Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Verizon pre paid questions

Feedback Score

Verizon pre paid questions

Hey guys I have few questions about verizon prepaid

I noticed that Verizon has the all set plan where unlimited talk and text is $45.00 and 3gb of data is $20.00. For a total of $65.00.

What is the difference between this plan and regular on contract plans that have unlimited talk and text and 3gb of data but cost 90-100 bucks???

Does the pre paid have 4g lte and xlte access or are there some limitations like prepaid being only on 3G ?

Will I roam more with pre paid or will this be like regular service just pre paid.

I'm new to vz I brought my own iPhone 5s to them so I am not under contract. I been on Verizon for 3 days so far and last night I noticed the pre paid option. Can anyone help me out with the info from your point of view? Thanks

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) and HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless. The Fastest, 4G LTE/XLTE Prepaid Network!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jake26 View Post
    Hey guys I have few questions about verizon prepaid

I noticed that Verizon has the all set plan where unlimited talk and text is $45.00 and 3gb of data is $20.00. For a total of $65.00.

What is the difference between this plan and regular on contract plans that have unlimited talk and text and 3gb of data but cost 90-100 bucks???

Does the pre paid have 4g lte and xlte access or are there some limitations like prepaid being only on 3G ?

Will I roam more with pre paid or will this be like regular service just pre paid.

I'm new to vz I brought my own iPhone 5s to them so I am not under contract. I been on Verizon for 3 days so far and last night I noticed the pre paid option. Can anyone help me out with the info from your point of view? Thanks

via the HoFo App

Stop giving up your social security number for nothing. Not only that, but you wasted a 2year credit inquiry on your credit report for nothing. Verizon Wireless prepaid has access to LTE and XLTE. The roam is only .25 cents a minute which is the only difference you'll be missing. Which is why you would have benefit more since you have your own device. If only you would have not been program to go straight to postpaid, but did a little more research and notice you would've saved much more with Verizon Wireless prepaid. Since you wasted a 2year credit inquiry on your credit report you may as-well stick it thru.
    "Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take hold of things they can't control."

-------LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) ---------HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)

ONLY VERIZON WIRELESS. THE FASTEST, 4G LTE/XLTE PREPAID NETWORK!

-------Primary FREE Wi-Fi ----Secondary FREE Wi-Fi (For my Guests)

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You'll get the same LTE that postpaid has. In roaming areas ("extended network" on postpaid), prepaid has no data and a surcharge on calls. These areas are not very common but you should check the map and consider where you travel.

Being not under contract, you can switch any time. As a new subscriber you can cancel before the 14th day and pay only for the partial month. If you wait after that there is no refund for partial months so you'd want to wait until just before your bill is about to roll over to the next month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    Stop giving up your social security number for nothing. Not only that, but you wasted a 2year credit inquiry on your credit report for nothing. Verizon Wireless prepaid has access to LTE and XLTE. The roam is only .25 cents a minute which is the only difference you'll be missing. Which is why you would have benefit more since you have your own device. If only you would have not been program to go straight to postpaid, but did a little more research and notice you would've saved much more with Verizon Wireless prepaid. Since you wasted a 2year credit inquiry on your credit report you may as-well stick it thru.
    What great advice! Just "stick it thru?" For how long should he/she stick it thru? Care to share with them any of the troubles others have mentioned trying to BYOD on VZW prepaid? There's a thread or 2 in the prepaid forum with your fingerprints/terrible information all over it. Please stop with your one sided and close minded viewpoints. If you cant paint the whole picture, put down the brush.

If they truly made such a grave mistake, lets help them fix it. Thank you, HF305.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesstarks15 View Post
    What great advice! Just "stick it thru?" For how long should he/she stick it thru? Care to share with them any of the troubles others have mentioned trying to BYOD on VZW prepaid? There's a thread or 2 in the prepaid forum with your fingerprints/terrible information all over it. Please stop with your one sided and close minded viewpoints. If you cant paint the whole picture, put down the brush.

If they truly made such a grave mistake, lets help them fix it. Thank you, HF305.

Hmm... did you bother to read the part the original poster mentioned they see they same plan is offered to Verizon Wireless prepaid? That would mean they didn't do their homework and just like most program people jump to postpaid. If they wanted to see what options out there then all it takes a little research. Do you jump on the first thing you see or do you do a little research before hand? So, since the original poster didn't bother to do simple research before making the jump to postpaid, they should stick it thru. They already hurt their credit with a 2year inquiry. Also, you think the sales representative who knew they had their own device would have mentioned other options? Ha no because they only care about running their credit to get that sale.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Oh god, here we go again with the credit inquiry is going to ruin your credit bs....

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's a soft credit inquiry for one, maybe a one point drop - nothing to fret over.

To the OP, if you need the "Extended Network" included for free, stick with postpaid. If you are okay occasionally paying for roaming then prepaid is just fine.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarryed View Post
    Oh god, here we go again with the credit inquiry is going to ruin your credit bs....
    Agreed, I've signed up and cancelled service with AT&T twice in the past couple years, as well as T-Mobile and I still have excellent credit. It's not like he was getting pre-approved for a new loan or credit card.
    Last edited by geoff5093; 08-10-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    It's a soft credit inquiry for one, maybe a one point drop - nothing to fret over.

To the OP, if you need the "Extended Network" included for free, stick with postpaid. If you are okay occasionally paying for roaming then prepaid is just fine.
    It's not a soft inquiry. It's a hard inquiry.

Sent from my HTC DNA on Verizon Wireless network.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    didn't bother to do simple research before making the jump to postpaid, they should stick it thru. They already hurt their credit with a 2year inquiry.
    This is a common mistake called the "sunk cost" fallacy. The credit inquiry, whatever damage it did, is done and can't be undone. The fact that it happened is NOT a factor in the decision of what to do now. It's the same situation as holding on to a lemon car that constantly needs expensive repairs, because your mind gets hung up on how much it cost to buy that car in the first place. That money is gone regardless of what you do next. It's a sunk cost you're not getting back whether you replace the car or not.

As with any other financial decision, the choice whether to "stick it thru' or not is properly made on the basis of what is best for the future, not what happened in the past. For a single-line account, prepaid costs less, so most people should switch unless they really need the roaming coverage.
    Last edited by HF305; 08-09-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305 View Post
    This is a common mistake called the "sunk cost" fallacy. The credit inquiry, whatever damage it did, is done and can't be undone. The fact that it happened is NOT a factor in the decision of what to do now. It's the same situation as holding on to a lemon car that constantly needs expensive repairs, because your mind gets hung up on how much it cost to buy that car in the first place. That money is gone regardless of what you do next. It's a sunk cost you're not getting back whether you replace the car or not.

As with any other financial decision, the choice whether to "stick it thru' or not is properly made on the basis of what is best for the future, not what happened in the past. For a single-line account, prepaid costs less, so most people should switch unless they really need the roaming coverage.

It's called research. Also, with a car being a lemon their is a law for that. Using your credit for a car, house or a person loan makes sense. But for a cell phone that has to be useless when it's clear that you can get the same service without. Roaming coverage isn't a major factor into signing a contract. For the simple fact the original poster went straight to postpaid then days later doing some research and finding out they could have saved some money without signing a contract means they didn't do their homework. As I mentioned before if the sales representative cared enough to see what's best for the customer I'm sure they would have mentioned prepaid for much less. Only a fool goes into a gun fight with a knife.

Feedback Score
    Thank you everyone for all the comments. I should have done research but I wasn't interested about pre paid 3G. Found out 3 days after that pre paid now has 4g lte thanks to all the users here who do their research and provide the info. I did call verizon and asked them what other options I have. The rep suggested a $75.00 dollar plan for unlimited talk and text and 2gb of data. The only thing is about it that I can't share my data. Which I'm fine cuz I don't take my iPad anywhere but home or where it has wifi. So I'm paying 10 dollars more now for what I had before minus the shared data. That plan I think was 95.00 plus taxes and fees. Thanks again everyone.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you everyone for all the comments. I should have done research but I wasn't interested about pre paid 3G. Found out 3 days after that pre paid now has 4g lte thanks to all the users here who do their research and provide the info. I did call verizon and asked them what other options I have. The rep suggested a $75.00 dollar plan for unlimited talk and text and 2gb of data. The only thing is about it that I can't share my data. Which I'm fine cuz I don't take my iPad anywhere but home or where it has wifi. So I'm paying 10 dollars more now for what I had before minus the shared data. That plan I think was 95.00 plus taxes and fees. Thanks again everyone.

via the HoFo App
    Isn't the biggest difference, that the pre-paid doesn't include a phone subsidy while the psot-paid plan does? That's $20-$25 right there.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

via the HoFo App

The sad part is that the sales representative knew that Verizon Wireless prepaid offered LTE as of Thursday July 17, 2014. But didn't want to mention that to you because the only see you as a quota to meet. 75.00$ is still silly when you can get 3.5GB for 65.00$ or 4GB of LTE with auto-pay on Verizon Wireless prepaid. Hold up have you tried to get their "so called" loyalty plan? It's 60.00$ with 2GB of LTE for 12 months. If not, I'm sure someone else will chime in and help you out.

Feedback Score
    Anyone who is concerned that a credit inquiry will somehow jeopardize their credit rating in any significant way must already be in credit trouble. You maintain a good credit rating by paying your bills on time and completing your contractual obligations.

I'm much more concerned about giving out my credit card or bank account information for auto pay than I am about any credit inquiry. Everyday we read about hackers stealing personal information from large companies and identity theft.

There are good arguments for having pre-paid service as opposed to post-paid and making a wise decision of which is best is good advice, but all this talk about credit inquiries and social security on the line, etc. is just pure nonsense.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast