Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Extremely slow data on the first day of my cycle EDIT: Seems to be a widespread issue

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did an online chat with (un)customer service and the lady I chatted with said "turn phone off/on" and then "try and use the internet", I did as she asked (I've already tried this) and I can load web pages while on LTE, albeit dreadfully slow. However, Netflx or music streaming services are a no go.

I told her this and she said "we're aware of an issue in your area and are working on it" and she gave me a $15 credit. Me thinks this issue is more widespread than just my area (Orlando, FL).

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Cricket isn't advertising any speeds are they?

I realize everyone's a Philadelphia Lawyer but it's not listed anywhere where they guarantee you speeds.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/terms
    Regardless, the high speed data's speed should at least be greater than the throttled data's speed.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hungrytoph3r View Post
    Exactly. This appears to just be simply Cricket's new service offering. They've over-sold their plans, and now we're all stuck with **** levels of perofrmance due to the idiots not knowing or caring to resolve the issue. Once our family $100 x2 credits are used, I'll jump ship to T-Mobile or ATT. I advise everyone else does the same.
    I ported from T-Mobile a week ago. Might have to reconsider my decision.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    Regardless, the high speed data's speed should at least be greater than the throttled data's speed.
    I'm not defending them and even if there was a snowballs chance in H*ll with this raising an eyebrow at the FCC just how long do you think till it's resolved?

Cricket has really just started advertising heavily it seems so I doubt it's a capacity issue and more a provisioning one.

This is a concern for me as I was going to order a SIM tomorrow. Maybe I'm better off on Sprint where Tampa/St Pete is a finished Spark market or I could just stick with Verizon. I don't need to be aggravated for a 20.00 difference.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by devin37354 View Post
    FCC will make them at least offer you some compensation haha and when they have to offer a lot of compensation they will fix it!

Don't bother with BBB they have had an f for them since the aio days. They simply don't care I don't believe
    Yeah you're right about the BBB. They helped me out when they were Aio. They were better back then too because we had US agents. I loved the people at corporate. Now they all suck because they only know the things they read on their computer screen. It frustrates me that I can't call to have it fixed because they won't do anything. They just come up with excuses so they don't look bad. But I'll contact the FCC and see what they can do. I'll contact them mid-week if this still isn't fixed.
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Zenfone Laser 2
    Feedback Score
    I just ported from Go phone on Tuesday. I am kind of stuck as I bought the cricket Moto G LTE. I have searched and researched for months to find the right plan for me. I only had a phone call type go phone plan for dumb phones. This is my first smart phone plan. I am really disappointed so far.
    I have to drive around the city a lot for doc appointments in the next few months, which is why I got a data plan. I can't even do anything on it if I need it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Cricket isn't advertising any speeds are they?

I realize everyone's a Philadelphia Lawyer but it's not listed anywhere where they guarantee you speeds.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/terms
    Their advertised statement:

Stay connected with Cricket's reliable nationwide network and fast 4G LTE speeds

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    U guys are acting like u can't live on HSPA+ for a little bit. What damn babies .. It's not like the difference between cricket LTE and HSPA+ is major .... Wow 4 and 8.. Not like u were getting 50 or 60 before

via the HoFo App
    can't switch to it with a windows phone.....not everyone is in your situation.

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck336 View Post

Stay connected with Cricket's reliable nationwide network and fast 4G LTE speeds
    I know where bill is coming from. This is a very broad statement but I think even the FCC will agree that what these LTE users are getting is no where near high speed.

But also like bill says, what can the FCC really do? Probably not much being prepaid. When I was with contract carriers they always forced them to let me out. With that being said though getting through to the FCC will get you contacted by corporate who can maybe give you a better idea what's going on, how long it will last, etc so that you can decide if you want to jump ship or not

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck336 View Post

Ok,

What constitutes fast? Is there a speed guarantee anywhere? Didn't AT&T have massive capacity issues after the iPhone was released? Wasn't Sprint unable to deliver 3G EVDO speeds?
    What happened with that?

This will get fixed (my guess) as the customers aren't chained to a contract and can leave. Wouldn't it suck if they lowered their stated maximum data speeds.

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I think its more that users want to know what's going on. Is it BC cricket is getting lower priority? Is it a network or server issue that will be fixed? How long til its fixed?

That kind of stuff and one thing the FCC will do is it'll make someone for corporate call you even on prepaid.

You can then decide if you want to wait it out or if it's something that won't change and be fixed..

If cs would give everyone an accurate answer about what's happening then it wouldn't be as big of an issue..

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    All I know is I am happy with hspa so if the LTE sucks on my opo I'll be fine. Would LTE be nice? Yes maybe for tethering but rlly what I use the phone for LTE isn't an issue.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eakenn View Post
    I did an online chat with (un)customer service and the lady I chatted with said "turn phone off/on" and then "try and use the internet", I did as she asked (I've already tried this) and I can load web pages while on LTE, albeit dreadfully slow. However, Netflx or music streaming services are a no go.

I told her this and she said "we're aware of an issue in your area and are working on it" and she gave me a $15 credit. Me thinks this issue is more widespread than just my area (Orlando, FL).

via the HoFo App
    At least they gave you a credit. They won't do anything for me, not even a $5 credit. But I will try contacting the FCC. Pings on 4G over here are ridiculous, so it still feels slower than LTE here.

Feedback Score
    I think its more that users want to know what's going on. Is it BC cricket is getting lower priority? Is it a network or server issue that will be fixed? How long til its fixed?

That kind of stuff and one thing the FCC will do is it'll make someone for corporate call you even on prepaid.

You can then decide if you want to wait it out or if it's something that won't change and be fixed..

If cs would give everyone an accurate answer about what's happening then it wouldn't be as big of an issue..
    FCC complaints apparently scare the carriers, at least it did in my case. Arguing with them got me nowhere, so once Sprint was contacted about my FCC case, they let me right out of my contract. They did admit to me that the Network Vision upgrades had no finish ETA in my area. We couldn't even make calls for a month.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All I know is I am happy with hspa so if the LTE sucks on my opo I'll be fine. Would LTE be nice? Yes maybe for tethering but rlly what I use the phone for LTE isn't an issue.
    Do most phones have the option to switch to HSPA?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast