Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Conditional call forwarding H2O ?

Feedback Score
    How are you setting it, with star codes? Or using h2o support?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire 626, LG G3, Moto E2, Lumia 640 LTE
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, Truphone, Lycamobile, RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    I'm using star codes. Using **004*1xxxxxxxxxx# (xxxxxxxxxx=GV number). Doing that on the 626 returns an error message; on the 635, it completes successfully. Calling from another phone, the call correctly routes to my GV mailbox if I don't answer the phone.

The 626 gets the APN settings directly from the H2O smart sim. The 635 failed to write the APN settings on boot returning an error msg about failing to write to the terminal. The APN setting had to be entered in manually. Both handsets get LTE, SMS and data using the same APN settings.

Feedback Score
    Well if you just set it and leave it that way confirm that it's continuing to work with whatever phone you like and Bob's your uncle. As I said personally I prefer going the other way around, people know not to call my carrier number directly only the number that I have given them to reach me always the most reliable

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    While chatting with them this week, I asked them about conditional forwarding on monthly plans and they said it should work. I have an unlocked global Moto G 2nd gen and I worked at it for 3 hours this weekend without any luck.

I can change all the forwarding numbers to GV # and I can select GV as the VM provider from the "Carrier" setting. Everything works without error, even dialing the **004* code completes successfully but calling the Phone (not the GV #) just rings and rings and rings to no end.

Would a different phone make a difference? I'm tempted to try an old ATT flip phone.

Feedback Score
    This programming should really just be affecting the switch, I believe nothing to do with the phone itself. Perhaps you could ask them to open a trouble ticket with AT&T - you are not allowed to do so yourself directly, but they can on your behalf. If this is something that they want to allow, they should be motivated to fix it at a systems level.

Device(s)
    One Plus One
    Carrier(s)
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    I have had no problems with my two H2O phones using Google Voice. I do not use Hangouts, just Google Voice

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeysun View Post
    I have had no problems with my two H2O phones using Google Voice. I do not use Hangouts, just Google Voice
    I don't use hangouts either.

Can you tell us how you achieved this? Are you on monthly unlimited plans or pay as you go? What kind of phones are you using?

And one other very important question... are you giving people (friends/family) your google voice number or your H20 provided number?

Device(s)
    One Plus One
    Carrier(s)
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjr1105 View Post
    I don't use hangouts either.

Can you tell us how you achieved this? Are you on monthly unlimited plans or pay as you go? What kind of phones are you using?

And one other very important question... are you giving people (friends/family) your google voice number or your H20 provided number?
    I have done nothing special. I have had GV over 6 years. I have had H2O over 2 years. I have had 4 H2O accounts, 2 paygo and 2 monthly unlimited, using 2 different GV accounts. All aspect of conditional call forwarding works. I give people my GV # only. If they accidentally call my H2O provided phone number, the call conditionally forwards like it is supposed to my GV account and all the other forwarding numbers I have currently attached. Sometimes it is slow to register via the system, but I am not using this for a time dependent situation.

My most recently activated H2O account (1 month ago) is a paygo and it works using the standard operating instructions that I used for the other 3 H2O accounts. These were the standard instructions on the GV website.

Having done this with several AirVoice numbers, Go phone numbers, and occasional T-Mobile MVNO's, and a Cricket account, I have the instructions memorized and have not referred back to the GV website instructions. As I said, I have changed nothing.

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    The difference is that you are giving people your gv number. If you do that and send a text from the phone, it shows up as a foreign number to others unless they have both of your numbers. It's easier to use the carrier number. Not sure how you have it working on 4 lines I can't get it to work on a single line. Any android devices?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjr1105 View Post
    The difference is that you are giving people your gv number. If you do that and send a text from the phone, it shows up as a foreign number to others unless they have both of your numbers. It's easier to use the carrier number. Not sure how you have it working on 4 lines I can't get it to work on a single line. Any android devices?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    If you send texts from the Google Voice or Hangouts apps they will be sent from your Google Voice number.
    See my list of 2019 Cyber Monday prepaid and unlocked phone deals at https://prepaidcompare.net/cm2019.html

Device(s)
    One Plus One
    Carrier(s)
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    I use the Google Voice app also. If I don't want to use data, then I use the GV alias number. I tend to record any alias number on all incoming texts and calls. My android automatically uses GV to make outgoing calls.

Outgoing texts I use the android app and the alias number. New texts I try to use GV. I pay attention to what phone number is displayed on my recipients.

Outgoing calls automatically interface with GV when I have data. I usually don't have to worry about that interface but I glance at the feedback to make sure GV is being used. If it cannot use GV, then I try to use any alias number I have available, which would be already entered as an alternate number on my contacts.

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    It just gets too messy trying to juggle the GV number, texting, calling out, etc. The GV app is plain awful for texting purposes and not everyone likes hangouts vs the stock sms app.

Plus in the sms app all the people who message you from GV show up as a weird number and sometimes doesn't display the persons name, just the weird alias number. No thanks. So much easier to just use the carrier provided number for all and use GV for VM only. Thus getting back on topic for getting GV ccf to work.

Device(s)
    One Plus One
    Carrier(s)
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    I understand you dilema. My wife will not mess with the hassle also, and uses her handset number. I keep her GV account up to date because her GV number is my ICE number. I want someone to claim my corpse in case of an emergency. The CCF works fine for her account.

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    Well it's either one of two things then. CCF isn't enabled by default on new accounts or her Moto G (2nd gen) isn't playing nice with the CCF. On paper I have all the settings adjusted as they should be for CCF>GV after 30 seconds but it just isn't working.

In the chat que now to ask about it. This isn't really that big of a deal but if people say they have it working. I'm determined to get it working too. I work in IT, I love troubleshooting this stuff as much as I hate it.

Would you mind sharing screen shots of your GV settings and what you have set on the phone?

Name:  Screenshot_10.png
Views: 875
Size:  17.0 KB

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    Name:  Screenshot_11.png
Views: 859
Size:  9.8 KB

Someone is full of it. This is the response I got.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast