Thread: NTELOS~ Iphone 5c unlock?

Feedback Score

Exclamation NTELOS~ Iphone 5c unlock?

NTELOS~ Iphone 5c unlock?

So from what im getting Ntelos an sprint are one.. Does anyone have a clue about unlocking there iphone 5c? After using them for a week in my area the phone service sucks.So I decided to go with ATT.Was looking for a unlock to use this new Iphone5c so I wouldn't have to purchase another one from Att?Any help anyone? Thanks Bill

Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T(work)
    Feedback Score
    I don't think there is a way sadly. I have tried to get nTelos to unlock iPhones and they say they don't have the capability to do it. My understanding is we do have Sprint variants of the iPhone. It sucks that carriers are still locking devices

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cshifflett105 View Post
    I don't think there is a way sadly. I have tried to get nTelos to unlock iPhones and they say they don't have the capability to do it. My understanding is we do have Sprint variants of the iPhone. It sucks that carriers are still locking devices

via the HoFo App

Yeah sadly enough we pay are hard earned money for them,its really looks bad on there end

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    nTelos and Sprint aren't the same, never have been. They're two different companies and in some areas, Sprint leases tower space from nTelos. That's right, the big carrier leasing from the little guy.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Sprint and nTelos are not the same company, though they do have a strategic partnership and cooperate in different aspects. nTelos has two major areas: Eastern Virginia where they own their own spectrum and Western Virginia where they lease spectrum from Sprint.

To my knowledge, nTelos will not unlock phones. What's even more disappointing is that starting in February new optional rules from the CTIA take effect whereby the vast majority of US carriers have committed to unlocking phones for their subscribers under certain conditions. Nearly all US carriers have joined this agreement (even Sprint, which in the past has been very intransigent in this area). Together these carriers serve 97% of US wireless subscribers. Unfortunately, at this time, it looks like nTelos is one of the tiny number of carriers who have opted not to join this arrangement. Very disappointing.