Thread: T Mobile Starting Rollover Data

Device(s)
    ATT Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

T Mobile Starting Rollover Data

Come on ATT. It is time.

T-Mobile has a new outlook on mobile data: If you paid for it, you get to keep it.

Starting in January 2015, the U.S. wireless carrier will introduce a new policy called Data Stash, which will roll over any unused data from the previous month instead expiring, as it does on all other major carriers. That means if you paid for 3GB of data and only used 1.8GB, the remaining 1.2GB would be added to your Data Stash

The rollover data doesn't last forever, though; it expires after a year and only applies to 4G LTE data, so customers with older 3G phones are out of luck. But if you have an LTE device, Data Stash is available to all T-Mobile customers — both individuals and businesses — as long as you're buying at least 3GB of 4G LTE data every month.

T-Mobile says it will give every customer that qualifies for Data Stash an extra 10GB of data to kick off the program in January.

"Think of it as data rollover. If you buy data, it's yours," T-Mobile CEO John Legere said during a webcast to announce the new plan. Legere said many customers overbuy on data to avoid overage charges, which account for $1.5 billion of revenue for other U.S. carriers ever year (Legere eliminated overage charges at T-Mobile earlier in 2014).

http://mashable.com/2014/12/16/t-mobile-data-stash/

Feedback Score
    This is great. People have been asking for this for years!

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Yeah, it's only great if you first want to purchase an extra 3gb of data per line. In other words, you only get Data Stash if you are already getting a minimum of 4gb per line of data.

Feedback Score
    The big boys will have to follow this

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon never followed att on the rollover voice minute days... this will be no different

Device(s)
    ATT Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsocko View Post
    Verizon never followed att on the rollover voice minute days... this will be no different
    i dunnooooooooooooooo....

http://qz.com/312907/blocking-atts-m...for-operators/

Device(s)
    6+
    Feedback Score
    Why is it that whenever there's an insignificant uncarrier move, the TMO boys see fit to parade it around HoFo and the Internet, like Legere is Jesus 2.0?

Device(s)
    ATT Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
    Why is it that whenever there's an insignificant uncarrier move, the TMO boys see fit to parade it around HoFo and the Internet, like Legere is Jesus 2.0?
    I have ATT. TMO's moves have benefited me greatly. i dunno wtf you are talking about.

and if att follows this which i think they will it will be even better for me.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If T-Mobile is also advertising unlimited data, this move has little effect.

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/family.html
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsocko View Post
    but that was in the time where people started to use mins less and started with texting etc. Hence why most minute plans are unlimited now.
    Get DropBox!!

Was an ATT customer since 2011 switched to T-Mobile 4/2015 and living in NY. Thank God for unlimited data!

Device(s)
    NOKIA Lumia 1520, NOKIA Lumia 920 (wife's phone, NOW)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    While Legere isn't Jesus 2.0, any moves he's made have been scutinized by the big boys and in some cases copied by both AT&T & Verizon.
    Do you think 10GB shared data on Verizon for $80 / month, would be available now without Legere?
    I currently pay $127 / month (pre tax) for 20GB shared data w 3 smartphones on AT&T.

Soooooo, thanx John Legere - even though I have NO intention to jump to T-Mobile (unless their network improves, significantly). I do, however, cheer a lot when he makes these announcements.
    informed/intelligent comments are welcome ... BS - not so much ...

peace,
    ROK

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKstrr View Post
    While Legere isn't Jesus 2.0, any moves he's made have been scutinized by the big boys and in some cases copied by both AT&T & Verizon.
    Do you think 10GB shared data on Verizon for $80 / month, would be available now without Legere?
    I currently pay $127 / month (pre tax) for 20GB shared data w 3 smartphones on AT&T.

Soooooo, thanx John Legere - even though I have NO intention to jump to T-Mobile (unless their network improves, significantly). I do, however, cheer a lot when he makes these announcements.
    Anyone on Verizon or ATT has benefited from T-mobiles actions in the industry. All T-mobile needs is better coverage and plenty of people will jump ship myself included.

Feedback Score
    Sorry but there's nothing insignificant about this move. It's something that many have clamored for since the introduction of tiered data. Tiered data is simply financial rape of the customer at the current pricing and something like this could be very beneficial for many if for no other reason than simple peace of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by IDENBOY View Post
    Anyone on Verizon or ATT has benefited from T-mobiles actions in the industry. All T-mobile needs is better coverage and plenty of people will jump ship myself included.
    If TMo actually had coverage indoors where I need it and LTE coverage where I now only get 2g, I'd find myself hard pressed not to switch to TMo. But there are enough customers in my general geographic area who will benefit greatly and that could cause significant enough financial discomfort to ATTM and Vzw to lead them to lower their prices and/or follow up with some sort of rollover plan of their own. Then again, I bet ATTM and Vzw still find a way to hide all of sorts of gotchas inside of any new scheme they cook up.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    Yeah, it's only great if you first want to purchase an extra 3gb of data per line. In other words, you only get Data Stash if you are already getting a minimum of 4gb per line of data.
    I know. I saw that and laughed. So AT&T and Verizon use overages to get people to upgrade to bigger packages, T-Mobile uses this. It's like they are talking out of both sides of their mouth. That being said, the concept is pretty cool, and I think AT&T should bring back Rollover for data, even if I have no use for it, just because it's kind of cool. It would be neat to have ~225GB of data available on Rollover at any given time (10GB doubled to 20GB plan with 4 lines ended up being about the same as a 2GB or 4GB with 4 lines and occasional overages), but it has no practical use for me. I could see it being useful for a big family though!

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    And I wouldn't trade AT&T's superior coverage for gimmicks like this from T-Mobile's crappy half 4G/ half EDGE high-frequency network.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast