Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Offering Half Off AT&T and Verizon Bills

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Sprint Offering Half Off AT&T and Verizon Bills

From the Atlanta Journal Constitution also in WSJ but I can't read that completely.

http://business.blog.ajc.com/2014/12...alf-off-offer/

Sprint tries to lure Verizon, AT&T customers with half-off offer

Sprint, the No. 3 network contender in subscribers, is going after No. 1 Verizon’s and No. 2 AT&T’s customers with a “Cut Your Bill in Half” offer.

Beginning Friday, Sprint says any Verizon or AT&T customer who switches to its service will receive unlimited talk and text to anywhere in the U.S. and match a customer’s data allowance for half the cost they now pay its rivals monthly.

Sprint also says it will pay up to $350 per line in the form of a Visa prepaid card if the customers face an early termination fee or leave an installment bill balance.

In a statement, Sprint Chief Executive Officer Marcelo Claure said this “is not just a promotion. He said the new price will be a customer’s “ongoing price.”

In its most recent study of network reliability, speed and other performance measures consumers consider, RootMetrics said Sprint and Verizon tied for No. 1 in reliability in metro Atlanta and Sprint and Verizon tied for No. 1 in call performance. RootMetrics tested the competing networks between July 25 and August 2.

Sprint’s half-off rate will be based on the monthly voice, text and data rate plan charge for all lines on the customer’s Verizon or AT&T bill. Customers can sign up for the plan beginning Friday.

Will you be switching to Sprint?
    Last edited by offthegrid; 12-02-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I can see the schemes now:

1. Port out from X into AT&T, get new phones.
    2. Stay for 1 month
    3. Port into Sprint, cut bill in half and get ETF paid
    4. Sell phones you got from AT&T
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    I can see the schemes now:

1. Port out from X into AT&T, get new phones.
    2. Stay for 1 month
    3. Port into Sprint, cut bill in half and get ETF paid
    4. Sell phones you got from AT&T
    You have to give them your AT&T devices. No trade in value of any kind. Nada.

Anyway this offer by Sprint is a scam. I cannot think of anyone who would take the bait on this offer. Since you have to trade in your old devices, you have to buy new ones upfront or in installments. Good luck trying to do with multiple lines. It'll be a while before you see any real savings. Never mind that your phone is a brick when you decide to leave Sprint and their network is subpar compared to Big Red and Big Blue.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krabbs View Post
    You have to give them your AT&T devices. No trade in value of any kind. Nada.
    The devil is always in the details, isn't it? Well, it is not worth joining AT&T/Verizon to work the system, but maybe some disgruntled AT&T/Verizon customers will consider the move, especially those in good Sprint areas.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You don't have to trade in your devices... You'll be charged $200 for every phone you DON'T turn in. Someone who wants to milk the system can still come out ahead if they wanted to.

http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...t:12022014:FAQ

Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    ain't that a b*tch..

how about offering *current premium subs* a bone, like a monthly shave off pricing -

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8#post15636808
    >:-,

“There's no benchmark for how life's "supposed" to happen. There is no ideal world for you to wait around for. The world is always just what it is now, it's up to you how you respond to it.”
    ― Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    How much is the typical phone payment on sprint? Is that the $27 I see all over the place?

Feedback Score
    At first I saw this and thought it was a cool idea until I kept reading. The fact that you have to turn in your devices with no trade in value or pay $200 is horrible. Then every line that is brought over has to have a device purchased or bought in installments which takes the price plan right back up. And finally you're stuck with whatever plan they come up with as a change in the future would make you move to the then current plans on the market.

Another nice idea but bad executive plan by Sprint as this has trouble written all over it.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    How much is the typical phone payment on sprint? Is that the $27 I see all over the place?
    This varies greatly. Some are paying $110/mo for a subsidy and everything with tethering, others are paying $25/mo for Framily with 1GB and there are lots of levels in between. ARPU is $57, if that is an indicator.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah with the phone payment my monthly cost will be similar so not much incentive. Wouldn't be a bad deal after phone was paid off monthly fee wise.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    One angle people may take is jacking up their data bucket to a high amount and then getting that much data for half the cost from Sprint. I would certainly advise upgrading to the highest bucket before leaving, in any case.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Now if they did half off and offered a sprint phone for two year price, I'd be all over that and would give sprint a shot. Not so sure they would cut mine in half since its a loyalty plan. I haven't read all the fine print.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    One angle people may take is jacking up their data bucket to a high amount and then getting that much data for half the cost from Sprint. I would certainly advise upgrading to the highest bucket before leaving, in any case.
    Good idea.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    Now if they did half off and offered a sprint phone for two year price, I'd be all over that and would give sprint a shot. Not so sure they would cut mine in half since its a loyalty plan. I haven't read all the fine print.
    So true. I would do the same.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Since you have to buy a unsubsidized phone and trade in an existing phone or pay $200, it winds up being essentially an $850 upfront payment. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan on AT&T. I'm sure Sprint would mark the "half off" from my price before corporate discounts, which is $75/month. That would make it $37.50, or about $50 with taxes and fees. Right now I'm paying AT&T $61 after taxes and my corporate discount. So I'd save $11, maybe $15 if I'm overestimating the taxes, but would need to pay $850 upfront. It would take 5-7 years before it pays off.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast