Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phones supported on sprint

Feedback Score

Phones supported on sprint

HI All,

I have a basic question, if i buy a unlocked phone how do i get to know what bands to look out for to be supported in sprint.
    gsm arena htc one m8 description gives some bands.
    or else i am buying unlocked 5s from apple store.

Feedback Score
    Very rare you can use an unlocked device on sprint, as they generally require the device to be in their system for it to be activated. Only phones I know can be activated on sprint that are unlocked are the nexus 5, and possibly the nexus 6.

Apple iPhone 5s is a no go when buying unlocked, as it is the gsm version of the phone that will only work on at&t or T-Mobile.

Also, if you are interested in unlocked phones and possibly switching carriers often, its a bad idea to get a sprint branded device. As they will only unlock your device, even if paid in full/contract obligations fullfilled, for international use. No domestic Sims allowed.

Feedback Score
    But to the original question, sprint uses band 2 (1900 MHz) for voice and 3g. Band 25 (1900mhz g block) for LTE. Band 26 (~800 mhz) for LTE and voice. Band 41 for lte

Feedback Score
    When my friend went to the store and asked he said he can do it, he just needs the IMEI number. He said that the only phones which didnt work are nexus 6 it seems.

Feedback Score
    So the bands if they are there like in samsung galaxy note or s4 or s5 we can buy those phones right ....

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    As far as I know, the only unlocked phone that works on Sprint is a Nexus 5.

Feedback Score

sprint working or not

Quote Originally Posted by JDubTrey View Post
    As far as I know, the only unlocked phone that works on Sprint is a Nexus 5.
    so all other phones wont work?
    like sony , moto x ?
    What do you suggest should i get the phone to them and check with them if it works or not?

Feedback Score
    If you see the apple support
    Model number on the back cover:

A1533 or A1457 or A1530: iPhone 5s (GSM model)
    A1533 or A1453: iPhone 5s (CDMA model)
    A1518 or A1528 or A1530: iPhone 5s (GSM model China)
    More details: The front is flat and made of glass. The back is anodized aluminum. The Home button contains Touch ID. There's a True Tone LED flash on the back and a SIM tray on the right side that holds a "fourth form factor" (4FF) or nano-SIM card. The IMEI is etched on the back cover.

from apple store
    f you buy iPhone for T-Mobile, it will arrive with a nano-SIM card already installed that you can activate by visiting an Apple Retail Store or a T-Mobile store or by calling T-Mobile. If you buy a SIM-free iPhone, you will need to purchase a GSM-compatible nano-SIM card separately. In the United States, you can purchase such a SIM from AT&T or T-Mobile. When you travel internationally, you can use a nano-SIM card for iPhone 5s from a local GSM carrier. The unlocked iPhone 5s model is A1533 (GSM). For details on 4G LTE support, see

they give out the 1533 so it has cdma which can be used by sprint i think then.....

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amby_1986 View Post
    so all other phones wont work?
    like sony , moto x ?
    What do you suggest should i get the phone to them and check with them if it works or not?
    Sprint has a list of ESNs that they will activate. The only unlocked smartphone ESNs in that list are one from Nexus 5s (as far as I know).

I don't know whether the Nexus 6 will follow that same pattern.

..but sure, if you can get the ESN of the phone you have (or are about to buy) call Sprint and ask if the ESN is available for activation.

Feedback Score
    When my friend visited the store in Arizona they said they can activate the iPhone 5s which was unlocked brought from apple store which is the model which is had keyed in before.
    I am getting confused if I buy a unlocked phone like motox or Samsung galaxy note or samsung s series so they won't work on sprint.

Feedback Score
    I have a blackberry z10 unlocked one ican I use it on sprint

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Simple answer for you.

No, unless a phone is a sprint branded phone it will not work. No "unlocked" phone will work.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Please don't think that i am arguing, so its waste of time buying an unlocked phone and going to them for activation?
    Some stores say that if you have the CDMA one it should work some say it cannot if you get unlocked.
    I want to buy a unlocked device whats your recomendation which might work on sprint ?

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    There is no such things as a "unlocked" CDMA phone. CDMA phones by default are locked to the network they are sold to work on.

When you see a "unlocked" CDMA phone it means the GSM side is unlocked.

Sprint keeps a master list of phones that are usable on there network. If the phone was not originally sold by them(with very very few exceptions) the phone will not work.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    oh ok, what are the exceptions apart from nexus 5?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast