Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket is offering $100 credit for Tmo and Metro customers

Feedback Score

Cricket is offering $100 credit for Tmo and Metro customers

This may be useful for new Cricket customers

http://cricketwireless.mediaroom.com...icket-Wireless

"ATLANTA, Aug. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cricket Wireless is offering T-Mobile and Metro PCS customers a $100 bill credit and five great reasons to switch. The $100 bill credit* offer is available from Aug. 24 to Oct. 19, 2014, at Cricket stores nationwide and online. There is no limit on the number of lines a customer can switch to Cricket, receiving a $100 bill credit for each line transferred.

The new Cricket Wireless experience offers customers:

More 4G LTE coverage than T-Mobile and Metro PCS, period
    Taxes and fees included – no surprises, the price you see is the price you pay
    A free smartphone every year with Cricket Rewards**
    Plans starting at $35 a month after $5 credit for using auto pay ***
    No annual contracts
    With Cricket's simple affordable pricing plans, a $100 bill credit equals more than two months of free service with the Basic Plan at $35 (after a $5 credit for using auto pay) and the Smart Plan at $45 (after a $5 auto pay credit). Customers who sign up with the Pro Plan at $55 (after $5 auto pay credit) get the equivalent of nearly two months of service free.

"T-Mobile and Metro PCS customers looking to switch will find the new Cricket a smart choice," said Cricket vice president and chief marketing officer Janna Ducich. "We give consumers straightforward, affordable pricing, offer nationwide 4G LTE coverage, and reward their loyalty. And for the next few weeks, we'll give them a $100 bill credit to see it for themselves."

Feedback Score
    Wow! As if there weren't already enough great reasons to jump to Cricket! Well this really solidifies that the Cricket brand is AT&T's most favored. Gophone really is more like the brand for temporary use and transients, whereas Cricket is its own little AT&T prepaid variant getting heavy play with a bullet.

Feedback Score
    That is great for folks who will switch. However for me this really stinks, I recently brought over 4 lines from T-Mobile and from the looks of it could have taken advantage of $400. It would be great if they would back date but that won't happen.

Those of you who can get this congrats.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100South View Post
    That is great for folks who will switch. However for me this really stinks, I recently brought over 4 lines from T-Mobile and from the looks of it could have taken advantage of $400. It would be great if they would back date but that won't happen.

Damn, you're right. The feeling of loosing out on $400 is massive. If it was recent, maybe speak to them.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100South View Post

You have time to port out for a month, then port back in with new email address. I am considering doing this with 2 H2O lines - port to Metro for a month, then port in to Cricket and net some free months.
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medmansri View Post
    Damn, you're right. The feeling of loosing out on $400 is massive. If it was recent, maybe speak to them.
    I think this is worth my time I may just ask and see what they say. The worst they can say is NO.

Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    You have time to port out for a month, then port back in with new email address. I am considering doing this with 2 H2O lines - port to Metro for a month, then port in to Cricket and net some free months.
    I thought about this for a minute but 2 of my lines are in other states and switching back and forth is not an option at this time. If they were all under one roof it would be much easier.

I will let you guys know if there is anything I can find out.

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Come to think of it, I have some Tmobile one-cent SIMs, so I could just port to paygo for $10, let it sit a few days till Cricket SIMs arrive, then port to Cricket I would lose $20 on each line (SIMs + Tmobile cost), making $80 gravy - but the plans would be $70 as opposed to $60 on H20, so eight months till I started losing on it. Lots could happen in prepaid land in 8 months. I will think about it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Woot, My contract with T-Mo is up at the end of Sept and I planned on moving our lines over to Cricket. This just solidifies that I will certainly be trying them first over the other prepaid services.

Feedback Score
    Here we go. Now it will get interesting.

Here are the terms:
    Terms and Conditions

* $100 T-Mobile/MetroPCS Switcher Credit Terms and Conditions - Offer ends 10/19/14. Available only to T-Mobile and MetroPCS customers porting a number to Cricket Wireless who purchase and activate a new line of service on a Basic, Smart or Pro rate plan. One $100 Switcher Credit per line of service. Credit issued to customer's account approximately 5 days before end of initial service period. Customer's account must be in active status and customer must be on a qualifying rate plan to receive Switcher Credit. Suspended or cancelled accounts are not eligible to receive Switcher Credits. Lines added to Group Save (multi-line) accounts 5 or fewer days prior to the end of a bill cycle will receive Switcher Credits during the following month of service. Switcher Credits have no cash value, are not redeemable for cash or any cash equivalent and are not transferable or refundable. Account credits are forfeited if your account is cancelled for any reason. May not be combined with any other offer. © 2014 Cricket Wireless LLC. All rights reserved. Cricket and the Cricket logo are trademarks under license to Cricket Wireless LLC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does it work for T-Mobile prepaid too ? Couldn't I port my # into a unused tmo prepaid Sims I have and port out to cricket ? Or is it for tmo post paid

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Does it work for T-Mobile prepaid too ? Couldn't I port my # into a unused tmo prepaid Sims I have and port out to cricket ? Or is it for tmo post paid

via the HoFo App
    Not sure, they just say T-Mobile and Metro. I'm sure there's extra fine print which would specify. Is this notice on their website yet?

Feedback Score
    If you have to port out of Cricket and into somewhere then out again and into Cricket, you may want to consider switching to Google Voice. At least its a good reason to test drive GV to see if you like it. I'm an Aio/Cricket customer and I've taken advantage of every promo they've offered, netting a couple of hundred dollars and two free phones. Since I don't care what phone number is assigned to me, jumping through whatever hoops are necessary is fast, easy, risk free and doesn't inconvenience/interrupt me or my callers. All I need to do for this promo is get T-Mobile service, then port that number to Cricket. Start to finish, it'll probably take less than 10 minutes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post
    If you have to port out of Cricket and into somewhere then out again and into Cricket, you may want to consider switching to Google Voice. At least its a good reason to test drive GV to see if you like it. I'm an Aio/Cricket customer and I've taken advantage of every promo they've offered, netting a couple of hundred dollars and two free phones. Since I don't care what phone number is assigned to me, jumping through whatever hoops are necessary is fast, easy, risk free and doesn't inconvenience/interrupt me or my callers. All I need to do for this promo is get T-Mobile service, then port that number to Cricket. Start to finish, it'll probably take less than 10 minutes.
    Apart from MMS, are there any other downsides to GV?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medmansri View Post
    Apart from MMS, are there any other downsides to GV?
    Basically just the MMS as it stands. It's not available everywhere though, my area won't let me port to GV. Plus Google has basically abandoned it atm, if we don't see something done in L then my guess is we will eventually get a notice that they will close down the service. But I'm sure they will give plenty of time to port out if that ends up happening.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn I have to wait until my $100 in credits is up Until I can port out ..but its good if I wana do a new line

via the HoFo App

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast