Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T-Mobile USA Vodafone buyout

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile USA Vodafone buyout

Quote Originally Posted by jarvismj View Post
    Off topic but if TMO is going to be bought out, has anyone considered Telefonica / O2? When I travel they are the cheapest for prepaid tariffs plus they have presence in Europe and in South America. The service is better than Vodafone for what it's worth when I have used Vodafone.
    You've found Movistar and O2 to be more reliable than Vodafone? When I was in Mexico my phone roamed on Movistar and it didn't have signal anywhere, but when I went to Europe Vodafone was always available for me to select. I know those are vastly different markets, but I was most certainly able to find Vodafone traveling Europe more than I was ever able to find Movistar in Mexico

via the HoFo App
    Last edited by teedawgg; 11-04-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10, LG G2, Nokia N9, LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score
    Vodafone just left the US market and has been refocusing its core operations. They will no be re-entering the US wireless market anytime soon.
    One thing that people seem to forget is that T-Mobile US makes up about 30% of DT's wireless subs worldwide, so selling it would have to be a very drastic move where they would reap a vast amount of reward.

Quote Originally Posted by jarvismj View Post
    Off topic but if TMO is going to be bought out, has anyone considered Telefonica / O2? When I travel they are the cheapest for prepaid tariffs plus they have presence in Europe and in South America. The service is better than Vodafone for what it's worth when I have used Vodafone.
    Telefonica is in absolutely no financial position to consider purchasing T-Mobile US at this point.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
    One thing that people seem to forget is that T-Mobile US makes up about 30% of DT's wireless subs worldwide, so selling it would have to be a very drastic move where they would reap a vast amount of reward.
    Hopefully DT will realize that fact and quietly drop the notion of selling or at least adjust the price upwards accordingly.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think it looks like t-mobile will not be sold after all DT told the french company to buzzoff and they did. Maybe DT saw how much money vdaphone had made on verizon. Both companies invested 30 billion and one company made 130 billion on sale and other been milking t-mobile profits for years.

Feedback Score
    Funny this subject coming up. I was just recently cleaning out some old stuff and came across my old Nokia N95 8GB phone that I brought with to the USA back in 2007.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I would bet that Vodafone would not be even remotely interested in T-Mobile USA until at least all the network modernization is done.

Once that's complete is about the time i'd suspect to have an offer put in if any. I personally wouldnt mind it as i think it would be an interesting twist for sure.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile USA Vodafone buyout

Vodafone gave up on the Americas along time ago. I don't see them reinvesting in the Americas and starting with the U.S.

They would hit Latin America first. Bigger growth market.

They saw how much money Deutsche Telekom has threw at the U.S and Vodafone won't make the same mistake.

via the HoFo App
    Last edited by speer320; 11-09-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speer320 View Post
    They saw how much money Deutsche Telekom has threw at the U.S and won't make the same mistake.

via the HoFo App
    Threw at the US or threw at T-Mobile? Vodafone probably made most of their profits from Verizon wireless, don't forget that.

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Threw at the US or threw at T-Mobile? Vodafone probably made most of their profits from Verizon wireless, don't forget that.
    At t-mobile.

Vodafone did make profit on Verizon. But day to day they had very little involvement. I don't see them wanting to be involved in day to day operations.

via the HoFo App

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2