Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Sprint’s Plans Confusing - Activation Fee Ridiculous

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    746
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Sprint’s Plans Confusing - Activation Fee Ridiculous

    Thought I would have a look at Sprint’s offerings after 8 years but the system is a joke. Their corporate site is extremely slow and the mirage of plans are confusing. Not to mention, why would they still charge an activation fee on their non-contract plans and corporate customers.

    There are also zero incentives to sign up with them unless you are migrating from AT&T or Verizon. Which begs the question, what’s the point, as folks who live in a city are going to go for T-Mobile. For anyone in the exurbs or beyond, or those who travel extensively, AT&T and Verizon are the undisputed winners.

    Sprint is seriously a carrier that just does not get how to win a customer in 2014, well beyond madmen @ S4guru who rock back and forth telling us that upgrade is coming! the upgrade is coming!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    261
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The activation fee is a joke on all carriers. As are the extra surcharges and fees they add on to the bill.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    2,402
    Device(s)
    Moto E4, Nexus 5X, LG Gpad X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Unlimited Data Pass, Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    One can easily avoid the activation fees and most of the taxes by signing up for Prepaid, in particular, Sprint Prepaid. And yes, believe it or not, some people, like myself, live in a turbo Spark area and actually enjoy Sprint's network.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,443
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    One can easily avoid the activation fees and most of the taxes by signing up for Prepaid, in particular, Sprint Prepaid. And yes, believe it or not, some people, like myself, live in a turbo Spark area and actually enjoy Sprint's network.
    This is yet another Sprint troll thread. Ignore them and the sad, misguided people who start them.
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    6,322
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Please keep these type of complaint posts in the rants forum
    Sprint user since 1997

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    7,701
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Activation Fees are waived for Credit Union members and I think AAA members, you can always ask to have them waived too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    528
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    Activation Fees are waived for Credit Union members and I think AAA members, you can always ask to have them waived too.
    Who has the authority to waive activation/upgrade fees? Who do you ask?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    7,701
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    Who has the authority to waive activation/upgrade fees? Who do you ask?
    The simplest is to find a local sprint corporate store as generally they are very helpful then adding discounts and such. Even the non corporate stores I've been in lately looking for Nexus 6 cases, I've overheard them asking customers if they are a credit union member so they can waive the activation fee. Credit union membership, AAA membership and a host of others qualifies you for 10% off most plans too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    746
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by larryt510 View Post
    Please keep these type of complaint posts in the rants forum
    This is not a rant, this is reality about Sprint and their absurd pricing and business practices.

    I switch carriers, handsets, and services quarterly yet sprint has done nothing to attract me in over 8 years. Oh wait, I need to think like a fanboy, it’s probably my fault (somehow) of course.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    3,346
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The activation fees that the original poster was eluding to are the ones that Sprint charges on no contract plans. None of the other carriers are charging activation fees on the no contract plants. The big two are only charging activation fees on contract plans and T-Mobile does not charge activation fees at all. Sprint is struggling hard to attract customers. They need to ditch activation fees altogether on no contract plans. Not make customers jump through hoops to figure out a way to avoid them. I tried sprint last winter and they still tried to charge me my activation feed on my first monthly bill even though I am a credit Union member. I went through the whole process of taking a picture of my ATM card and sending it to the phone number listed. But it still took three phone calls to get it removed. They just need to get rid of it altogether.


    via the HoFo App

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    746
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    The activation fees that the original poster was eluding to are the ones that Sprint charges on no contract plans. None of the other carriers are charging activation fees on the no contract plants. The big two are only charging activation fees on contract plans and T-Mobile does not charge activation fees at all. Sprint is struggling hard to attract customers. They need to ditch activation fees altogether on no contract plans. Not make customers jump through hoops to figure out a way to avoid them. I tried sprint last winter and they still tried to charge me my activation feed on my first monthly bill even though I am a credit Union member. I went through the whole process of taking a picture of my ATM card and sending it to the phone number listed. But it still took three phone calls to get it removed. They just need to get rid of it altogether.
    Sprint has always been like this. For example, their refusal to accept BYOD for years. They seem to have a huge disconnect with reality of their service and where they stand in the market. Their Tablet plans for example are actually more expensive than AT&T. What world do these guys live in?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    7,701
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    The activation fees that the original poster was eluding to are the ones that Sprint charges on no contract plans. None of the other carriers are charging activation fees on the no contract plants. The big two are only charging activation fees on contract plans and T-Mobile does not charge activation fees at all. Sprint is struggling hard to attract customers. They need to ditch activation fees altogether on no contract plans. Not make customers jump through hoops to figure out a way to avoid them. I tried sprint last winter and they still tried to charge me my activation feed on my first monthly bill even though I am a credit Union member. I went through the whole process of taking a picture of my ATM card and sending it to the phone number listed. But it still took three phone calls to get it removed. They just need to get rid of it altogether.


    via the HoFo App
    Two things,

    1) I recently picked up a Nexus 6. They immediately credited the fee on my next bill.

    2) Sprint has been requesting discount verification, I've lost my 25% discount but went through the verification link to add a 10% Credit Union membership one. I received a confirmation email from a rep a few days later letting me know it has been applied.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    746
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Surely its common sense to offer the best options for folks to sign up when you are the worst performing carrier? As also pointed out, to at least match significantly larger competitors offerings? Like no activation fees on non-contract plans.

    When it comes to their 3GB tablet plan for example, they are actually more expensive than T-mobile or AT&T.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 07:09 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:56 PM
  3. A bit confused on Sprint plans and roaming..
    By SpineDoc in forum Sprint
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2003, 10:07 AM
  4. activation fee to add line to Family Plan?
    By selfmaniac in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 08:42 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2003, 06:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks