Thread: Is Next right for me?

Feedback Score

Is Next right for me?

Is the Next plan right for me?

I currently pay $190/month for three lines (two iPhone 4s and one iPhone 5) and 6 GB shared data.
    The $190 is the final cost per month that I pay, it includes all the taxes and includes an 18% corporate discount I get because my company has an AT&T contract.

All phones are eligible for upgrades - any idea what my bill will be if I upgrade all phones to iPhone 6’s on the Next plan?

I have always been on 2 year contracts and so far have never sold a phone when upgrading in the past.

Secondary question - is there a site where people simply list their plans and what they pay?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandy35 View Post
    Is the Next plan right for me?

I currently pay $190/month for three lines (two iPhone 4s and one iPhone 5) and 6 GB shared data.
    The $190 is the final cost per month that I pay, it includes all the taxes and includes an 18% corporate discount I get because my company has an AT&T contract.

All phones are eligible for upgrades - any idea what my bill will be if I upgrade all phones to iPhone 6’s on the Next plan?

I have always been on 2 year contracts and so far have never sold a phone when upgrading in the past.

Secondary question - is there a site where people simply list their plans and what they pay?
    It tells you when you choose the phones what the various options for pricing is. Simply pick the phones you want and the plan you intend to have. They spell out the entire monthly costs minus taxes and fees when you get to the checkout portion of the process...... Then with a bit of simple math, you can approximate your costs including taxes and fees. Just look at your current bill and do the math to come up w/a reasonable guesstimate of your taxes and fees as a percentage.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    why in the world are you on the 6gb mobile share plan???? you jump up to the 10gb plan then it will be cheaper. Im on that one with 3 lines and it comes to $149/mo after taxes and FAN. I have compared the 2yr contract way vs the NEXT plan way and its cheaper going the NEXT way.

BUt if you stay on the 6gb plan then it comes pretty much the same cost over 2 yrs.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Next is just a way to purchase new telephones. The amount you pay is determined by the total costs of the devices and the lengths of the installment payments. The service plan for voice, messaging and data is a separate payment. The access charge per device is influenced by the amount of data you select and whether telephones are purchased outright, bought outside of the carrier or financed through Next. For example, getting ten gigabytes of data and having no contracts on your existing telephones will reduce your device access charges to $15 per device per month.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    NOKIA Lumia 1520, NOKIA Lumia 920 (wife's phone, NOW)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberman View Post
    why in the world are you on the 6gb mobile share plan???? you jump up to the 10gb plan then it will be cheaper. Im on that one with 3 lines and it comes to $149/mo after taxes and FAN. I have compared the 2yr contract way vs the NEXT plan way and its cheaper going the NEXT way.

BUt if you stay on the 6gb plan then it comes pretty much the same cost over 2 yrs.
    Have to agree - the 6GB plan costs $140 per month (pre tax)
    the 10GB plan costs $127 per month (pre tax) - you get more for less. I'm on 10GB w 3 phones & my monthly bill is $142 including tax.
    This factors in the discount, I get the same 18% off the data.

IF you took a subsidy - the 6GB plan goes UP by $45 per month (3 x $15 per month). This MAY be the way to go for the next 24 months.
    IF you took a subsidy - the 10GB plan goes UP by $75 per month (3 x $25 per month), BUT you'd pay MORE for a sub'd device on this plan, than NEXT.

IF you're going NEXT, go w the 10GB plan + three phones ($650 per ?) / 24 months of payments for the phones. ( ~~ $82 month for phones).
    However, if you're going to go NEXT, look into getting unlocked phones directly from Apple (I believe they have some special 0% financing) NOT AT&T locked phones purchased from AT&T. They (ultimately) have more resale value.

You can reset your phones (after you get the iPhone 6) & sell (or trade in) those devices for ~~ $200 - $300 per depending upon device & condition. AT&T is offering trade in value for old iPhones, also (should you decide to get them thru AT&T) for a limited time.
    informed/intelligent comments are welcome ... BS - not so much ...

peace,
    ROK

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    So Assuming you are all getting iPhone 6 16gb
    It is cheaper to move to 10GB
    from
    http://myattrpc.com/

MSVP 6GB

$80 Base plan
    +
    $52.09 per line ($25 Line charge+27.09 Installment per month)*3=156.27
    -$14.40(18% FAN Discount)

Total
    $221.87+taxes

MSVP 10GB

$100 base plan
    +
    $42.09 per line ($15 Line charge+27.09 Installment per month)*3=126.67
    -$18(18% FAN Discount)

Total
    $208.27+taxes

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    On the 10gb plan for me and upgrading 2 of the 3lines. It would be cheaper monthly by doing a 2yr contract but the overall cost with paying the $40 upgrade fee and the $199/$299 phone price makes it more expensive in the 24 month time frame.

Device(s)
    NOKIA Lumia 1520, NOKIA Lumia 920 (wife's phone, NOW)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberman View Post
    On the 10gb plan for me and upgrading 2 of the 3lines. It would be cheaper monthly by doing a 2yr contract but the overall cost with paying the $40 upgrade fee and the $199/$299 phone price makes it more expensive in the 24 month time frame.
    OF COURSE it does :
    - subsidized iPhone 6 (16GB) = $199. + $40(upgrade fee) + $600 (24 months * $25.) = $839. + tax
    - NEXT iPhone 6 (16GB) = $650 / 20 (or 24) months + tax - you pay the tax @ purchase

So, assuming the tax is the same, you pay $189 more on a subsidy