Page 267 of 268 FirstFirst ... 167 217 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4009

Thread: OFFICIAL: LG Ultimate 2 (LG L41C) reviews!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Verizon's shutdown of 3G (CDMA) is scheduled for years end, but if a tower goes down they will not repair it, rather they will switch to VoLTE (Voice over LTE) immediately. Do not let your U2 run out of days, for once it de-activates Verizon will not allow Tracfone to re-activate it.
    A new Tracfone on Verizon will also activate with VVM (Visual Voice Mail) rather than the Voicemail you are accustomed to, and you will have to set it up.

When you say Moto GX, does the X represent a number such as G6, G7 or the newest model G8?
    They have much bigger screens than your 4.5" U2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    A new Tracfone on Verizon will also activate with VVM (Visual Voice Mail) rather than the Voicemail you are accustomed to, and you will have to set it up.
    Not sure what I had to set up for VVM at the last activation, as it was an unlocked BYOP phone that did not have a VVM app like most Tracfone model have. Voicemail is important to me, and VVM has made it so much easier than the old dialing menu system.

Also there is the benefit of VoLTE and HD Voice. Can make a big difference in signal and voice audio quality. So far HD Voice only works on calls to others running on Verizon.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate all the feedback regarding my situation.

Since I am essentially coasting in 2020 - having more than enough talk and text balances to see me through Apr 2021 (when my service expires) - I would really be annoyed to find my service deactivated suddenly when 3G is terminated.

I don't visit tracfone.com often since I am such a light user. I've tried to visit these last two days only to encounter https://www.tracfone.com/server_error.html as the site remains under perpetual "Maintenance." If I can purchase talk and text separately at $0.02 and $0.01 each, respectively, that would be an improvement over the deals I've used over the years to obtain minutes for < $0.03 using a combination of TMFL + non smartphone airtime card + XXX minute bonus code.

I primarily use my phone for outgoing-only purposes - all incoming communications are strictly through Google Voice (GV) (and I'm not confident if TracFone deducts minutes and texts from my balances when I receive GV forwarded calls/texts, but I've never had a cause to investigate the relationship. I don't use much/mo - and have no interest in data whatsoever. Being a simple person, I'm just happy with a phone that is simple to operate, offers long battery life, and has an average camera. With no data, I naturally don't use apps (including Google HangOuts).

Forgive me, but Moto GX is not a specific model, the "X" indeed is a placeholder for "any G-model." When it came time for replacing my LG U2, a Moto GX is what I am considering, but I would be happy with ANY phone that meets my modest expectations.

Given time yesterday to research, I have narrowed my focus to three providers: TracFone, Tello Wireless, and TextNow. As a whole, Tello Wireless's $5/mo for unlimited talk and text beats anything airtime combination I can come up with on TracFone; however, if what loboheeler states is true for all ("If transferring service from a TMFL phone you may still may get TMFL on the new phone.), I'd be content porting my current tracfone account onto another tracfone available on HSN or ebay. If GV integrates nicely with TextNow, I'd be a fool not to choose it - talk and text is free (supported by infrequent ads).

FWIW: I was able to fix my GV issue. Don't ever activate "Call Screening" - it terminates a phone call and is treated as a voice message. Don't think that was the intent...

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I've had GV Call Screening working on my GV service for probably 10 years now. I just like the extra barrier it provides in ID-ing incoming calls.

What it should be doing is making the live incoming caller speak their name (if it's the first time they've ever called, and they are not in your Google Contacts list, which is hopefully synced with your phone), which is then transmitted to you audibly when you when you answer, allowing you to then either accept (press 1) or decline the call (ignore or press another number, maybe 2). If declined, THEN the incoming call should be shunted to voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon960 View Post
    Forgive me, but Moto GX is not a specific model, the "X" indeed is a placeholder for "any G-model." When it came time for replacing my LG U2, a Moto GX is what I am considering, but I would be happy with ANY phone that meets my modest expectations.
    Yes, you have very modest needs. Phone size might be an important consideration. The Moto models have fairly large screens. G6 5.7", G7 6.2", E5 5.7", E6 5.5". The only thing under 5" is the 4.5" LG Rebel 4, which the same as your U2.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon960 View Post
    When it came time for replacing my LG U2, a Moto Gx is what I am considering, but I would be happy with ANY phone that meets my modest expectations.
    If you want to minimize costs, you can get a refurbished LG Rebel 4 on TF web site for $9.99: Refurbished Phones on TF web site .

Add a $20 unlimited talk/text/1GB/30-day card to the Cart. Use code 60274 to knock $15 off, bringing the total cost to $14.99 plus taxes (2-day FedEx shipping is FREE). When you receive the phone, use Chat and ask a rep to activate the Rebel 4 with a transfer from your U2. Once everything is working fine, you can redeem the $20 card and have unlimited talk/text/1GB for 30 days. After 30 days, it reverts back to using your existing balance. You can also keep the $20 card around and use it whenever you expect to have a period of high usage.

