Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reversing Page Plus flash on Motorola Droid Razr M

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I ended up flashing mine back to stock and that worked.

Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm in the same boat as the OP and really can't follow the suggestions in this thread. Is there a service that will do this and which understands this phone and how to reverse this particular flashing process? I talked to one such service but I wasn't convinced he understood this process.
    I have a PP sim and have never installed it in case that makes a difference.

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would recommend that you do a search for DROID RAZR HD UTILITY. I believe that you want version 1.4. Can use it to re-install 4.1.2. This is what I used to go back to 4.1.2. I let it set it back to stock which erased EVERYTHING. A few words of warning, you need to back up everything, contacts, pictures/videos, and any documents. Take out the sim card and the SD card before running the program. I believe that you can also go forward to KITCAT with this utility. (I chose not too but may do it in the future.) Also be aware that when back on the stock 4.1.2 you will get the notifications to update. If you take the updates and have not yet unlocked the bootloader, then you are screwed and can't install customs roms in the future. One way to stop the updates it to use TITANIUM BACKUP (if you are rooted), and disable the UPDATER 4.1.2.6 file.
    Jackie

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Charleston View Post
    Is there a service that will do this and which understands this phone and how to reverse this particular flashing process?
    Anyone that understands how to use RSD Lite should be able to write the original image back to the phone that way. The first two posters from the following thread advertise such service on another forum.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-Compatibility

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeenemd View Post
    I would recommend that you do a search for DROID RAZR HD UTILITY. I believe that you want version 1.4
    The current notes still seem to indicate that is for the XT926. Without doing more reading, I highly recommend not trying that utility on a Razr M (XT907). I'm thinking the Droid Razr M Utility Version 1.20, which is linked in the flashing thread, might have been the last version for the Razr M. Option 1 was supposed to install the stock image if you were running the first Razr M 4.1.2 release, or an earlier version, but that particular feature never worked correctly on my phone, so I always had to use RSD Lite for getting back to stock. Some of the release notes on the Razr utilities have suggested that they might soft brick a phone if you are running a newer software version than supported by the utility, so I recommend knowing which software version you are running before trying to use the Razr M Utility. A soft brick can be corrected using RSD Lite, but I'm not sure if those utilities might be capable of hard bricking a phone. I just know that RSD Lite can hard brick a phone, making it nearly worthless, if you try to install an image for a different phone. Anyway, my general recommendation is for people to understand if they're following a procedure that is correct for their particular phone.

There is some discussion for using RSD Lite to return a Razr M or Razr HD to stock in:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...2#post15608862
    Last edited by alluringreality; 10-30-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have a Droid Razr flashed to Pageplus. Just switched to an iphone and transferred my number using a 4G Pageplus sim card, it worked immediately after I talked to the Pageplus rep.
    Now I am trying to activate the Droid Razr (XT912) on Pageplus 4G to give it to a family member. I wiped all the data and settings by a factory reset (the factory reset from "Settings"), then got a new Pageplus 4G sim card, talked to a rep, but no matter what we tried, it won't work. There is a blue little triangle on the signal bars. If I try to call someone, it says "roaming indicator off", only gives busy beeping sound.

Does the "factory reset" wipe off all the flashed settings? Do I need to use RDS to flash it back to stock?

I really don't know much about cellphone programming, please advise.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by redsand01 View Post
    Now I am trying to activate the Droid Razr (XT912) on Pageplus 4G to give it to a family member.
    The following thread is one place that discusses the XT912.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...NG-on-PagePlus

Does the "factory reset" wipe off all the flashed settings?
    On the Razr M or Razr HD flash being discussed here a factory reset does not undo all the changes, but I'm not familiar with the XT912.

Do I need to use RDS to flash it back to stock?
    According to the thread linked above, RSD Lite can be used to return your phone to stock, just be sure to charge the phone first and use a firmware for your model of phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks! That is the instruction I followed to flash my phone to Pageplus a while ago. I'll try to reverse the settings using cdma workshop and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post
    The following thread is one place that discusses the XT912.

On the Razr M or Razr HD flash being discussed here a factory reset does not undo all the changes, but I'm not familiar with the XT912.

According to the thread linked above, RSD Lite can be used to return your phone to stock, just be sure to charge the phone first and use a firmware for your model of phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I followed the directions here for my Razr M and my husband's Razr HD, flashed the stock kitkat and then did the 4G sim activation with online chat. Everything working and very easy to do.

http://www.andromods.com/tips-trick/...-hd-xt926.html

http://www.andromods.com/tips-trick/...-firmware.html

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am in the same situation as the OP. Has anyone found a way to not have to flash the phone back to stock? Or possibly even flash it to Cyanogenmod ? I really do not want to go back to a stock ROM if I don't have to.

Device(s)
    Moto X (2013) Developer Edition
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone(VZW)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you want to use a recent custom rom, you are going to need to unlock your bootloader as I described in my messages in that other thread. To make it easier for others to find it, I'll post it here (slightly modified) since it was actually for the phone this thread is about.

To get your bootloader unlocked so you can install custom roms on your Razr M (XT907), you need a specific version of the KitKat stock rom. If you have a newer version installed already, you can't do it. If you are on an older version, first flash this with RSD Lite with your phone booted into AP Fastboot mode to upgrade to the first official KitKat release for the phone:

http://motofirmware.com/files/downlo...cfc-1ffxmlzip/

Then follow the instructions under Guides, "2. BOOTLOADER UNLOCKING" here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droi...nlock-t2869432

If your phone mentions there is an update available, DO NOT download or install it until you have confirmed that your bootloader is unlocked (boot into AP Fastboot mode and check for UNLOCKED).

The instructions don't mention it, but be sure to extract Motopocalypse.apk from the rar file before trying to use it on your phone. You may need a file manager app to install the apks, or if you are familiar with using adb on a computer to install the apps you can do that. There is also information there about flashing custom recoveries (to allow flashing custom roms, etc.) and removing the warning at boot about your unlocked bootloader.

As for your last message in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiDan7 View Post
    Thank you . I tried today to use the towel root / motopocolypse method and it failed. I will try the method as you described.
    Towelroot is just what you would use to root the phone on the 4.4.2 stock rom that I linked to. As for Motopocolypse, it requires root and requires a stock rom with a specific vulnerability. If you are on a 4.1.2 Jelly Bean release where the vulnerability was fixed, you can flash the one I linked, which restored that vulnerability (whether accidental or not, no one knows outside of Motorola). If you are on a later KitKit stock rom than the one I linked, you are out of luck there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2