Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Android Flip Phone

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    Well, getting one of these might not be too difficult, I suppose. Thanks to the internet. But the question is: Will they work outside of South Korea? I'm not very familiar with the Korean phone market...

Device(s)
    Honor 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Germany
    Feedback Score
    Afaik they use the same frequencies. At least for 3G there should be no problem.
    Where to get one (serious trader!) and the price is what is interesting.

Anyway, anyone interested in my s/w unlocked Sharp 007sh The Hybrid (Black incl. all accessoires+reserve battery)? (yeah going to open a trade thread later on 100 EUR incl. shipping)
    ----
    Current Smartphone: Honor 8
    ----
    Gone Baby Gone Byebye (my sold phones): Sharp SH-06a & Sharp 007sh red & Sharp 007sh black ;__; Lumia 950 XL
    ----

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    I'm not worried about the frequencies. Japan's 3G frequencies are also compatible with ours - but it's the SIM and net locks that drive everyone crazy...

OT: Oh, you're selling your 007SH? May I ask why?

Device(s)
    Honor 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Germany
    Feedback Score
    OT: Got a WP for the time being (Lumia 535) and am waiting for a "good" new release of an Android Flip-Phone ;-)

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by squeenix View Post
    I'm not worried about the frequencies. Japan's 3G frequencies are also compatible with ours - but it's the SIM and net locks that drive everyone crazy...
    The new SIM unlocking regulation is already in effect. Softbank and AU are now also unlocking all new models. If you want a flip Android, you can get the Aquos K SHF32. But there's a chance it won't support your home frequencies.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    Honor 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Germany
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    If you want a flip Android, you can get the Aquos K SHF32. But there's a chance it won't support your home frequencies.
    Double OH... Oh yeah :-) looking good that (smart)keitai and oh no if it does not work :C

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    The new SIM unlocking regulation is already in effect. Softbank and AU are now also unlocking all new models.
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Sounds great, actually.

If you want a flip Android, you can get the Aquos K SHF32. But there's a chance it won't support your home frequencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by keitai-fan View Post
    Double OH... Oh yeah :-) looking good that (smart)keitai and oh no if it does not work :C
    According to this site it supports 4G on 800MHz which works here in Germany. It also supports GSM and UMTS, so I'm pretty sure those are compatible with Germany's frequencies, too. But I still need to find a reliable source to confirm that.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Sounds great, actually.

According to this site it supports 4G on 800MHz which works here in Germany. It also supports GSM and UMTS, so I'm pretty sure those are compatible with Germany's frequencies, too. But I still need to find a reliable source to confirm that.
    It doesn't get more reliable than this - straight from the horse's mouth, so to say. That's the AU specs sheet, so there's no reason to doubt it. And here you can see the supported frequencies included in the GLOBAL PASSPORT (UMTS and GSM) functionality: http://www.au.kddi.com/english/mobil...t/area-charge/

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    And here you can see the supported frequencies included in the GLOBAL PASSPORT (UMTS and GSM) functionality: http://www.au.kddi.com/english/mobil...t/area-charge/
    Thanks, that was the info that I was missing!

Bottom line: This phone fully works in my home country!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, that was the info that I was missing!

Bottom line: This phone fully works in my home country!
    So... buy it and start counting 180 days

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    So... buy it and start counting 180 days
    Why counting 180 days? ^^;

I'm already counting down 141 days to the new Star Wars movie, so I'm getting a bit tired of all the numbers already...

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why counting 180 days? ^^;

I'm already counting down 141 days to the new Star Wars movie, so I'm getting a bit tired of all the numbers already...
    Because according to the new rules, you (the registered owner of the phone) can only apply for a SIM unlock after 180 days have passed since the phone was puchased. Or 90 days after the contract was cancelled - but to cancel a contract you need to pay a fine - something like 10,000 yen I think.

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    Because according to the new rules, you (the registered owner of the phone) can only apply for a SIM unlock after 180 days have passed since the phone was puchased. Or 90 days after the contract was cancelled - but to cancel a contract you need to pay a fine - something like 10,000 yen I think.
    I see, thanks for the info. I'm not up to date with this new unlocking system.

However, the alternative would be to buy an already unlocked phone online, I guess. I'm pretty sure they're going to be sold on Y!Auctions (or eBay...) in a bit.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see, thanks for the info. I'm not up to date with this new unlocking system.

However, the alternative would be to buy an already unlocked phone online, I guess. I'm pretty sure they're going to be sold on Y!Auctions (or eBay...) in a bit.
    I doubt that. In order for someone to be able to unlock the phone, they must be able to prove that 1. they are the original owner (the person who bought it from AU) and that 180 days have passed, or 2. that they are the original owner and that 90 days have passed since they cancelled their contract - in both cases, AU (or SoftBank, or Docomo) will perform a check for any outstanding payments. Is the phone's contract fully paid? Is it blocked on the network? Is it damaged -- yes, they will even check that and refuse to unlock it if its damaged! They will first take it in for repairs, and only after that unlock it.

At the moment there's only one SHF32 for sale on Y! Auctions - 40,000 yen buy-it-now. I wouldn't pay this much for it. Just bought the SH-01G for 35,000 Yen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2