Refurbished phones from TF are usually in excellent condition, can't really tell them from brand-new ones.

Feedback Score
    What you state seems logical, whacker, except instead of being transmitted to me after a caller identifies themselves, the phone is automatically going to voicemail instead - contact or not. Just odd.

I appreciate your phone details, loboheeler, and frugal thinking, hpham. I will look more closely into the LG Rebel 4. Refurbished or not, all I care is that the phone works (and isn't difficult to navigate).

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You can also check the overall value on a New LG Rebel 4 (5" screen) bundle, available from both HSN and QVC for $50. Both ship free.
    Bundled airtime is 1500/1500/1500/365 days.
    The LG Rebel 4 operates a lot more like the LG U2 than a different brand would, making adjusting to it easier.
    Note that the on/off button is on the rear under the camera lens, while the volume is still on the top left side like the U2.
    https://www.hsn.com/products/lg-rebe...xtdata/9243351
    https://www.qvc.com/Tracfone-LG-Rebe...3.html?sc=SRCH

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @Solomon960:

Regarding GV Call Screening and you saying the call is treated as a voice message, is it ending up as a saved voicemail in GV or in the carrier/native VM service?

Device(s)
    LG LML212VL
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have the LG Rebel 4 LML212VL model CDMA. My wife and I have same models of LG Tracfone. I managed to get my "End Date" of service (not minutes) up until the year 2060. Phone for life since I was born in 1953 and doubt I'll have to renew it in 2060. I'll probably have to buy some more minutes sometime as I have about 231 min left... which will probably push the service date into 2061.

Really like the phone. Does all and more than I need it to do. I remember when I was an Amway distributor back in the early 1980s we were signing up people for MCI long distance. 10 cent/ minute rate, and that was pretty cheap compared to the 15 and above cents per minutes. I even remember in mid 1975 a friend of mine had a "bag phone" cellular phone that he was charged in the $ amount per minute. You did not talk long on that thing. Many years ago phone service for me was a large monthly expense. Wife and I use Google Hangouts and in using our Wi-Fi we bypass the subtracting of minutes of our service. It's free. Only drawback is connected to a Wi-Fi internet connection, so you can't use this in the back 40 acres only around internet service. But we have made a lot of phone calls using that. Only wish there was a way it would use my contacts list for reference when I try to dial a number. Or, have it's own contact list.
    I was born with nothing and have managed to keep most of it.
    When I was a kid rocks were soft and dirt was new.

LG Rebel 4(current house phone) -> LG Rebel 4(my pack along)

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    I have the LG Rebel 4 LML212VL model CDMA. My wife and I have same models of LG Tracfone. I managed to get my "End Date" of service (not minutes) up until the year 2060. Phone for life since I was born in 1953 and doubt I'll have to renew it in 2060. I'll probably have to buy some more minutes sometime as I have about 231 min left... which will probably push the service date into 2061 .
    You can go to TF web site and buy the add-on 500 minutes for $10, without additional service days which you obviously don't need.

Wife and I use Google Hangouts and in using our Wi-Fi we bypass the subtracting of minutes of our service. It's free. Only drawback is connected to a Wi-Fi internet connection, so you can't use this in the back 40 acres only around internet service. But we have made a lot of phone calls using that. Only wish there was a way it would use my contacts list for reference when I try to dial a number. Or, have it's own contact list.
    Do you have your contacts stored on Google? I can make calls from GV/Hangouts using my Google contact list.

Device(s)
    LG LML212VL
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for that !! I'll check out the "add minutes at Tracfone sometime. I try to minimize my use of Google altogether. I don't trust Google as I think they are invasive and tracking. Just my opinion. So don't have a Google contacts list/address. Just wish the Google Hangout's Dialer had i'ts "own" onboard address/contact list, or could just use the contact list I already have.

Nice seeing you Hpham.

Feedback Score
    vljenewein, do you have a will? That service date to 2060 might be an awesome inheritance for someone, someday, a long, long time from now!!!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    vljenewein, do you have a will? That service date to 2060 might be an awesome inheritance for someone, someday, a long, long time from now!!!
    One of my phones has 2036 exp date. I though that was good, but his beats mine by 24 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    @Solomon960:

Regarding GV Call Screening and you saying the call is treated as a voice message, is it ending up as a saved voicemail in GV or in the carrier/native VM service?
    Both missed call and text voice message transcripts indicators appeared on my phone and GV computer interfaces...yet my phone did not ring or vibrate when the callers called.

Page 267 of 268 FirstFirst ... 167 217 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 LastLast