Thread: Beware of sprint ripoff! After you open a account with them !

Feedback Score

Angry Beware of sprint ripoff! After you open a account with them !

This is a letter I recently sent to sprint concerning a change they added to my account six months after I opened the account with them! FYI

To whom it may concern,

On March 26 2014 I purchased a new Galaxy S 4 cell phone from Sprint online for $52.99, and also on that date i enrolled in your monthly plan for unlimited service in the amount of $50 a month Plus $20 a month for your service and data plan. For a total cost to me of $70 per month plus applicable taxes. of which I agreed to with your representative online and I asked him on more then one occasion to confirm that my total cost would be the $70 a month plus tax in which he confirmed more than once. From April through and including August 2014 my billing was fine. Then for my September billing I get a bill for $99.36 this prompted me to call Sprint to find out why the sudden change after having my service for a period of five months at the cost that I had originally agreed to and expected to pay as well as did pay on time I may add. I called your service representatives on August 18th 2014 and initially spoke with ISA I had her look up my account for initially I thought this was a mistake, she informed me that a plan had been added to my account that was going to cost me additional money each month unless I agreed to have the billing automatically deducted from my account each month. I told her that was unacceptable and not going to happen and that I would continue to pay online at my discretion as I have in the past and she told me she couldn't do anything about it so I asked her to speak with her supervisor she transferred me to a Kimberly in which I explained again the problem and I got the same answer from her so I asked to speak with her supervisor in which she transferred me to Daniel another supervisor, again I explained the problem with the account he also told me he couldn't do anything and he would transfer me to his supervisor so he transferred me to a Jasmine supervisor of the credit department. Again I explained my problem to her and made them aware of the fact that Sprint violated their contract with me having changed the amount of my bill five months after I had your service and told her that if this account wasn't reverted back to what I originally agreed to then to cancel my service effective September 3 for I was paid up in full to that date, I would return the tower that sprint sent to me so that I could get a signal here in my home and I would return the galaxy cell phone once Sprint had reimbursed me for $52.99 and the $36 connection fee that I originally paid to start this account.

A couple of days ago I received a letter from Sprint dated August 29 2014 thanking me for applying for Sprint service, explaining this program called account spending limit. Five months after I've had your service you send me this letter explaining about the additional charge, quite honestly this is a very poor and deceitful way of doing business had I known back in March when I was inquiring on your services that's this charge was there I never would have opened an account with you period. This business relationship with you has been nothing but problems from day one starting with no Sprint signal here in my home I should have known better back then. The initial increase for September is a 20% increase and then 12% more per month from our original agreement, I am disabled and living on a fixed income therefore I am very careful as to what my monthly expenditures are and this increase was not factored into my budget and more importantly it is a matter of principle. I firmly believe that this letter I just received was sent out only because I complained about the increased billing and made it clear that this charge was never told to me and I would be canceling my account, this is Sprints way of trying to cover their mistake.

In summary the tower that you supplied me free of charge will be returned to a sprint store locally within the next few days, it has been disconnected as of September 3 2014 serial number 13517001318. And as I previously mentioned the galaxy phone will be returned once I have been refunded the total of $86.99 this phone also has been turned off and the battery removed as of September 3. I expect in writing from Sprint within the next 30 days confirmation that they will reimburse me my initial costs and that the contract has been terminated without cause and will have no reflection on my credit rating. If I don't hear within the 30 days I will try and sell the cell phone to recoup some or hopefully all of my initial expense.

A number of years ago I had sprint service for years and never had an issue such as this, in fact if you look at my old account you will see that the account was always kept current and when I left Sprint it was on good terms. I have to say that if this is now the normal way of treating your customers, then I will have to say your company has lost its way.

I will wait for the 30 days that I agreed to before anything is done with the cell phone, however let it be known that if Sprint does not do what's right this letter will find its way to every social media that I can find and will be posted accordingly.”GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY”

Sincerely,

Louis j Spaccio

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't hold your breath...angry letters with threats don't generally get much action.

Feedback Score
    Your probably right but it makes me feel better, and maybe save someone else from experiencing the same as me !

Feedback Score
    First in. WOT = did not read.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    did something maybe change that you got hit with the ASL after the fact (bad credit, collection, missed payments, add a line, etc) that might have triggered this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ekz13 View Post
    did something maybe change that you got hit with the ASL after the fact (bad credit, collection, missed payments, add a line, etc) that might have triggered this?
    Not a thing, all payments I made online and on or before the due date.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They did the same thing to me, it didn't take months to get the letter, but it did come in after the period I could cancel without ETF. It mentioned the fee but I wasn't charged it for months. Then when they started charging it I called in and their credit department told me that they have no idea why I was put on a spending limit but STILL refused to remove it.

I just have the auto pay going to an empty bank account. Jokes on them if they try to pull any money.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    More reasons that Sprint is unable to manage themselves. I'm sorry to see this happen to you, Louis. Very poor customers service and an undue burden put on you, with on explanation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snakester View Post
    They did the same thing to me, it didn't take months to get the letter, but it did come in after the period I could cancel without ETF. It mentioned the fee but I wasn't charged it for months. Then when they started charging it I called in and their credit department told me that they have no idea why I was put on a spending limit but STILL refused to remove it.

I just have the auto pay going to an empty bank account. Jokes on them if they try to pull any money.
    Piss poor way of doing business I'd say ! I had my own company all my life and if I did this to my customers it would have been over years ago ! I'll keep you all updated !

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Spaccio View Post
    Piss poor way of doing business I'd say ! I had my own company all my life and if I did this to my customers it would have been over years ago ! I'll keep you all updated !
    Tell me about it. The lady was nice enough but she said her supervisor wouldn't approve it and said supervisor also refused to talk to me.

She said on her end I appeared to be in their top credit class.

Sounds like you got it a lot worse than I did though. I probably would have dropped them between this and the customer unfriendly change they made to their roaming policy but unfortunately they're the only carrier that works at my desk at work.