Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rogers just lost a client of 19 years

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by some-gei View Post
    So just to be clear:

- Customer calls Rogers and asks very specifically if it is possible to block the phone from making calls and NOT disable data, so that he can track his iphone and wipe it remotely.
    - Rogers gives client a very clear answer - yes this is possible and we can do that for you right now. We will block your phone from phone calls but will keep data enabled so that you can wipe it remotely
    - Customer accepts.

...and according to all the Rogers fanboys/employees here - this is the customers fault?

I realize we've all become desensitized to complete incompetence from Rogers reps, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable.
    It's the customer's fault in the sense that they took a single opinion and didn't research it any further. People seem to expect that companies will take care of them rather than being accountable for themselves, however assigning fault suggests placing blame. If anyone is at fault in this situation, it's the thief who took the phone in the first place.

That said, realistically speaking, which carrier would have done better for the customer and what would they have done? They've acknowledged the bad advice and made an effort to compensate the customer. What would you expect them to do in your ideal world?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    So within 40 minutes of losing your phone, you used the Find My iPhone option, but you didn't locate it with GPS? Was it off.

And you didn't want a free replacement, but a reduced cost phone. They offered you $50. That wasn't good enough. So how much do you want?
    But on the plus side, I knocked over the SunSphere.

Muh Plan:
    U/L Canadawide Calling
    U/L Picture/Video/Text Messaging
    5 GB Data
    $55/month less 10% for BYOD

The Former Abbywack-A-Mole

Feedback Score
    Hey Inflictionmitch,

I am sorry to hear you have lost your iPhone.

I know the information that was communicated to you might have been incorrect, however there would have been no guarantee that the phone would have been recovered if the data was still working either. At this point you were looking into possibly getting another device at a reduced cost, do you want us to look at the refurbished devices available and use that $50 credit towards that hardware?

Thanks

RogersRavi

Feedback Score
    Sadly this is simply a lesson that most Rogers reps have no clue what they are talking about.

It is indeed Rogers' fault that you weren't able to wipe your phone as a result of being lied to/misinformed by them, but as this board is filled with many Rogers employees//apologists you won't get a lot of sympathy. You would think that someone who works for a cell phone provider would possess such a basic level of knowledge, but the incompetence of Rogers knows no bounds.
    No one is disputing the fact that the Rogers reps made a mistake here. However, Rogers is not the reason why the phone has gone missing. In addition Rogers has no obligation to protect your phone against loss or theft nor does it have any obligation to protect data stored on your own personal device. $50 is more than adequate compensation for the error here.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    And you think leaving to another provider will do what?
    Go away troll
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Go away troll
    Maybe you should go away as your response as been equally useless as ircu's.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I think there are too many Rogers apologists on this thread.
    The initial fault was the thief, but the OP should have been more careful. After that in a situation where time is of the essence, the OP called his provider, i.e. did the right thing. I'm not sure how people expected him to solicit a variety of opinions and they suss out what was best. I'm sure that if he had come here and posted asking what to do a lot of those same individuals would have told the OP that he should have contacted his provider.

This is certainly not the first time that something like this has happened and it is a scenario that can be reasonably predicted to occur commonly enough that the carrier should be able to anticipate it and have a set process in place that their representative can convey to the customer. Rogers, by giving incorrect advice, made a bad situation worse and I think they share some culpability. Out of goodwill Rogers did extend the $50 offer, which I think needs to be acknowledged as a good offer. I think they should go further by making sure that they educate their representatives about how to handle this unfortunately too common occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stately Automat View Post
    It's the customer's fault in the sense that they took a single opinion and didn't research it any further. People seem to expect that companies will take care of them rather than being accountable for themselves. Fault suggests placing blame though. If someone is at fault in this situation, it's the thief who took the phone in the first place.

That said, realistically speaking, which carrier would have done better for the customer and what would they have done?
    Simon16

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonseize View Post
    Out of goodwill Rogers did extend the $50 offer, which I think needs to be acknowledged as a good offer. I think they should go further by making sure that they educate their representatives about how to handle this unfortunately too common occurrence.
    This right here. Nothing more.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by simonseize View Post
    I'm not sure how people expected him to solicit a variety of opinions and they suss out what was best.
    I agree with this. When Rogers was contacted and they said data would work but everything else wouldn't, they were wrong. The customer shouldn't have to go beyond asking the provider what to do in such a situation.

Rogers was wrong there. But their offer of $50 should be adequate considering they actually owe $0 to the customer in this situation, regardless of their mistake.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    And you think leaving to another provider will do what?
    Make him feel [emotionally] better.

Feedback Score
    Reps are not trained on the software on the phone or the apps. So the rep made a mistake oh well move on.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stately Automat View Post
    It's the customer's fault in the sense that they took a single opinion and didn't research it any further.
    Geez you guys get more and more ridiculous every day. So after calling Rogers and asking a specific question and getting a specific answer to that question, you're supposed to go out and do more research to see if what Rogers said was actually the truth?

This is just like my post in another thread where Rogers lied to me about the plan I was getting (after I confirmed and re-confirmed 10 times) and somehow it was my own fault.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Reps are not trained on the software on the phone or the apps. So the rep made a mistake oh well move on.
    but they should be trained that on what exactly blacklisting a device does and how services are impacted, no?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    The thing is I'm not an unreasonable customer - I would say I have a good relationship and no issues with virtually all my other various service provider. The issue at hand here is not that a Rogers rep made one mistake - that in itself would be forgivable. The issue is that Rogers reps ALWAYS make mistakes. I would say that about 50% of my phone calls with Rogers end up with me being lied to or speaking to otherwise uninformed service reps.

This level of incompetence may be fine for the Rogers fanboys here - but in the real world it is simply not good enough. Blaming a customer for not checking and double-checking what they are specifically told by Rogers is simply not acceptable.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    The thing is I'm not an unreasonable customer
    The way you're coming off on this forum, I'd say this is very much in the eye of the beholder.

I would say I have a good relationship and no issues with virtually all my other various service provider.
    Wireless is a unique service provider when compared to something like internet or satellite TV. It's not like you're going to call Shaw and complain that you lost your satellite receiver and they should give you money for a new one.

I've never heard of anyone calling a TV provider and getting a "retentions" deal for cheaper programming... So on and so forth.

Or say your electric service provider. You're not gonna call them and complain that their electricity plan is too expensive and you should get three free light bulbs or you're moving to another electric company...

The issue is that Rogers reps ALWAYS make mistakes.
    Here's where you're wrong. I've never had any issue with Rogers or their reps. You apparently have. This makes me a good for nothing "apologist" or "fanboy". Not sure why, maybe you're the problem?

I would say that about 50% of my phone calls with Rogers end up with me being lied to or speaking to otherwise uninformed service reps.
    That's unfortunate. Switch to another provider then and let us know how much better they are.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast