Thread: samsung golden galaxy???

Feedback Score

samsung golden galaxy???

ive been a long standing Verizon customer since 1997 and I used to swap out my phone every 2 years or earlier if I can. the last phone that I swapped out was the razr 2 v9m and still use this phone today. as far as im concerned these new phones are not for me. I truly dislike candy bar style phones and phones that are too thick or oversized. I finally seen a phone that I kinda think is ok and that's the Samsung golden galaxy. of course, this phone isn't available from Verizon or to the USA for that matter. now im not very familiar with unlocking phone and what that would do but...does anyone know if its possible to get a phone like this which is gsm based to work in the cdma Verizon system???

thank you

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can only use phones sold by Verizon on Verizon's network.

The Golden Galaxy is huge, and why do you really need a physical dial pad? There are much smaller smartphones out these days.

Feedback Score
    My dad got his first cell in 94 I think it was gte or something like that. Either way he's had the line active non stop and Verizon always thanks him for being a customer since 94 even though they weren't officially formed at that time
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OP, Verizon will not activate a phone that they do not sell for use on their network.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you're talking about the India version model GT-I9230, it won't work on any carrier in the USA because it lacks the necessary frequency bands for North American GSM.

Feedback Score
    hey that what they told me when I called up that ive been a customer since 1997. perhaps I misheard. now personally I could care less how long ive been with them...just repeating what was I thought was told to me. appreciate any of the real replies....

anyway, im unaware of the physical size of the golden galaxy. the phone in the picture look ok to me but I cant tell sizing. I also don't care if its a smart phone or not. I just want a flip that is slim small. since it was told to me that it is huge, its beside the point now that Verizon will only activate phone they sell. I guess ill keep using my v9m until I cant.

thanks all

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There are lots of Verizon flip phones out there if you don't want smartphone. Just keep buying used ones for about $25 or less and replace when they break down. The phone I'm using now, a Nokia 2705, is probably the smallest Verizon-compatible phone ever made, and it actually has decent performace (but is not very durable). Blackberry made a flip model with physical keyboard that does a few smartphone-like things.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you currently have a flip phone, if you use a smart phone you will need to buy a data plan as well. You may be better off buying used flip phones.

Device(s)
    Cylon Droid Communicator
    Carrier(s)
    New Caprica Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    I understand that. The customer wouldn't say they were with Verizon Wireless since 1994 when clearly they weren't. To mention you were with Verizon Wireless on a public forum since 1994, would only confuse people to thinking that Verizon Wireless has been in business since 1994. A merger doesn't change the original status.
    There is no need to nit pick every word someone posts. Yes he has been a long time customer, end of story. Now back on topic.
    Keep all PHONE discussion within the Verizon Phone Discussion sub forum. We will close/move threads without notice if you do not follow the the VZW forum rules. Report inappropriate posts by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of any post, or the orange triangle in the bottom left for Premium members.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just look how humongous this phone is!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Just look how humongous this phone is!

Well, my husband wouldn't be able to complain about how small the numbers are!

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    well that certainly gives me an idea how huge this phone is. I may as well carry a tablet. it looked cool in the picture and of course you cant tell how big this thing is from that. the phone is so big, it seem you don't even need to open the flip. looks like its 10 in from top to bottom.