Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The worst has happened: Rogers killed my $30/6GB data plan while still on contact

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

The worst has happened: Rogers killed my $30/6GB data plan while still on contact

Yes, you read it correctly. A Rogers employee by mistake deleted my $30/6GB data plan from my account and replaced it with the $35/6GB plan. Rogers Retentions credited me $5 a month (in one lump sum) for the duration of my contract. However, should I renew next year when my plan ends, I will not be eligible for the $30/6GB plan as the code no longer exists. Additionally, even with the one time credit, I still pay more because the credit is a one shot deal and the PST/GST is charged on my services. If I received a monthly credit, I wouldn't be pay more.

I called several times and I got the same answer, once the code is gone it's gone. Nothing can be done. However, I find that hard to believe. I mean mistakes happen and there must be a way to get the code back or at least restore my account from a backup tape?

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Nope, it's hard-coded into the system. That bloody sucks, though. "Accident"? I think not.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Feedback Score
    they can change prices once you're off contract. Contractually speaking they have given you the 5$ credit fulfilling their obligations.

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    What were the happenstances that a Rogers CSR deleted a 6G/$30 option to replace it with a 6G/$35 one?
    Contact Office of Presidento and if necessary CCTS if you were messed with under contract.

at least restore my account from a backup tape?
    Yes, problem is Tape Player Machines are in low availability and heads are dirty.
    BTW Chill Worse Things Happen all the time like ITZ just posted AGAIN

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    13% on $5- is this what we are speaking of? As in $0.65-? Hmm i wouldn't worry about it.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Feedback Score
    While you could file a CCTS complain to get the backoffice to properly reinsert the $30 6GB add-on it's honestly not worth your time to do so. Your $30 6GB add-on is going up to $35 right after your contract ends anyway. http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...-5-price-hike/

Feedback Score
    Its definitely possible.

I used to work for Virgin mobile and changing the features, packages, plans, rates etc on a persons account would take about 3 minutes tops... We could even change consumption and fees incurred.

You just need to know the right people and a front line CSR without a recorded call isn't it. You need to make legal threats or something to get the ball moving. Rogers doesn't give a S*TS about your $30-100/mo when they can bill 9,400,000 other people.

Revenue of $ 1,730,000,000 in just 3 months will do that to you.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Call back in and ask to speak to second level customer service support and explain what happened, they will contact the back office team and request they restore your data plan since it was their fault. This happened to me a few years ago when LTE first came out.

It took them over a week to restore the grand fathered data plan but they did
    Rogers Loyalty Package W/4GB Data

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluphyre View Post
    they can change prices once you're off contract. Contractually speaking they have given you the 5$ credit fulfilling their obligations.
    True, but only if they offer me a credit of $5 a month to offset the charge. A one time payment doesn't cut it as it costs me more due to tax (see below)
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    13% on $5- is this what we are speaking of? As in $0.65-? Hmm i wouldn't worry about it.
    $0.65 x 36 months=$23.40 that I have to pay for their mistake? I won't settle for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie View Post
    What were the happenstances that a Rogers CSR deleted a 6G/$30 option to replace it with a 6G/$35 one?
    Contact Office of Presidento and if necessary CCTS if you were messed with under contract.
    It was a BB Data issue. I got no reply back from the OoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappy24 View Post
    While you could file a CCTS complain to get the backoffice to properly reinsert the $30 6GB add-on it's honestly not worth your time to do so. Your $30 6GB add-on is going up to $35 right after your contract ends anyway. http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...-5-price-hike/
    Partly correct. In my case, I would renew my plan by doing a HU at that time. Everything, and I mean everything including the $30/6GB plan gets renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertHodgson View Post
    Call back in and ask to speak to second level customer service support and explain what happened, they will contact the back office team and request they restore your data plan since it was their fault. This happened to me a few years ago when LTE first came out.

It took them over a week to restore the grand fathered data plan but they did
    For me, that was an exercise in futility and resulted in a lot of stress and frustration. I am thinking in your case, even though your plan was grandfathered, if any of the codes are removed from their system they won't be able to restore your account. I hope I am wrong on this.

I got an email from the Ombudsman who assured the OoP would call me within 24 hours. That was today. Tomorrow is another day.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post

$0.65 x 36 months=$23.40 that I have to pay for their mistake? I won't settle for that.
    For real?! $23.40- in 3 years and you won't settle? 'your time on the phone isn't worth more?

Feedback Score
    Taxes are calculated after discounts, no?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Taxes are calculated after discounts, no?
    I have seen flat credits vs credits with tax before.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    For real?! $23.40- in 3 years and you won't settle? 'your time on the phone isn't worth more?
    With Rogers, it's the principle.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Since you seem to think giving away your money with absolutely no justification is fine and not worth fighting against, I'll PM you my email address and you can PayPal me $24.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by some-gei View Post
    Since you seem to think giving away your money with absolutely no justification is fine and not worth fighting against, I'll PM you my email address and you can PayPal me $24.
    How is it $24? You have 3 full years still left on your contract?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast