Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 700MHz A-Block site in Long Island (Riverhead, NY) + Galaxy Note 4 ServiceMode stuff

Feedback Score
    great news! thanks Milan03!

God i cant wait for that NJ 51 Channel to go away. I really need some band12 reception in NYC especially in big office buildings or some train stations. Manhattan could really use it. I think the other boroughs are ok. The westchester area could use it too along the hudson and some putnam valley areas.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think the NJTV license is set to expire 6/1/2015, when they'll either renew or work something out with T-Mobile/FCC. We could certainly use some low band here...
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone had a chance to check out Riverhead site? I know it's out there, just thought someone lives in that vicinity.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    I think the NJTV license is set to expire 6/1/2015, when they'll either renew or work something out with T-Mobile/FCC. We could certainly use some low band here...
    I got the impression that the FCC was no longer issuing licenses for Channel 51 in order to accelerate the A block rollout, and to grease the wheels for the incentive auction. So those stations will have to move to a new channel regardless, if I'm not mistaken.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidney_Thief View Post
    I got the impression that the FCC was no longer issuing licenses for Channel 51 in order to accelerate the A block rollout, and to grease the wheels for the incentive auction. So those stations will have to move to a new channel regardless, if I'm not mistaken.
    They no longer issue licenses for new applicants but they renew the current licenses. A block is available over 90% of the US area that where the FCC wants it to be used.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, this is what the at&t variant shows

It also states lte release 10; CA enabled.
    Wcdma shows rel 8 dc hsdpa enabled. There is a setting for rel 9 dc hsupa as well but not selected.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Thats correct, however the FCC doesn't allow renewals on Ch 51 anymore. All renewed licenses for full power TV stations will be assigned to new channels and WNJN in particular is moving to Ch 50 as insturcted to do so in order to resume operations.

What T-Mobile can do now is to start is upgrading the network now or early next year to deploy Band 12 so they can turn it on at exactly 0000 hrs on June 15, 2015 or persuade WNJN make the cut over to Ch 50 soon.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Thats correct, however the FCC doesn't allow renewals on Ch 51 anymore.
    They do. See for example recently renewed KCEB license

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Space Grey 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Powertron View Post
    What?! Since when! I thought the FCC was pretty strict with this....Another fricken oil spill in the sea of 700a spectrum > someone else chime in! Milan?
    -I use http://www.wirelessadvisor.com/ to find out which providers own which licenses based on ZIP code in the US. Not a direct indicator of service but helps.
    -Radio on the Computer: http://specmap.sequence-omega.net/ an awesome map of the US that shows spectrum holdings of providers in a visual sense. Check it out!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Powertron View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post
    What?! Since when! I thought the FCC was pretty strict with this....Another fricken oil spill in the sea of 700a spectrum > someone else chime in! Milan?
    That's because some TV stations own virtual channels above 51 so putting the new RF channel above 51 actually makes the situation much worse for T-Mobile (and quite possibly AT&T on the Lower B band) than if the TV station remained on Ch 51 or there's no where to go (at least for now). I think there's only one license where license areas overlap, but I don't think this will concern T-Mobile too much.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 11-24-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Lots of information about channel 51 in "Requests for Waiver and Extension of Lower 700 MHz Band Interim Construction Benchmark Deadlines." Nowhere do they mention TV license expiration as a solution for any station. There is a section called "Clearing Channel 51." It ends with

Although it is likely that Channel 51 clearing issues in connection with the Incentive Auctions proceeding will not be resolved and fully implemented for several years, we note that all of the band plans in the Incentive Auctions NPRM and record propose to clear Channel 51, and that the Incentive Auctions NPRM seeks comment on the appropriate length of time for television stations to move channels or cease broadcasting after the completion of the incentive auction.
    In other words the FCC hopes the auction will be successful and that will clear channel 51 otherwise ... well they don't have a plan for that (yet). I hope the auction will be successful and the FCC will schedule channel 51 stations to be the first to relocate.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    First reports from Band 12 in Houston, with an interesting discussion going over at reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comm...nd_accessible/

If someone in Houston is using Note 4, please test!

Device(s)
    Tmobile Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know or think the Central part Connecticut, around the surronding Hartford area will get some band 12 love, or are we just too close to NYC, and Providence, RI Channel 51 stations.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
    Does anyone know or think the Central part Connecticut, around the surronding Hartford area will get some band 12 love, or are we just too close to NYC, and Providence, RI Channel 51 stations.
    Check this site.

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your S5 clearly has CA disabled according to your screenshot. So you may wanna figure out how to enable that. Note 4 ships with CA enabled.

To get to the CA screen you're specifically asking for on a T-Mobile Note 4, you'll have to get to the Main ServiceMode menu:

- Dial *#197328640*
    - Use Menu button -> Key Input -> type Q and hit OK
    - Use Menu button -> Key Input -> type 0000 and hit OK
    - Wait up to 10sec
    - You're in.

I don't own or have Note 4 in front of me right now, and don't remember specifically how to navigate to CA combinations, but it should be a few taps away. Was able to get to it on AT&T variant as well.

Enjoy!
    milan03,

Greetings.

Would it be more straight-forward to get to the root Main Menu with *#27663368378# ?
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast