Thread: Bought Galaxy Mega - I have the printout - It's not lost, stolen, or fraudulent

Feedback Score

Bought Galaxy Mega - I have the printout - It's not lost, stolen, or fraudulent

...but it it eligible for buyback!! (a LIE! I asked 15 sprint reps and they all say that's not right, no rebuy. One said 'the computer must have made a mistake and I point to all the morons in his store and said "THAT IS HOW TO HANDLE THIS -- IT WAS OBVIOUDLY A MISTAKE THEM IT WAS TYPED" Not hard! No need to defend the UNDEFENDABLE (like the other 99% tried to do). Sad. Sad Sad. The state of our union is SAD.

Here's the real problem. It ain't lost, stolen, any of that, but it is suspended because someone did not keepup on their bills. I suspect they sold the phone to catch upon bills. I got the box, manuals, everything. Yes SPRINT don't activate it for me!!! Here I am, a paying customer willing to get them out of their loss, but NOOOOO let's keep on losing money sprint. Make sure I can't pay you to use your product. That way, it's $100/month less you will earn. Give me ONE TECHNICAL REASON WHY THIS SHOULD BE THE CASE.

This country is headed down hill, not just because of this. People arent what they used to be. Everyone gets a cupcake even if they get an F on the test, Everyone gets a trophy. and whatever business degree the guys who made this decision has probably still get a bonus. I have half a mind to show up there with my whole board and show then why what they are doing, even if they are writing them off, makes NO SENSE! I'm going to take their car away, just because. It may eor may not have a transmission problem. Don't worry, we'll give it back when we want to. (see the absurdity!!)

I just want my mega to work, that's all i ask for. Half of the people on this planet should be vaporized immediately, and another 1/4 need to move things into position then be vaporized.

I am literally calling up/driving/etc to get a straight answer as to why such a good product that we have all payed lots of money got can't possibly profitable. The only reason for that could be all the overhead expenses to pay for the people who do not output anything profitable. fire them, f'n fire them!! they drag down the collective std of living!!

Feedback Score
    So you bought a phone from somebody who did not pay his bill, how is this Sprint's fault? Where did you buy this phone? You posted quite the rant but did not fully explain the problem. A bit less ranting and a more detailed answer might get you a bit of help or at least some sympathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoeniggg View Post
    ...but it it eligible for buyback!! (a LIE! I asked 15 sprint reps and they all say that's not right, no rebuy. One said 'the computer must have made a mistake and I point to all the morons in his store and said "THAT IS HOW TO HANDLE THIS -- IT WAS OBVIOUDLY A MISTAKE THEM IT WAS TYPED" Not hard! No need to defend the UNDEFENDABLE (like the other 99% tried to do). Sad. Sad Sad. The state of our union is SAD.

Here's the real problem. It ain't lost, stolen, any of that, but it is suspended because someone did not keepup on their bills. I suspect they sold the phone to catch upon bills. I got the box, manuals, everything. Yes SPRINT don't activate it for me!!! Here I am, a paying customer willing to get them out of their loss, but NOOOOO let's keep on losing money sprint. Make sure I can't pay you to use your product. That way, it's $100/month less you will earn. Give me ONE TECHNICAL REASON WHY THIS SHOULD BE THE CASE.

This country is headed down hill, not just because of this. People arent what they used to be. Everyone gets a cupcake even if they get an F on the test, Everyone gets a trophy. and whatever business degree the guys who made this decision has probably still get a bonus. I have half a mind to show up there with my whole board and show then why what they are doing, even if they are writing them off, makes NO SENSE! I'm going to take their car away, just because. It may eor may not have a transmission problem. Don't worry, we'll give it back when we want to. (see the absurdity!!)

I just want my mega to work, that's all i ask for. Half of the people on this planet should be vaporized immediately, and another 1/4 need to move things into position then be vaporized.

I am literally calling up/driving/etc to get a straight answer as to why such a good product that we have all payed lots of money got can't possibly profitable. The only reason for that could be all the overhead expenses to pay for the people who do not output anything profitable. fire them, f'n fire them!! they drag down the collective std of living!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schoeniggg View Post

Here's the real problem. It ain't lost, stolen, any of that, but it is suspended because someone did not keepup on their bills.
    I understand your frustration and logic. I can only imagine Sprint and others have these policies because if they didn't they would be open to much more of fraud and abuse, costing them more money than what you're monthly plan payment is worth..

It would be nice if they'd allow you to pay the balance on the phone to make it work but apparently that is not option. Perhaps you can contact the seller and ask them to help you out.

Feedback Score
    The reason they blacklist phones is to discourage sales of stolen goods. Unfortunately, honest people get caught in the same net.

Feedback Score
    Dear OP,

Take some English writing courses, please.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    OP you sound like a mean and terrible human being. Good for you.

Feedback Score
    Geez, I see nothing wrong with a fiery rant. Better than throwing your phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    Geez, I see nothing wrong with a fiery rant. Better than throwing your phone.
    but it wasn't very coherent and several remarks in his rant were pretty outrageous, such as wishing death on people who had nothing to do with his problem. the problem is with the seller who did not fufill his contract. if they allowed people to willy nilly activate such phones, the market for stolen phones would be even greater. we already see tons of ppl in these forums looking for loopholes to purchase a subsidized phone, cancel their contract and immediately sell the phone at a profit, even after paying an etf.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    but it wasn't very coherent and several remarks in his rant were pretty outrageous, such as wishing death on people who had nothing to do with his problem. the problem is with the seller who did not fufill his contract. if they allowed people to willy nilly activate such phones, the market for stolen phones would be even greater. we already see tons of ppl in these forums looking for loopholes to purchase a subsidized phone, cancel their contract and immediately sell the phone at a profit, even after paying an etf.
    His wishing death doesn't make it so. When I'm angry I revert to about 5 years old and do the same thing. I agree with the rest of your reply though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    His wishing death doesn't make it so. When I'm angry I revert to about 5 years old and do the same thing. I agree with the rest of your reply though.
    Lots of things are said and even thought during an angry moment, but there is a limit to what's acceptable, esp in written format. Portions of his rant were such that my 5 year old would sorely regret if he said it to me. Whereas my 5 year old stomping his feet and cursing while behind the closed door wouldn't be as big a deal.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    While I don't share the same worldview as schoenigg, I agree that Sprint's activation policies are asinine, and it cost them business. Last year I took my brand new iPad (just purchased from the Apple store) to the Sprint store and tried to activate it. They wouldn't do it. Verizon has the same policy. Forced to choose between the two, Sprint lost. A few months later, I tried to activate a Sprint tablet, and was informed that even though it was BYOD, I had to sign a two year contract. Each employee I spoke with agreed that didn't make any sense, and escalated it, but that is indeed the policy.
    Last edited by afblangley; 08-27-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Feedback Score
    Exactly. Bought phone outright, they still forced a new contract on me. Glad I escaped.

Device(s)
    Lg flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I worked in their call center for sprint and I had people who has their phones shut off and they asked to have them released and I simply told them to pay the bill and we can release the phone. I further said we can take cash at the local sprint and it can released quickly. I would never take a check cause it can bounce and the phone would be replaced with some junk. I am sorry the OP got taken and if you bought this on ebay you can get your money back. Or hunt the person down and ask for your money back. But what I am wondering why did you not call sprint to see if the phone was clear????