Thread: The official iPhone 6 Plus case

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The official iPhone 6 Plus case

What case are you getting for your iPhone 6 Plus? I a 6 Plus on order and curious what everyone is thinking of getting. I don't have anything picked out right now but my 5s rotates between a Ballistic case, Spigen Neo Hybrid and a Mophie Juice Pack Plus.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm looking at the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the thin fit. The 6 Plus is already big and i'm worried the Neo Hybrid may make it even bigger.

Device(s)
    iPhone, Surface Pro, Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I looked at many cases and finally decided to go with the spigen tough armor in gunmetal. I think this case offers good protection. Most of the other cases either look bad or dont offer much protection. My other choices would be an otterbox, incipio, or lifeproofs upcoming case. The apple case is great but offers minimal protection. Spigen cases are on sale at amazon.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm debating between Ballistic or Tech21. I'd like to consider Lifeproof but have no idea when it'll come out. Of course, I have no idea when I'm getting my 6 Plus either.

I had a great experience with Otterbox and their Defender with my 4 and 5 (before I returned it). That said, I'm not a fan of how it's constructed so I worry that there still will be damage. Same with the Gumdrop Droptech case which I have on my iPads. For ultra protection, I don't mind bulky cases (I have young kids). That said, I don't like how some of them surround the phone itself with the hard plastic material before wrapping that hard plastic in the softer rubbery type stuff. I feel it should be the other way around, with the softer material surrounding the phone and then the hard stuff on the outside. Less chance of damage (even scratches) to the phone and makes it easier to slip into pockets is the way I see it.

I like Ballistic because their slim cases still have those big corners. The corners aren't that big, but it raises the phone off a flat surface even if you use a screen protector. Plus, I can physically see how there is area to absorb an impact to minimize shock and damage. For most cases, even if it's a soft material, it usually hugs the phone so most of the impact is still absorbed into the phone. Not with Ballistic. I just wish the current cases still came with soft silicone inserts in the corners like my older case. That looks to be maximum impact absorption to me. Mine is basically like the current Urbanite and it's super slim yet I'd still consider it near max protection. At least as protective as an Otterbox Commuter but like 1/4 the thickness.

I'm considering Tech21 cuz that D30 material looks interesting. I'm still not 100% sold on whether it will truly protect your phone all that much though. It doesn't look like they have enough of that D30 material to me. If you've owned a Tech21 case before, I'd greatly appreciate you posting your experiences with it.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE:

Ended up with a Tech21 case. Out of default really. It's like the whole world is out of 6 Plus cases. Either backordered or not arriving until the end of October. I don't wanna be without a case for that long. Especially with a phone that is so hard to hold with one hand.

Checked two Targets, a Walmart, a Best Buy, 3 mall kiosks, and a Best Buy Mobile. They all looked like the aftermath of Black Friday. The random no name 6 Plus case here and there, but that's about it. I found a couple of the thicker Ballistic cases for the regular 6, but Ballistic cheaped out. Their cases kinda suck now. The only place really in stock was the Ballistic website, but they charge shipping.

Turns out my local Verizon store just got a shipment of iPhone 6 Plus cases in today. No Ballistic or Otterbox but they had a Tech21 in clear and smoke so I grabbed the smoke cuz I figure it'll show dirt less and my Plus is in Space Grey anyways.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm undecided on the Tech21 now that I got it. On my Plus, I'm not sure the lip is high enough to keep my phone from resting on the glass when lying face down.

Feedback Score
    I prefer the Apple case for iPhone 6 plus. The case has a snug fit and is extremely good. It's also very thin and light.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

The official iPhone 6 Plus case

I am using a Kavaj "Dallas" case after trying a few others.

It is reminiscent of the apple case for my iPad Air. It probably only provides a moderate level of protection for the 6+, but also doesn't add a tremendous amount of bulk like the Spigen wallet case. I also appreciate the use of leather instead of the PU "leather"-like substance.

Amazon seems to have various cases in stock. I didn't try looking in any local B&M shops. I rarely shop for electronics in person anymore.

In the end, I will probably end up buying a vaja case. I have had good experiences with vaja cases over the years.
    Last edited by mch; 10-17-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie