Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Page Plus 4G LTE Activation Information, Upgrading, and Compatibility

Feedback Score
    So, if I buy an LG Premier Pro LTE for $79.99 on pagepluscellular, does it come with a sim card? I see it's Oreo 8.1 while the identical phone sold at Walmart goes for about $60 but has Nougat 7. Are these phones identical except the Nougat hasn't been upgraded? Are the phones LTE-HD?

soyrunner

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    All of Tracfone phones come with a SIM card. As for the OS, I know there is Tracfone versions of phones and other versions of same phones. It is like the Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. Tracfone has two versions of it. The Galaxy J7 Sky Pro S727VL is still on Android 6.0 while Galaxy J7 Sky Pro S737TL is on Android 8.1. I think the Galaxy J3 Luna Pro is the same too. The Galaxy J3 Luna Pro S327VL is still on Android 6.0 while Galaxy J3 Luna Pro S337TL is on Android 7. I don't know if they did the same with any other models too. So you will need to keep on an eye on the models.

I am not too sure on what you are asking about with LTE-HD, but if you are asking about VoLTE, all the newer models of Tracfone phones that run on Verizon towers should have VoLTE. You will get HD calling as long as the other caller has VoLTE and HD calling too.

Feedback Score
    So, if I buy an LG Premier Pro LTE for $79.99 on pagepluscellular, does it come with a sim card? I see it's Oreo 8.1 while the identical phone sold at Walmart goes for about $60 but has Nougat 7. Are these phones identical except the Nougat hasn't been upgraded? Are the phones LTE-HD?

soyrunner

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soyrunner View Post

soyrunner
    Whatever you buy on PagePlus will be the same as buying a Tracfone (of the same model#) at your local bigbox store. Either will come with a TF SIM. Most phones on the PPC site are more expensive then the same TF at your local store. Who's the carrier of the phone at Walmart ?
    Unfortunately you won't get PP to give you a model number to compare; just a name. And phones of the same name can be different. The model number is the key.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Whatever you buy on PagePlus will be the same as buying a Tracfone (of the same model#) at your local bigbox store. Either will come with a TF SIM. Most phones on the PPC site are more expensive then the same TF at your local store. Who's the carrier of the phone at Walmart ?
    Unfortunately you won't get PP to give you a model number to compare; just a name. And phones of the same name can be different. The model number is the key.
    I did a real fast search myself. Looks like the LG Premier Pro LTE on PagePlus's site is a LML414DL which has Android 8.1, while LG Premier Pro LTE on Walmart's site and in stores is a LML413DL which has Android 7.1. So that explains the Android verison differences.

Feedback Score
    Okay, so I bought a phone on PPC. I activated it online, IMEI accepted and phone number assigned. No signal strength. I'm sure it's just the blocking hill. I will need to buy an amplifier, outdoor and indoor antennas. Verizon has many suggestions for LTE amplifiers and some very expensive. I would just as soon buy discrete components. To that end I would need to know the frequency band Verizon uses here in rural west central Georgia. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks.

soyrunner

Feedback Score
    To that end I would need to know the frequency band Verizon uses here in rural west central Georgia.
    Carriers use multiple frequencies (bands), so you have to use a signal app to see which one(s) are active. An easy one to use is SignalCheck Lite on the Play Store. Mine on Verizon gives the band and actual frequency. Location will have to be turned on for this information. You will have to go to a nearby area that does have a signal.

If you have no signal, a booster will not do any good.

Feedback Score
    That's what I understand. No signal then a booster won't help. I just downloaded a terminal app to the new phone and suddenly hated android phones again when an ad popped up. It just woke up, a single bar inside my faraday cage mobile home.

Feedback Score
    I just downloaded a terminal app to the new phone and suddenly hated android phones again when an ad popped up. It just woke up, a single bar inside my faraday cage mobile home.
    My travel trailer is all aluminum covered and looses about -10 dBm inside depending on the band frequency. What is the terminal app for?

Feedback Score
    Want to ssh in and port 22 is closed. Must research. I expect it won't be too difficult.
    -----------
    My mistake. It doesn't want to be rooted.
    Last edited by soyrunner; 02-16-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8