Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GUIDE: iPhone 5/5c/5s iOS 7.1.2 on Page Plus

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

GUIDE: iPhone 5/5c/5s iOS 7.1.2 on Page Plus

Amended i5/5c/5s on PPC instructions, carrier support includes: Sprint, Alltel, USCellular and possibly older pre-AT&T/AiO Cricket devices, I'm fairly certain this method will work with any CDMA carriers iPhone 5.

1. Restore iPhone to iOS 7.1.2 .ipsw
    2. Jailbreak via Pangu v1.2 (I always jailbreak w/ mobile data, wifi and bluetooth turned OFF)
    3. Enable WiFi and connect to your local network
    4. Open Cydia, let it do it's thing.
    5. Install openssh (Cydia)
    6. Install afc2add (possibly not necessary)
    7. Install tetherme (Cydia)
    8. Install commcenter patch (Cydia)
    9. Disable LTE
    10. SSH in via WinSCP & Replace files in default carrier bundle folder, unknown carrier and original carrier folder with the files from the tracfone folder. add pageplus.prl (any of them should work) to all 3 folders and rename to carrier.prl (i usually rename the original carrier.prl to backup.prl)
    11. Add the tracfone modded original carrier bundle folder to var/carrier/iphone folder. You will know the one when you find the overlay folder - make the iPhone folder in the same directory as Overlay, you may have to create the iPhone folder, make sure you capitalize the P.
    12. Remove and reinsert sim card. After you see TFW and then watch it disappear, you can power off phone and turn back on.
    13. You should see TFW at the top. Disable Wifi, turn cellular data off
    14. Dial *228 use option 1. *22890 will fail, so don't try to use it (yet). If the phone fails OTASP, then something is wrong w/ the phone or the SIM card. After OTASP you can go to about phone you will see your page plus [email protected] carrier for NAI but if you view carrier apn info you should see the proper mms settings.
    15. This step resets NAI to verizonMVNO defaults: Remove sim card, insert t-mobile sim card (some say a vzw 4g lte card works to reset the nai, but i have not found this to be the case). Go to settings cellular and disable LTE. Wait for phone to reboot into activation screen, try to activate and fail a couple times. Remove sim, press activate and let it fail. Phone will go back to home screen.
    16. Reinsert original carrier sim. (If you go to about phone, you will notice that now your carrier info is reset to an unprogrammed state w/ the proper NAI information populated.) *22890, it will go through and you will get weird line noise and it will take additional time to end the call after the OTASP music stops.
    17. Power phone off and back on.
    18. Enable mobile data (no need data roaming, i leave voice roaming enabled)
    19. Wait 30 seconds.
    20. Test safari, disable and re-enable imessage and facetime to activate them.
    21. You may need to power off the device and power it back on.

I've done a hundred of these....it works as long as your phone says the carrier name or extended by the signal bars. If you don't see the carrier name, find an original carrier sim that is not blacklisted and stick it in the phone. The sim has to be tied to an account, or previously activated. You can tell by going to about phone and clicking carrier until you see the msid or whatever - if its a sprint phone it should look like [email protected] , if it shows [email protected] then you need a different sim card.

try not to charge your customers more than 50 bucks a flash....its really simple to do. i will not respond to this thread or maintain it. feel free to write a better guide based off this one.

edited for clarification. should be fine now.
    Last edited by afextwin; 08-15-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    God job.................

Viper

Feedback Score
    Thank you afextwin for taking the time to write out this guide! I've been searching for something like this a while now.

I have a sprint Iphone 5c, followed the steps as best I could but still no data. I have a feeling where I messed up.... I know you said you would not respond, but here's hoping you or one of the other gurus on here will clarify .

10. Are we to delete all files in the 3 directories and replace with Tracfone + PP.prl, OR, leave files in folder intact and simply overwrite with Tracfone + PP.prl files?

11. "Add modded original carrier bundle..." -- Not sure what that is; would that be the itunes restored sprint bundle folder with added PP.prl? Or Tracfone with PP prl?? If it exists, delete all or overwrite files?

PS.1 "...if its a sprint phone it should look like username hcm.sprint. , if it shows phonemeid hcm.sprint. then you need a different sim card.".

For NAI I have: Myphone# at vzw3g.etc. for MSID It's the first 6 digits of my phone# then 4 other numbers. From everything I understand the NAI should be pointing to verizon, not sprint..?

PS.2 "The sim has to be tied to an account, or previously activated". Mine is new from the apple there; I suppose therein lies my problem?

Thanks to anyone who help me finally finish this flash!

Feedback Score
    Great job. I have some questions. I have the sprint SIM installed that was activated with the phone. Phone has been deactivated. The phone did say extended. Then I reset the network settings so the phone has signal with no name and the has [email protected] but the really long number is not the hex or dec form of the meid or imei number. It appears to be the ICCID.

1) Sounds like I need another SIM correct?

2) I have the phone number of the last sprint account which is the username correct? [email protected] So is it possible or necessary to program that in allow the way to make this process work?

3) Also, if I had a good sprint SIM do you think I could use this method to put the sprint iphone 5c on a post paid verizon account (with out 4G LTE)?
    Last edited by kratt; 08-17-2014 at 08:13 AM. Reason: added another question.

Feedback Score
    Now all someone has to do is post a video of doing this i will be even happier. Since i dont know how to you openssh or ssh terminal. Unless someone wants to walk me through it.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the info on how to do this. my NAI wont show and idk why. If anyone has any ideas on what i could do let me know. Im open to suggestions. I have a Sprint iPhone 5 ios 7.1.2. I am able to call *228 but it fails. i have reset the phone about 20 something times so idk what else to do. Im sure this will work since i have tried everything else and have not even gotten this far.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know I said I wouldn't respond....but here I am.
    I hope this helps some folks with steps 10 & 11, and as a bonus *tetherme* (don't ask me, ask google)

Name:  1-installing_tetherme.png
Views: 16651
Size:  52.0 KBName:  2-save_these_files_from_the_phone.png
Views: 16745
Size:  65.8 KBName:  3-place_files_here_default.png
Views: 16710
Size:  78.4 KBName:  4-place_files_here_ocq.png
Views: 16590
Size:  66.4 KBName:  5-place_files_here_unknown.png
Views: 16585
Size:  65.9 KBName:  6-place_files_here_original_carrier_example_sprint.png
Views: 16685
Size:  66.6 KBName:  7-place_files_here_last_one_i_promise_original_carrier_example_sprint.png
Views: 16750
Size:  57.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Did 2 sprint 5c Phones One Works with data and the other dont work with data both phones where done the same way only one has data and the other dont have data .talk and text work but no data .The NAI Is My Phone # @VZW.3G .com And The phone programs with *22890 No Problem The 3g Shows Next To The TFW The Service Is Stable. I Tryed To Restore 3 Times And Started over still cant get the data i also tryed the phone that gets data and restored it an when i did the the complete flash the data worked my question is did someone that did a few or them have problem with getting the data to work if so please post I Spend Over 10 Hours on this thread to get the second phone to work and cant find a way i also did data resets with page plus still no fix i will post if i get it to work .again great thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstufwiz View Post
    Did 2 sprint 5c Phones One Works with data and the other dont work with data both phones where done the same way only one has data and the other dont have data .talk and text work but no data .The NAI Is My Phone # @VZW.3G .com And The phone programs with *22890 No Problem The 3g Shows Next To The TFW The Service Is Stable. I Tryed To Restore 3 Times And Started over still cant get the data i also tryed the phone that gets data and restored it an when i did the the complete flash the data worked my question is did someone that did a few or them have problem with getting the data to work if so please post I Spend Over 10 Hours on this thread to get the second phone to work and cant find a way i also did data resets with page plus still no fix i will post if i get it to work .again great thread
    I ran into this last week for the second time ever. I had the customer get a new SIM card and I am in the middle of re-doing the phone completely. I think the phone cannot have a bad ESN with sprint..which most sprint ESNs are bad, hence the reason they are with page plus :P

If you figure it out, post it. I will do the same.

edit: tried a new (clean) sim, service disabled. called sprint, esn is bad. the customer bought 3 street phones, previous owner filed a claim on 1.
    revelation: sprint iphone 5 has to have a clean esn with sprint and verizon. wtf kinda sorcery is this.

Feedback Score
    thanks for info both phones i worked on where on the same account with sprint and i swaped sims and both sims worked with the data with the working data phone and the non working data phone did not work with both sims. i think if the phone is is black listed i think it will not work talk text and data not just data i have two more to work on a 5s and 5c i will post when i get them done again thanks for all the info that you put in this thread great job

Feedback Score
    So far I have done a 5c and 5s neither of them was able to get data. Both was bought brand new from Sprint. No matter how many times I reset and reconfigured the phone still wasn't able to get data eventhough it displayed 3G at the top. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this. I'm open to ideas.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cell-junkie View Post
    So far I have done a 5c and 5s neither of them was able to get data. Both was bought brand new from Sprint. No matter how many times I reset and reconfigured the phone still wasn't able to get data eventhough it displayed 3G at the top. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this. I'm open to ideas.

via the HoFo App
    Are you activating a new line of service or performaing an ESN change (existing phone number)?

I've only been able to get data on an existing pageplus subscriber line one time, and I can't remember exactly what I did to get it.

Every other successful flash has been on a brand new line of service.

Another thing, if your default carrier bundle folder contains overrides_n41_n42 or something like that then this flash won't work - the override filename should match the filename in your sprint_csim_lte (or uscellular_lte, etc.) folder.
    When you see the mismatched filenames, your programming call will fail "SIM FAILURE" and you will have to reboot to re-dial *228.
    Sometimes after SIM failure (before rebooting phone) you'll even see an option to manually select cellular provider (settings, a new option that appears below the green cellular data icon) and you will see T-Mobile or AT&T.
    Another thing I've noticed is that some phones will have bad symlinks after an itunes restore, the symlink to a symlink will for whatever reason point to a folder that does not exist (even though, when editing the simlink it points to a folder that does exist - example: original carrier symlink points to 310120 symlink, 310120 points to Sprint_LTE_US, upon trying to open OC symlink you get an error stating Sprint_CSIM_LTE_US is not found even though nothing points to that folder (which does not exist, because the old SPRINT_LTE_US folder is there, not the newer CSIM folder) - I think this is due to the status of either the phone's ESN or SIM card.

Also, most every phone with sim I've flashed was currently active with service while flashing. The one phone I did a port-in activation from sprint on, was unable to get data until we found a new sim card (which was from an active line of service)

Feedback Score
    New line of service for the 5s which was never activated with sprint and a esn change for the 5c that I was told was active with sprint. And you lost me at SIM FAILURE. I have yet to run into that.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It was suggested on http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...a-on-iPhone-5S that these instructions don't work for data on sprint phones. Has anyone using a sprint phone gotten data to work? If so, what additional steps did you take?

Feedback Score
    yes i told you on your thread that i got data to work and i told you that you have to tweak the instructions a little bit go back to your thread and start over no one is going to show you step by step you have to try differnt ways till you get it, if you make a mistake you can restore in i tunes i had the same problem you had and i tried and tried till i got data to work if the phone has a clean imei you will get data if the sim was bad you wount get talk and text keep working and you will get the data to work dont give up the 3g data is fast on the iphone5c

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast