Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Offering Half Off AT&T and Verizon Bills

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kpo'm View Post
    Since you have to buy a unsubsidized phone and trade in an existing phone or pay $200, it winds up being essentially an $850 upfront payment. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan on AT&T. I'm sure Sprint would mark the "half off" from my price before corporate discounts, which is $75/month. That would make it $37.50, or about $50 with taxes and fees. Right now I'm paying AT&T $61 after taxes and my corporate discount. So I'd save $11, maybe $15 if I'm overestimating the taxes, but would need to pay $850 upfront. It would take 5-7 years before it pays off.
    From the FAQ:

Will the discount include my NVP?

The Cut Your Bill in Half Event is calculated off of your net total competitor talk, text and data charges which will include your NVP discount.
    Additional NVP discounts through Sprint will not be awarded.
    The Sprint Half Price plans are only eligible for Consumer accounts.

So Sprint will take your employer discount into the halved price but not give you an ADDITIONAL employer discount on top of that

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kpo'm View Post
    Since you have to buy a unsubsidized phone and trade in an existing phone or pay $200, it winds up being essentially an $850 upfront payment. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan on AT&T. I'm sure Sprint would mark the "half off" from my price before corporate discounts, which is $75/month. That would make it $37.50, or about $50 with taxes and fees. Right now I'm paying AT&T $61 after taxes and my corporate discount. So I'd save $11, maybe $15 if I'm overestimating the taxes, but would need to pay $850 upfront. It would take 5-7 years before it pays off.
    Don't also forget ATT has a MUCH larger native network - where you can utilize the unlimited data on both networks only. So, not only is your payoff the better part of a decade (really a terrible investment for a small amount of money, figuring inflation and such), you are getting a much smaller product - granted it's 'half-off'.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Running through the numbers and its not worth it to switch, in my case at least.

Half off doesn't turn out that way after the phone fee.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I kinda want to send in my plan and see what they come back with, but I don't think I would leave a premium carrier to sub-par service for a little bit of savings... Sprint still has a lot of network work to do!
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Don't also forget ATT has a MUCH larger native network - where you can utilize the unlimited data on both networks only. So, not only is your payoff the better part of a decade (really a terrible investment for a small amount of money, figuring inflation and such), you are getting a much smaller product - granted it's 'half-off'.
    Well, unlimited on Sprint = unlimited, not 5GB full speed then throttled. Still, seems to make no sense for this customer. Someone on a $300/mo Family Share might work out differently.
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Feedback Score
    Are they going to match a Verizon unlimited data plan to a Sprint unlimited data plan at half price?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coorey View Post
    Are they going to match a Verizon unlimited data plan to a Sprint unlimited data plan at half price?
    I expect that they would, as it is only $60/mo full price for Sprint unlimited. I would not give up Verizon unlimited for it myself, though.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    The only reason I could see it worthwhile was if I already had a sprint phone that I could use and get half off while avoiding the phone fee. I've been hoping sprint would come out with a good plan but this one needs some tweaking.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    The only reason I could see it worthwhile was if I already had a sprint phone that I could use and get half off while avoiding the phone fee. I've been hoping sprint would come out with a good plan but this one needs some tweaking.
    If you have a single line, you can BYOP on a Framily that you can find on Reddit, and get unlimited for $45. Has to be done in store or on phone, though. Can't be done online.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm hoping sprint does pick up some customers though. Competition is good for all of us.

I think sprint should drop the part about giving them your old phone. I know quite a few who would switch on Friday if they were able to sell their current phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    If you have a single line, you can BYOP on a Framily that you can find on Reddit, and get unlimited for $45. Has to be done in store or on phone, though. Can't be done online.
    Not quite. I work for a Sprint preferred retailer, and I haven't been able to add onto a framily in over a month. Sprint now has it set up to where you can only add a line to a framily if it's on an account where the other lines already have framily. No longer any new accounts with an existing framily.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    Well, unlimited on Sprint = unlimited, not 5GB full speed then throttled. Still, seems to make no sense for this customer. Someone on a $300/mo Family Share might work out differently.
    Yes true. Honestly, vzw and att unlimited plans from back in the day might not be that expensive. This might be more true if they had no text or a small number that lowered the plan a bit.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    I'm hoping sprint does pick up some customers though. Competition is good for all of us.

I think sprint should drop the part about giving them your old phone. I know quite a few who would switch on Friday if they were able to sell their current phone.
    Switch phones before switching. No need to give them an S5 when all they want is a phone. Craigslist $20 Thunderbolt should do.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/VZW
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    Switch phones before switching. No need to give them an S5 when all they want is a phone. Craigslist $20 Thunderbolt should do.
    This is a great idea. With this and jacking up the data allotment before porting out to Sprint is not half bad.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Are they cutting your data price and access charges in half? I pay $15 per line and $78 for 15gb of data. My total is $138 for 4 lines. So with this offer the access charges would be $7.50 per line? For a total of $69? That's awesome. Even if I do need to buy new devices. I'd have to buy new devices with Verizon eventually anyway.

via the HoFo App

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast