Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is SERO worth keeping at this point...

Feedback Score
    Good points everyone is making. Everyone who things SERO is no longer a good deal seems to be forgetting about the subsidy.
    I've been on SERO from the start, and everytime I get pissed off at the Sprint network and start pricing out Cricket/Straighttalk/T-mobile, SERO comes out ahead.

Last year I moved up from the Galaxy S3 to the LG G3. Price of the G3 was $200 w/ a new 2 year SERO contract. Sold my Galaxy S3 on ebay for... wait for it.. $200. Bam, free upgrade. When my contract is up again, I'll sell the G3 used, and probably have another zero cost flagship phone, or close to it.

YEP online ESN swap doesn't work, but I've actually had good luck getting my local store to swap between my G3 and Nexus 5 and back when I was playing with Android L. Finally you just have to know some other SERO basics, like buy your phones from the Sprint web site, not from Bestbuy or even a Sprint store.

$50 a month for unlimited minutes / text / data and a subsidized phone? Show me a better deal and I'll switch.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coorsleftfield View Post
    Good points everyone is making. Everyone who things SERO is no longer a good deal seems to be forgetting about the subsidy.
    I've been on SERO from the start, and everytime I get pissed off at the Sprint network and start pricing out Cricket/Straighttalk/T-mobile, SERO comes out ahead.

Last year I moved up from the Galaxy S3 to the LG G3. Price of the G3 was $200 w/ a new 2 year SERO contract. Sold my Galaxy S3 on ebay for... wait for it.. $200. Bam, free upgrade. When my contract is up again, I'll sell the G3 used, and probably have another zero cost flagship phone, or close to it.

YEP online ESN swap doesn't work, but I've actually had good luck getting my local store to swap between my G3 and Nexus 5 and back when I was playing with Android L. Finally you just have to know some other SERO basics, like buy your phones from the Sprint web site, not from Bestbuy or even a Sprint store.

$50 a month for unlimited minutes / text / data and a subsidized phone? Show me a better deal and I'll switch.
    You are forgetting one thing, all that means nothing if the service isn't worth $5 a month in your area. That $50+ a month no longer makes you smile at that point.

Feedback Score
    Obviously if you live in an area where Sprint service is bad, then SERO probably doesn't work for you. I suspect the majority of us still on SERO are here because we live in areas where Sprint has made significant network improvements.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I agree with what's been said about those SERO holdouts-- likely live in a good Sprint market. Here in Eugene Oregon, Sprint is solid for 3G.
    The LTE deployment here (officially launched) is lacking. It's really clear we have many sites that are still 3G only.

A Sprint LTE capable phone here will switch back and forth from 3G to LTE all over town (and I mean in-town where Sprint has good coverage).
    So not the end of the world, but I'd love to see them get LTE on all of their sites once a town has been launched.

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coorsleftfield View Post
    ...you just have to know some other SERO basics, like buy your phones from the Sprint web site, not from Bestbuy or even a Sprint store.
    It's true that Best Buy can't even access SERO accounts. But, I've never had any issues with upgrading at a (corporate) Sprint store. They even matched online discounts for me.
    I even returned a Note 4 (overrated) and got an S5 and a partial refund. Then, Employee Accounts credited me for the $35 restocking fee for the Note 4.

Which reminds me, I do hope that everyone knows that the Employee Accounts (the ONLY people who can access SERO accounts) number is (866) 264-1282. Direct line in, no menu prompts.
    This is NOT for regular accounts.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    SERO works great for me. I've had a plan since 2007 and never had any problem AT ALL doing ESN changes through the online chat. The service where I live (Portland) is fantastic, LTE is blazing and I use around 50GB per month. I'd only change if I had no other option. The salespeople when upgrading are getting pushier every year but I kind of enjoy shutting them down.
    This is not Nam, this is bowling, there are rules.

Feedback Score
    You can upgrade SERO at non-corporate Sprint stores too. The rep just has to process the upgrade, change your plan, and then call national sales support to switch your plan back to SERO.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    You can upgrade SERO at non-corporate Sprint stores too. The rep just has to process the upgrade, change your plan, and then call national sales support to switch your plan back to SERO.
    Really? I thought they lost the ability to add the plans back. I mirrored one years ago, but have been scared of messing with it again for fear of losing the plan for good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GDH View Post
    Really? I thought they lost the ability to add the plans back. I mirrored one years ago, but have been scared of messing with it again for fear of losing the plan for good.
    I upgraded some SERO customers just the other day, and I work indirect. I just had to call national sales support to switch it back.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What are the current requirements and what is the process for transfer of liability (TOL) for SERO's accounts? We're getting ready to switch 4 SERO accounts to Verizon (or maybe AT&T)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paw1 View Post
    What are the current requirements and what is the process for transfer of liability (TOL) for SERO's accounts? We're getting ready to switch 4 SERO accounts to Verizon (or maybe AT&T)
    Transferred just like any other plan. No extra work arounds

Feedback Score
    SERO is really pretty good.

Feedback Score
    yes,i agree with you

Feedback Score
    Is that true?

Feedback Score
    I'm almost in the same boat as oZo except instead of the Note 4/Spark I had a Moto X with the worst reception in the world. Worse than my trusty backup (first SERO device) Palm Centro that I still use when in device limbo.

I've held on to SERO so long because we get subsidized devices. Most of the time I hold onto my sub or sell the phone outright. Needing a replacement for the Moto X I buy a LG G3 used for $250 in mint condition. I'm blown away by the device until I find out it's Spark. I can't do talk and data at the same time which I became spoiled with on the Moto X (when calls worked). Regardless of what anyone says using wifi isn't an alternative. No talk/data caused me an issue twice this week already. Especially when I want to turn wifi off at relatives where there is no need to pay for it with LG's Miracast support and unlimited Sprint data.

Researching and reviewing my options the best choice seems to buy a Note 3 (best dual radio phone) keeping SERO until today where Cricket has really stepped up it's game. Five lines for $100 with 2.5gb of data per line and unlimited minutes that I still have to monitor with SERO (500 min plan). I toughed out Sprint with a Galaxy S3 getting no LTE for over a year....awful 3g speeds. This Spark BS is unbelievable. I finally have access to LTE and absolutely love the Moto X....enough to where I almost bought a second device hoping the reception issue is my model only. It seems Sprint has a lot of issues with the Moto X though. With the LG G3 on Spark out of 50 speed tests done in many locations I'm proud of only 2 results where I would shove it in the face of competitors and say Sprint rocks. Two tests where I'm breaking 20mbps. I know that's not even great but heck...it's something.

Cricket at $35 isn't enough of a savings over SERO if you want a flagship phone, but $20 a month per person on family plan is just too cheap. Only 9 of my speed tests on the G3 would beat out Cricket's speeds. I know Crickets speeds aren't guaranteed and their network has been under fire but it seems no different than the crap shoot I get with Sprint. The $25 Moto G LTE model at Cricket or gently used flagships are probably good enough for me.

I used about 4-9gb per month on Sprint, but that was out of spite for not having 4g for so long. I'd refuse to use my local wifi at home. I'll be fine with the 2.5gb of Cricket data.

A Note 3 used in good condition is around $300. What good is the subsidy if Sprint still wants $200 new. With commitment, tax, and activation if I can't get it waved it equals out.

Just seems like throwing money away. If I stay with Sprint my gut tells me they'll start to eventually throttle SERO users once we get over 5gb's and really start cranking.

From a waning SERO lover can anyone change my mind or agree with my situation?

Sprint, Thanks for the free year!

- Moto e5 cruise (Cricket)
    - AT&T ZTE Mobley

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast