario. i am not likely ever going t mobile either. but the pressure that they are putting on the industry is noteworthy.

    many of us use alot more data that you. i know i do. when i am working in a mobile capacity i can easily use a gig or more a day just for work and that doesn't include streaming audio or video. so the more data i can have the better.

    i am not likely leaving att. period. but the more t mobile makes them be competitive the more i appreciate their 'uncarrier' moves.

    i don't care if t mobile is splitting hairs with their data terms or crushing their arpu. They don't put food on my table or pay my bills. I do care that they are making the industry react to their uncarrier moves and giving me literally nearly 2000 bux in my pocket per year. literally. after att went mobile share with included tethering that saved me at least 150 per month when i went to the 10 gig plan.

    Then they doubled my plan on a retention offer to 20 gigs. lol. i hope for more and better uncarrier moves soon.

    alot of comments in this thread are hilarious to me. t mobile's moves are benefiting the customers of the wireless industry as a whole. why are people talking crap? i am going to take my better terms and saved money and be happy. this kind of reminds me of a thread just before the retention offer for 20 for 10 became available. some posters were jumping on a poor guy for complaining that ATT didn't double the 10 gigs at first. i had to pose the question to the attackers that in an ideal world wouldn't you want your 10 gigs doubled as well???

    some of you sound crazy. these companies literally profit in the billions of dollars and you act like they need protection. protect your own pocketbook. these companies do fine on their own. the red pill is available.......

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,745
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gammite View Post
    alot of comments in this thread are hilarious to me. t mobile's moves are benefiting the customers of the wireless industry as a whole. why are people talking crap? i am going to take my better terms and saved money and be happy. this kind of reminds me of a thread just before the retention offer for 20 for 10 became available. some posters were jumping on a poor guy for complaining that ATT didn't double the 10 gigs at first. i had to pose the question to the attackers that in an ideal world wouldn't you want your 10 gigs doubled as well?
    The reason that many (or at least my reason) that many found the comments of the "poor" guy ridiculous was simply because of the sense of entitlement he displayed. He wanted to start a social media "revolution" against ATTM for not giving him his double data, after all he was ENTITLED to it.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,649
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post

    But the bottom line is, I don't really care how cheap T-Mobile is, I need reliable coverage wherever I go, and T-Mobile doesn't offer that. AT&T does. And, to top it off, T-Mobile is barely cheaper than AT&T. We could get 4.5GB/line with Data Stash for $140/mo from T-Mobile, we have 20GB of MSV for $160/mo from AT&T. So more data, a single data pool, and WAY better coverage for $20/mo more. Sounds like a deal to me. Wifi calling and free international roaming would be nice, but AT&T is going to do Wifi calling eventually, and their new international packages are a lot better than the old ones, and their international roaming is full speed, versus T-Mobile's free but slower service.
    True for me too as a single line. Caveat I do get 25% off through work with at&t. With T-Mobile I wouldn't save anything unless I went with a 3GB plan, but I wouldn't save more than a few dollars a month for *less* data. Sprint I can potentially save $5 a month for unlimited, or $20 a month if I did the half-bill promo (with 5 GB of data). So Sprint for me is cheaper, but I am at the point where reliable beats even $20 in savings; I am not in college anymore and make enough money to not care about $20. I don't think TM will have reliable LTE in most of south NJ or DE in 6 months anyways...
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    341
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    The reason that many (or at least my reason) that many found the comments of the "poor" guy ridiculous was simply because of the sense of entitlement he displayed. He wanted to start a social media "revolution" against ATTM for not giving him his double data, after all he was ENTITLED to it.
    Hey it got what was needed and people jumped on it to get it as well.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    6,524
    Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    Att and verizon can't throttle unlimited customers at 5GBs and complain about network congestion and still allow the same people that pay for those 30GB, and higher shared data plans to go crazy. That's why the fcc had to step in against verizon in sept. They lie.

    I wish Att had those same band 13 restrictions on their band 17 spectrum.


    via the HoFo App
    ^^^^^THIS!!!!!

    As a 10 year customer of AT&T, this is part of the reason I left, along with climbing prices.

    Now on T-Mobile, I get TRUE unlimited data, with 5 GB of Hotspot, the same amount of actual usable data I could use with AT&T.

    Sick of hearing about superior coverage on the part of AT&T and VZW. Practicality is beginning to set in and I LOVE IT!!!

    The coverage argument just isn't holding the same weight, as it used to.

    True unlimited data, substantially lower prices, aggressive CONSUMER FRIENDLY policies, etc...

    What's not to love!? Please see my signature for how I currently feel 😉


    Thank You John Legere!!!
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    The coverage argument just isn't holding the same weight, as it used to.
    Speak for yourself. Obviously even TMo realizes they have a problem so they are searching everywhere for that 700mHz spectrum to give them a bigger footprint and better building penetration.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jolt Mobile has Rollover Data too!
    By Guest 282 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 03:08 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 01:11 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 05:10 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 03:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks