Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: GUIDE: iPhone 5/5c/5s iOS 7.1.2 on Page Plus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
    Those are the 5c/5s SIMs. The ones that come with the 5 won't work according to this. 6/6+ SIMs might work too.

Using someone else's SIM won't mess up the account. He'll be able to put his SIM back in his phone right after you activate it. I guess you already tried restarting the phone.
    Thanks for your reply. But here is a post that talked about *228 changing data on sim. Not 100% sure so I will not try with my friend sim. Man, flashing is really hard, i just want void and text, i can not even get that. so many hours/days wasted...I am going to give up...

Feedback Score
    are you trying to use gsm or cdma the pageplus side uses cdma this post is for pageplus cdma not gsm mayby that is y you wasting so much time follow this thread if you are flashing to pageplus only dont try this with gsm and dont give up you will feel good when you get it done keep trying it will work

Feedback Score
    Not sure if anyone uses Straight Talk here, but they now support the CDMA iPhone 5.

Question: Do the Verizon SIM cards work on Page Plus for LTE(with a Verizon phone) or do you need a special Page Plus LTE SIM?

I wish the Sprint LTE SIMs worked for Verizon, but I doubt they do. It would make for some interesting testing.

Feedback Score
    yes it has to be a pageplus lte sim. verizon lte sim wount work with pageplus. the sprint lte sim will work with verizon iphone 5 becouse the verizon phone is factury unlocked but i think the imei wount work with sprint but wouth the try. post your results

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afextwin View Post
    Amended i5/5c/5s on PPC instructions, carrier support includes: Sprint, Alltel, USCellular and possibly older pre-AT&T/AiO Cricket devices, I'm fairly certain this method will work with any CDMA carriers iPhone 5.

1. Restore iPhone to iOS 7.1.2 .ipsw
    2. Jailbreak via Pangu v1.2 (I always jailbreak w/ mobile data, wifi and bluetooth turned OFF)
    3. Enable WiFi and connect to your local network
    4. Open Cydia, let it do it's thing.
    5. Install openssh (Cydia)
    6. Install afc2add (possibly not necessary)
    7. Install tetherme (Cydia)
    8. Install commcenter patch (Cydia)
    9. Disable LTE
    10. SSH in via WinSCP & Replace files in default carrier bundle folder, unknown carrier and original carrier folder with the files from the tracfone folder. add pageplus.prl (any of them should work) to all 3 folders and rename to carrier.prl (i usually rename the original carrier.prl to backup.prl)
    11. Add the tracfone modded original carrier bundle folder to var/carrier/iphone folder. You will know the one when you find the overlay folder - make the iPhone folder in the same directory as Overlay, you may have to create the iPhone folder, make sure you capitalize the P.
    12. Remove and reinsert sim card. After you see TFW and then watch it disappear, you can power off phone and turn back on.
    13. You should see TFW at the top. Disable Wifi, turn cellular data off
    14. Dial *228 use option 1. *22890 will fail, so don't try to use it (yet). If the phone fails OTASP, then something is wrong w/ the phone or the SIM card. After OTASP you can go to about phone you will see your page plus [email protected] carrier for NAI but if you view carrier apn info you should see the proper mms settings.
    15. This step resets NAI to verizonMVNO defaults: Remove sim card, insert t-mobile sim card (some say a vzw 4g lte card works to reset the nai, but i have not found this to be the case). Go to settings cellular and disable LTE. Wait for phone to reboot into activation screen, try to activate and fail a couple times. Remove sim, press activate and let it fail. Phone will go back to home screen.
    16. Reinsert original carrier sim. (If you go to about phone, you will notice that now your carrier info is reset to an unprogrammed state w/ the proper NAI information populated.) *22890, it will go through and you will get weird line noise and it will take additional time to end the call after the OTASP music stops.
    17. Power phone off and back on.
    18. Enable mobile data (no need data roaming, i leave voice roaming enabled)
    19. Wait 30 seconds.
    20. Test safari, disable and re-enable imessage and facetime to activate them.
    21. You may need to power off the device and power it back on.

I've done a hundred of these....it works as long as your phone says the carrier name or extended by the signal bars. If you don't see the carrier name, find an original carrier sim that is not blacklisted and stick it in the phone. The sim has to be tied to an account, or previously activated. You can tell by going to about phone and clicking carrier until you see the msid or whatever - if its a sprint phone it should look like [email protected] , if it shows [email protected] then you need a different sim card.

try not to charge your customers more than 50 bucks a flash....its really simple to do. i will not respond to this thread or maintain it. feel free to write a better guide based off this one.

edited for clarification. should be fine now.
    funny how I ended up here....

Feedback Score
    what do you mean ? thanks to pageplus no more flashing this thread is history a lot of work and now it is for not .(was good while it lasted)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4