Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 700MHz A-Block site in Long Island (Riverhead, NY) + Galaxy Note 4 ServiceMode stuff

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

700MHz A-Block site in Long Island (Riverhead, NY) + Galaxy Note 4 ServiceMode stuff

Today, Friday November 14th, the very first 700MHz A-Block cell site in New York's Long Island started commercially broadcasting Band 12 LTE in Riverhead, NY to be more specific. This info is coming from my trusted source. About a dozen sites should be deployed this year in Eastern Nassau to Montauk area, accelerating the deployment into the '15. If someone lives in that area, please check it out and post some photos and screenshots!

- They're swapping one existing (shorter) AIR21 antenna with a taller 2.4M AIR21 B4A-B12/5P antenna + B12 RRU per sector at their existing AIR sites.
    - Sites with older APX16 antennas + RRU will be getting an additional taller Andrew antenna + B12 RRU per sector.

This eastern area of Long Island is outside of New York City's Ch. 51 exclusion zone, and we should be expecting much more activity going forward. The construction at any given site in this area is only happening after the backhaul has been secured.

No pictures, just giving the heads up for anyone that lives in the area and is interested in checking this out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition, since T-Mobile Note 4 is one of the few Band 12 capable devices, here is a quick guide on how to scan for Band 12 or 2 LTE:
    I'm taking no responsibility for damaged devices. That said, chance for damaging anything is slim to none...

- To lock the LTE frequency to Band 12 (or Band 2), open phone app and dial: *#2263*
    That gets you to the main screen for Radio Access Technology selection:

- Select [4] LTE Band Preference, followed by [8] LTE B12 (or [2] for Band 2 scanning)

- press the home button to exit the ServiceMode
    - Go to Settings -> Network Connection -> More Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators. This is where you can Manually Scan for the network Operator that's broadcasting Band 12 (or Band 2).
    - If T-Mobile is broadcasting B12/2 in your area, you'll be able to see T-Mobile listed, tap on it, and you should be registered onto the network.

- To observe the basic Frequency Band, Bandwidth, EARFCN, Signal Levels, open Phone app and dial *#0011#

When you're done scanning and testing, the most important part is to return your Note 4 to Automatic frequency selection so that you can continue receiving calls and accessing 2G/3G! To do so:
    - open Phone app and dial again *#2263* -> [8] Automatic

There are many more settings in the ServiceMode, I can spend hours talking about it... This is very basic stuff, and the needed info to hunt for Band 12 and Band 2 LTE.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would love if someone can get me dome screenshots which contain Cell ID on band 12. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Google Pixel XL, Huawei Pixel 6P, Moto Nexus 6, LG Nexus 5, Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully Band 12 will provide better penetration on the South Fork, because right now when I am out in Montauk, indoor service is abysmal. Now they just need to start lighting it up farther west.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile Post-Pay
    Feedback Score
    I look for it in Houston a regular basis but so far nothing. I am on a Note 4
    “The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

― George Orwell

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaisanNYC View Post
    Hopefully Band 12 will provide better penetration on the South Fork, because right now when I am out in Montauk, indoor service is abysmal. Now they just need to start lighting it up farther west.
    This year they're targeting anything from Eastern Nassau, Suffolk all the way to Montauk. I'm guessing they can't go further west because of the Ch. 51 interference NJTV:

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by money69 View Post
    I look for it in Houston a regular basis but so far nothing. I am on a Note 4
    That's awesome, keep an eye on Band 2 if you ever go to rural areas around Houston!
    The great thing about Note 4 is that it allows users to frequency lock onto any given RAT, and it supports every T-Mobile band including Band 12.

It's also fully ready for Carrier Aggregation whenever T-Mobile decides to activate it:

Feedback Score
    How do I get to that screen on s5??

Feedback Score
    I've looked through the service menus even using *#197328640#* and couldn't find a screen that listed ca band combinations. Is it the same screen as this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hellojello123 View Post
    I've looked through the service menus even using *#197328640#* and couldn't find a screen that listed ca band combinations. Is it the same screen as this?
    Your S5 clearly has CA disabled according to your screenshot. So you may wanna figure out how to enable that. Note 4 ships with CA enabled.

To get to the CA screen you're specifically asking for on a T-Mobile Note 4, you'll have to get to the Main ServiceMode menu:

- Dial *#197328640*
    - Use Menu button -> Key Input -> type Q and hit OK
    - Use Menu button -> Key Input -> type 0000 and hit OK
    - Wait up to 10sec
    - You're in.

I don't own or have Note 4 in front of me right now, and don't remember specifically how to navigate to CA combinations, but it should be a few taps away. Was able to get to it on AT&T variant as well.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by milan03; 11-16-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    your s5 clearly has ca disabled according to your screenshot. So you may wanna figure out how to enable that. Note 4 ships with ca enabled.

To get to the ca screen you're specifically asking for on a t-mobile note 4, you'll have to get to the main servicemode menu:

- dial *#197328640*
    - use menu button -> key input -> and type without quotes "q"
    - use menu button -> key input -> and type without quotes "0000"
    - wait up to 10sec
    - you're in.

I don't own or have note 4 in front of me right now, and don't remember specifically how to navigate to ca combinations, but it should be a few taps away. Was able to get to it on at&t variant as well.

Enjoy!
    ue setting & info - > setting -> system -> next page -> next page -> next page -> lte band & ca combination

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremepH View Post
    ue setting & info - > setting -> system -> next page -> next page -> next page -> lte band & ca combination
    Thank you sir!

Feedback Score
    Nothing happens when I type q and hit OK, just sits there

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hellojello123 View Post
    Nothing happens when I type q and hit OK, just sits there
    It's Q . Case sensitive.
    Nothing is suppose to happen until you go back to Key Input and type 0000 and press OK.

Feedback Score
    No band and ca combination option on gs5. Possible its just not suported or turned off by tmo?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is why I wrote this guide specifically for Note 4 T-Mobile users.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast