Thread: Anyone upgrade a SERO-P line recently?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Anyone upgrade a SERO-P line recently?

Just wondering if it was possible. Any success stories? Tried to do it at a 3rd party store. They seem to think it was possible. Corp store and call center reps act surprised and wonder if I'll run into a problem when I try to activate the new phone.

Feedback Score
    Try using the SERO customer service # 866-264-1283. Shouldn't be a problem.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is that the number that's been posted for a while? I tried the number that people have used for a while but it always says the office is closed.

Feedback Score
    Someone mention in another forum that he used this # to upgrade his Sero-P account.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    For the last few years I've done it online flawlessly... Upgrade your phone like usual, ignore the plan change warning, and when you get the phone, use Chat care to activate. Easy as can be.

It sounds counter intuitive because at most companies chat care absolutely sucks - - but who ever has said Sprint is intuitive? The chat reps have the most power above all, have NEVER screwed up a request of mine, and deal with my SERO-P plan with ease... The same can not be said for phone reps.

Also, as a SERO-P customer, just make it easy on yourself and anyone you might deal with and consider the Sprint store off limits for anything other than phone window shopping. They WILL screw your plan up, even if they say they deal with grandfathered plans no problem--and chat care will have to unscrew it (this happened to a friend of mine who wanted his iPhone NOW and then came begging me for advice when his plan more than doubled... I told him he was screwed but we'd try chat care--who fixed it)

N

Feedback Score
    lol, I work for a Sprint preferred retailer and we won't "screw up your plan." We do, however, have quotas we have to meet for Sprint, and one of those is that over 75% of our upgrades have to be done with installment billing. So we might lie to get you to change your plan.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Huh. That really is counterintuitive. I'll try them next time.

I believe it about the quotas. The corp store was REALLY on my case about switching to an installment plan. The 3rd party store was chill about it, but their clientele seemed to take to the installment plan easily and I don't think those employees cared too much what their bosses thought anyways.

Device(s)
    LG Marquee
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO-P
    Feedback Score
    That's funny -- when I stopped in a Sprint store they told me NOT to buy in store to use my 2-year upgrade discount. Your above comment tells me why. They were really nice about it, told me online pricing was better anyways .

Feedback Score
    @gambit57
    Were you able to upgrade your Sero-P line?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'll let you know tomorrow. The phone shipped and arrives at the store tomorrow. It was a 6 Plus and I didn't order it until about 5PM on the 12th so I've had to wait like everyone else who wants a Plus. If I can activate it and my plan stays the same, apparently you can.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It works! I was a little worried cuz the girl said that she had to "see if they could put the old plan back on" when she did the ESN swap. She called Sprint, and asked. It worked. I checked my online account just now. Says SERO 500 just like normal, but the device is an iPhone 6 Plus. Contract end date says it started 9/30/14 and ends 9/29/2016.

I never did understand how they got those contract end dates. I preordered the phone on the 12th. It's Oct. 3 on the day the new phone got activated. So how did they pick Sept. 29 as an end date?

Feedback Score
    There's internal documentation floating around on the Sprint internal portal for direct and indirect employees about how SERO and EPRP customers are to be treated like any other consumer liable customer. If any store gives you a hard time, tell them to do a search for SERO in their web portal.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    There's internal documentation floating around on the Sprint internal portal for direct and indirect employees about how SERO and EPRP customers are to be treated like any other consumer liable customer. If any store gives you a hard time, tell them to do a search for SERO in their web portal.
    That's assuming they can be bothered to look. My local corp store sucks. They'd rather lie than to actually look.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit57 View Post
    It works! I was a little worried cuz the girl said that she had to "see if they could put the old plan back on" when she did the ESN swap. She called Sprint, and asked. It worked. I checked my online account just now. Says SERO 500 just like normal, but the device is an iPhone 6 Plus. Contract end date says it started 9/30/14 and ends 9/29/2016.

I never did understand how they got those contract end dates. I preordered the phone on the 12th. It's Oct. 3 on the day the new phone got activated. So how did they pick Sept. 29 as an end date?
    Did you have to pay activation fee for the phone?