Thread: Contract coming to an end, want to keep number, can I ask to transfer to prepaid?

Feedback Score

Contract coming to an end, want to keep number, can I ask to transfer to prepaid?

My contract is coming to an end and I don't want to be with Rogers. Might switch to Chatr but undecided at the moment, can I tell them when my contract ends then switch me to prepaid pay as you go automatically? Do I have to call 30 days before my contract ends? Please advise, thanks!

Feedback Score
    Once your contract ends, you are automatically converted to a month-to-month. At this point you should be able to switch to anything that you want within the company, or port out to a different company.

What are you looking for in a wireless plan? Unlimited minutes (Canada-wide?), unlimited messaging, and little or no data?
    Do you buy your own phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MorsVincitOmnia View Post
    Once your contract ends, you are automatically converted to a month-to-month. At this point you should be able to switch to anything that you want within the company, or port out to a different company.

What are you looking for in a wireless plan? Unlimited minutes (Canada-wide?), unlimited messaging, and little or no data?
    Do you buy your own phones?
    Thanks. If it's month-month, would they be charging more after the contract finishes?

It's actually for my mother. She just wants to be able to call in/out, 200 mins would be great, no data, 50 text messages. I looked at Chatr and they have it for $20. She got her own phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blueGEM View Post
    Thanks. If it's month-month, would they be charging more after the contract finishes?

It's actually for my mother. She just wants to be able to call in/out, 200 mins would be great, no data, 50 text messages. I looked at Chatr and they have it for $20. She got her own phone
    It depends. If she has any limited time discounts, or limited time free add-ons, then they will likely fall off, bringing the price up.

Chatr would a be great deal for $20. I don't think that you can get a better plan anywhere else, really. Just be cautious about the $0.25/minute Voicemail retrieval charge.