Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: At&t now doubling the 10gb bucket for family share plans free of charge!

Device(s)
    5s/Mega 6.3/nokia 521
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

At&t now doubling the 10gb bucket for family share plans free of charge!

I thought this needed it's own thread since it's only available for the next 10 days.

If you are on the family share 10 gb data bucket plan for $100 and you felt left out since you were the only level in that bunch to not get free double data as a promo, you can now call and ask for it. As a courtesy to their customers they are now including that level as well. This info courtesy of vvslavavv.

If you don't get it from regular customer service ask for retentions, and they will do it for you. My retentions csr knew exactly what I was talking about and did not call it a courtesy, but included it as "the" promo that was being offered as well.

More info about it on this thread- Remember- you need to do this by Oct 31st, 2014.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hare-customers!
    Last edited by sashusmom; 10-21-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back up is when you screw up!

It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank-you.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Yup! Got my data doubled to 20GB through retentions as well.

Device(s)
    Samung S9 Plus Factory unlocked OnePlus 6T Galaxy tab A GSM
    Carrier(s)
    TMOBILE USA ,ORANGE SPAIN
    Feedback Score
    Just got of the phone with ATT if you call customer service they have no idea on the doubling you have to call retention's and advise them that you are ready to jump ship to Sprint since they offer 20G for 100.00 and they (ATT) instantaneously doubled the 10G to 20 G with out a problem.... A text message was sent to my phone advising of the change and my online account also reflects the doubling

Device(s)
    5s/Mega 6.3/nokia 521
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Threatening to leave is really not necessary. They will do it as a customer courtesy. They know all the deals they are up against. Just ask nicely and it is not a problem to change you to 20gb for the same $ as your 10gb.

Feedback Score
    Can someone comment as to whether one can go to one of the double data plans, and still use the 2yr upgrade with subsidized handset?

Device(s)
    iPhone X (Verizon), Pixel 2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Houston Cellular/Cingular/At&t - (2000-2018) T-Mobile (2018-present, VZW (2011-present)
    Feedback Score
    That is still possible. I have done it on one of my lines.

Device(s)
    ATT Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    If one has already upgraded to the 30 can they still go back to the 10 to get the 20?

EDIT: yes. i was still able to get the 20 gig.
    Last edited by gammite; 10-21-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gammite View Post
    If one has already upgraded to the 30 can they still go back to the 10 to get the 20?

EDIT: yes. i was still able to get the 20 gig.
    Yes. I did today.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone X (Verizon), Pixel 2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Houston Cellular/Cingular/At&t - (2000-2018) T-Mobile (2018-present, VZW (2011-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Yes. I did today.

via the HoFo App
    Same here. It was a quick and painless call to retentions.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm keeping my 30GB promo plan. AT&T's website says once the promo ends that we'll have to pay standard rates if we ever change plans.

I anticipate that my data usage will continue to go up and up in the coming year. I've already used 19GB's of data on my line alone and I still have 7 days left in my billing cycle.

I use the mobile HotSpot feature a lot. I find my LTE speeds/connection is better than most hotel Wi-Fi connections when I travel and I tend to use several GB's at once every few weeks.

I could be totally wrong and AT&T might have their hands forced to be even more data generous next year due to increased competition. Let's hope so. Maybe I have nothing to worry about?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
    I'm keeping my 30GB promo plan. AT&T's website says once the promo ends that we'll have to pay standard rates if we ever change plans.

I anticipate that my data usage will continue to go up and up in the coming year. I've already used 19GB's of data on my line alone and I still have 7 days left in my billing cycle.

I use the mobile HotSpot feature a lot. I find my LTE speeds/connection is better than most hotel Wi-Fi connections when I travel and I tend to use several GB's at once every few weeks.

I could be totally wrong and AT&T might have their hands forced to be even more data generous next year due to increased competition. Let's hope so. Maybe I have nothing to worry about?
    WRONG!

Once the promo ends, you can keep your 30GB plan, forever. If you were to switch to the 10GB (20GB) for $100 you can keep that forever, too. You just won't be able to switch it to another promo plan after Oct. 31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    WRONG!

Once the promo ends, you can keep your 30GB plan, forever. If you were to switch to the 10GB (20GB) for $100 you can keep that forever, too. You just won't be able to switch it to another promo plan after Oct. 31.
    You read what was said completely WRONG.

S/he was saying exactly what you just said. They plan on keeping the plan so they are sort of future proofing by going for the higher limit 15/30 now. After Oct 31, if AT&T doesn't extend this promo, you cannot change your bucket allotment and keep the double data promotion.

So actually the post was RIGHT. Lol.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    ATT Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    i really think that there will be much more lucrative deals happening soon. i don't understand why they have a cut off date other than to get some money up to report to wall street.

there have been more moves on the data front in this year alone than in all my years in wireless previous. i see more big changes coming soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gammite View Post
    i really think that there will be much more lucrative deals happening soon. i don't understand why they have a cut off date other than to get some money up to report to wall street.

there have been more moves on the data front in this year alone than in all my years in wireless previous. i see more big changes coming soon.
    Wholeheartedly agree. I think the promo tag and expiration date makes people act quickly and they know that. If they permanently implement the changes people tend to react more slowly as they don't have an end date to make a decision by.

With the price of mobile data continuing to drop price changes are definitely in our future, so although these plans are great expect more changes. One of the many reasons why I'm not rushing to jump-ship back to one of these Verizon unlimited data plans now that they've flooded the market.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coorey View Post
    You read what was said completely WRONG.

S/he was saying exactly what you just said. They plan on keeping the plan so they are sort of future proofing by going for the higher limit 15/30 now. After Oct 31, if AT&T doesn't extend this promo, you cannot change your bucket allotment and keep the double data promotion.

So actually the post was RIGHT. Lol.

via the HoFo App
    Correct!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast