Thread: Airave 2.5+ won't accept keypad menu options

Feedback Score

Question Airave 2.5+ won't accept keypad menu options

Hey guys I've got an Airave 2.5+ that I'm having intermittent issues with.

My setup-

DSL internet (consistent 25MB D/L 6MB U/L speeds)
    Actiontec v1000H DSL modem/router
    Airave behind router (no other option since the modem/router are combined unit obviously)
    iPhone 6 (also had same problem with iPhone 5 before this)

Most of the time, I had no problems from the Airave. One day when I still had the iPhone 5 I made a phone call and had options- meaning 'press 1 for English' etc. Any time I need to press a number for a menu option, the system on the other end will say it's invalid. I tried to call my voicemail and keyed in my pin code- sprint voicemail said 'sorry, 0 is not valid' or 'sorry 10004 is not valid' my pin is four digits. It's not getting the signal properly.

I upgraded to the iPhone 6, and visual voicemail would not setup on the phone until I went into town where there's a known good Sprint signal. Then it setup in the background and all was well. Got home and still had dialer menu issues. Reset the Airave and after a couple hours, everything worked fine.

Now it's doing this again and resetting/power cycle won't fix it. Now it won't even download voicemails to visual voicemail.

I went into the web based Airave setup menu (192.168.17.1) and changed the QoS from default ~768kbps to match my actual DSL upload speed. Didn't help anything.

This is really annoying because without the Airave I have a bad enough signal that for instance I'm unable text someone a picture, it fails 99% of the time. But with the Airave not working I basically can't do anything. Cell data works, Speedtest app says I'm getting 1MB up and down (crappy but works) but if I try to text someone a picture it INSTANTLY fails. Also the aforementioned visual voicemails not downloading and can't call into voicemail since dialer codes won't work.

I had to disconnect Airave altogether just to call my voicemail to hear messages.

Anyone got any advice? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I also use DSL with a modem/router combo unit and the Airave 2.5+ would never work with either of my LG phones (Optimus G and G3). My phone would never land on a signal with it even though it did appear to be working properly (all lights were green). So I decided to send it back to Sprint. I didn't need it anyway. I only had it around for one reason. The local cell site that serves my house is fragile and would sometimes go down for days at a time when we had rain or at random other times. But these outages have disappeared over the past year. Glad to be Airave free now.
    Sprint user since 1997

Feedback Score
    The Airave seems to be working just fine lately. I didn't change anything. Maybe an update got pushed to it or maybe it's just being nice, I don't know. I guess I'll complain again whenever it stops working!