Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket is offering $100 credit for Tmo and Metro customers

Feedback Score
    Hi, I was reading through a few threads, I have 2 questions:

1) On monday I bought a Moto G from cricketwireless.com and during the process it asked me if I want to start with a new number or if I want to bring my old number so I entered my old number (the one I wanted ported to Cricket) and it also asked me for an account # and PIN that Ting (an MVNO on Sprint) provided for me to port my number away. So it looks like it's too late for me to get the Ting --> tmo --> Cricket switcher on line #1 right?

2) I plan to have two more lines so I picked up 2 Tmo prepaid sims because both of those two lines are currently on Ting and ATT respectively - When I order two more phones on cricketwireless.com do I just pick a new number for now, and then when I receive the phones I quickly port to T-mobile and then port to Cricket. I ask this because I don't want them to not have their current service for a few days if I do the t-mo port now and then subsequently provide port info right when I buy the 2 more Moto Gs. Not sure if that makes sense, I was just trying to post up asap so I know what to select when I place the order on the website. Thanks

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Need to be on a qualifying carrier before placing your online Cricket order -- need to provide port info at the time of ordering (you cant port in later)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JaTaN View Post
    Need to be on a qualifying carrier before placing your online Cricket order -- need to provide port info at the time of ordering (you cant port in later)
    So for those that want to keep their original phone number and they order online and don't originally have a Switcher approved carrier (like Verizon for example), they port that Verizon phone number onto a t mobile prepaid SIM (often times without adding any money to it) and then they place the order and are without cell service until their new cricket phone arrives?
    Last edited by <<M>>; 12-24-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by <<M>> View Post
    So for those that want to keep their original phone number and they order online and don't originally have a Switcher approved carrier (like Verizon for example), they port that Verizon phone number onto a t mobile prepaid SIM (often times without adding any money to it) and then they place the order and are without cell service until their new cricket phone arrives?
    Yes. You would be without service unless you did the switch in store, which is what I did because it was worth the $25 to me to not be without service.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ;15746707
    The port doesn't happen until after you receive the phone and activate it, but you input the phone number during the order process. So you're only out of service for a few minutes normally.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macville View Post
    Yes. You would be without service unless you did the switch in store, which is what I did because it was worth the $25 to me to not be without service.
    Yep...or you can get a sim from Walmart and port from TMo to that in the same day...or you can buy a $5 Boost flip (I think they were $5..but maybe the VM phones were $5) and put $10 of airtime on it and port from that (instead of TMo) to Cricket.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I have my kids' phones on Ptel and Lyca which are on the tmobile network. Would those qualify for the Switcher credit?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    The port doesn't happen until after you receive the phone and activate it, but you input the phone number during the order process. So you're only out of service for a few minutes normally.
    That's only true if porting direct. He wants to go thru T-Mobile first and that would leave him without service for a couple of days.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    I have my kids' phones on Ptel and Lyca which are on the tmobile network. Would those qualify for the Switcher credit?
    Some mvnos are so thin that T Mobile is still listed as having the number.someone said it worked for ultra mobile. Another person speculated that if you still log in to the T mobile site to manage your account the number will probably still appear as coming from T Mobile. I would not take the chance and I would probably try to port to T Mobile Prepaid. Of course, if you are unable to port 2 t-mobile prepaid, maybe that means that your are already with t-mobile. I just don't think there's a good way to know for sure.

Feedback Score
    I got 500 credit in my account:
    1 ptel mobile paygo = 100
    2 ultra 19 plan = 200
    2 tmobile (3 daily plan $0 balance)=200

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by <<M>> View Post
    Cricket preauthorizes the port when you place the order (they presubmit the port request to the carrier you're currently on) and then they let you finish the online order -- the port wont complete until you get the order and finish activation

You need to switch to TMo or another qualifying carrier first and then place the Cricket online order -- you can add funds to TMo to use it for a few days (if you have a TMo phone) while you wait for the order to come in or be without service for a few days

You can also look for local stores to sign up at if you don't want to be without service -- up to $25 activation fee in stores but it might be worth it to avoid waiting for the online order to come in

For the Ting port you might get the credit if it shows up as Sprint in Cricket's system (not sure) -- some TMo MVNO people who ported got the switch credit since their TMo MVNO showed up in Cricket's system as regular TMo

Feedback Score
    It ends 12/31 I hope they do it again but with Verizon this time

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Update: so my 1st cricket line is active as of yesterday. I picked up a TMo sim from Walmart and began the porting process for my wife's phone via tmobile's website, it looks like the port has begun, but I left the screen just sitting there on a browser tab at the screen when tmo wants me to enter payment info to add money to my new tmo line. Also, fyi, I want to keep our original phone numbers during this process. So..I had a few questions (what's new, lol)

1) I did get to that last page on TMo and it showed my wife's Ting phone number in the process of porting. Because I'm not actually putting the t-mo sim in a phone, how will I know when the port has completed to make it safe to order the Cricket phone (or to even go to the store tomorrow to do the process if that's what I need to do). (For the IMEI that TMo asked for I just gave the one from our locked CDMA Motorola Photon 4g) Also, to do the port from TMo to Cricket, how do I asap get the porting info that Cricket will require from TMo (acct number and pin) to provide to Cricket to keep wife's number?

2) I now have my personal number activated on Cricket, I am going to be adding 2 more lines very soon (one is my wife's line that is in the process of tmo port right now as mentioned above) and the other is my brother's line. So, that being said, I would like to ideally get the 'group save' but at the same time would be cool to get 2 referral $25 credits, I'm just not sure how long I would have to wait and be paying on 3 separate lines thereby outweighing the benefits I would have had from doing group save from the get go. If I did that second option (3 separate lines), how long would I need to pay for 3 separate lines (to gain the $25 referral for my wife and brothers lines) before combining them to gain the group save...I think you get what I'm trying to do but I don't know what's best bec I'm not sure which method I'd save more money by doing bec I don't know the timeframes, etc. I figure it as if I had to run 3 lines for 60 days I would be spending $35 X 3lines X 2mos = $210 , all to gain $50 more in referral credits (I say $50 referral credits and not $75 bec I get my personal line #1 $25 referral credit no matter what) VS. 3 lines on group save would be $90/mo. X 2 = $180. I know, sounds like a lot of hassle, but still curious if I figured this out right..

Also, if I have 3 separate lines and get the $100 switcher for those lines, if I merge those 3 lines into one account do I lose the $100 switcher just for merging onto a group save?

Thanks guys, so helpful! ...even on Christmas day!
    Last edited by <<M>>; 12-25-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Device(s)
    2014 Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    @<<M>> (not quoting the huge post)

1) TMo sometimes sends an activation email. Since it's Christmas I'm not sure if the port will be delayed. I'm guessing the port should be done after incoming and outgoing calls/sms don't work on Ting anymore. Account number to port out of TMo is 1+10 digit phone number (1xxxyyyzzzz). PIN is the one you entered during activation.

2) Group discount is worth more than the referrals so just port them into your Cricket account.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mallevi View Post

2) Group discount is worth more than the referrals so just port them into your Cricket account.
    If M keeps the lines separate, it will be $100 in referrals ($50 for the main line and $25 each for the other two), plus $45 in autopays ($5 each at the end of each of the first 3 months) = $145.

The family line discounts will be $30 each month for 3 months = $90.

As soon as the referral credits and the 3 month autopay comes in, then you definitely combine.

Is that right or is my math off? Four lines would be better served by combining at the outset, I agree.

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast