Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: List of phones that CAN/CANT be activated on 4g prepaid?

Device(s)
    LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) and HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless. The Fastest, 4G LTE/XLTE Prepaid Network!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    Sure can! I just got a Moto X Verizon Developer Edition on sale from Motorola and it activated without a hitch. It even included a nano SIM, which easily activated on their website. I'm an existing customer, so it's easily done on their website, but you should be able to bring a Verizon Moto X to this plan.

FYI to anyone who runs into the same shenanigans as the OP: there doesn't appear to be a "prepaid SIM". Also, you can change SIM cards on the website without going to the store or calling them. If you really get BS from a Verizon store, then just buy a LTE SIM via another means like eBay, Amazon, etc. Customer Service should be able to activate any unused SIM.

That's sad we can't just buy a LTE SIM card like any respectable person minus the extra crap the Verizon Wireless sales representative want to say.
    "Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take hold of things they can't control."

-------LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) ---------HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)

ONLY VERIZON WIRELESS. THE FASTEST, 4G LTE/XLTE PREPAID NETWORK!

-------Primary FREE Wi-Fi ----Secondary FREE Wi-Fi (For my Guests)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mowgie View Post
    Good to know , thanks!

And when I change device (from ip5) do I move over the sim to the new phone? Or use a new sim?

Yes, all you need is the single SIM that's activate to do so.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid Razor
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I too don't know what the problem is also. I bought a LG Lucid 3 outright from Walmart for $419.00. I called customer service and I was up and running with in 10 minutes after that. I had no problerms. And OMG do I love the 4G LTE!!. The only thing that I am disappointed with is the VoLTE. How does that work if I may ask?? Does it have to be built into phones, or is it a application??

Thanks - Tom Wade

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trwade View Post
    I too don't know what the problem is also. I bought a LG Lucid 3 outright from Walmart for $419.00. I called customer service and I was up and running with in 10 minutes after that. I had no problerms. And OMG do I love the 4G LTE!!. The only thing that I am disappointed with is the VoLTE. How does that work if I may ask?? Does it have to be built into phones, or is it a application??

Thanks - Tom Wade

Not available yet.

Device(s)
    LG H631
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    Not available yet.
    Right. AT&T and T-Mobile just launched VoLTE in May.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ini/2014-05-15

Verizon, later this year:

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...o-c/2014-05-20

Sent from a Nexus 5

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gate115 View Post
    Right. AT&T and T-Mobile just launched VoLTE in May.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ini/2014-05-15

Verizon, later this year:

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...o-c/2014-05-20

Sent from a Nexus 5

As I mentioned http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/...out-plans.html

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    This thread title is so misleading....

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trwade View Post
    I bought a LG Lucid 3 outright from Walmart for $419.00.
    Why didn't you purchase it from Verizon at the temporary $149.99 price?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The CPO Galaxy S4 has been removed from the website.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flapjackashley View Post
    The CPO Galaxy S4 has been removed from the website.

Out of stock. If you look at the postpaid side you'll clearly see it's out of stock until August 15, 2014 even if it's not the (Certified Pre-Owned). I believe 199.99$ for a Samsung Galaxy S4 without contract is a crazy deal. Thus, making it sell out quickly.

Feedback Score
    This thread has been overloaded with complete nonsense and non-verified info. I can verify with 100% certainty that VZW reps in corporate stores make money off of new service, prepaid or postpaid. Doing an esn change for a customer from 3g prepaid to 4g postpaid had been an issue systematically in stores, and calls have had to be made to prepaid channel support to get 4g devices activated for existing customers with existing telephone numbers.

This thread has been littered with information that VZW reps make 0 money off of prepaid, and that they will sell their soul to push a contract. While many reps/manager's knowledge of prepay may be lacking, they certainly make money from new prepay service, albeit with a higher possibility of chargeback due to no contract.

In this case, Customer Provided Equipment activations are the easiest and have the least pressure (no device being sold out of inventory means no pressure to sell accessories).

Please stop with the made up nonsense. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesstarks15 View Post
    This thread has been overloaded with complete nonsense and non-verified info. I can verify with 100% certainty that VZW reps in corporate stores make money off of new service, prepaid or postpaid. Doing an esn change for a customer from 3g prepaid to 4g postpaid had been an issue systematically in stores, and calls have had to be made to prepaid channel support to get 4g devices activated for existing customers with existing telephone numbers.

This thread has been littered with information that VZW reps make 0 money off of prepaid, and that they will sell their soul to push a contract. While many reps/manager's knowledge of prepay may be lacking, they certainly make money from new prepay service, albeit with a higher possibility of chargeback due to no contract.

In this case, Customer Provided Equipment activations are the easiest and have the least pressure (no device being sold out of inventory means no pressure to sell accessories).

If you think the corporate stores sale representative make money off prepaid, then you're only as smart as yourself. How can they make money from that prepaid person when their is NO credit check, NO activation fee, NO strings attached That's why Verizon Wireless store sales representative rather push you on postpaid because they can run a credit check, charge for a activation fee and put you on a monthly plan that will cost you more the first month. As for you claiming prepaid have higher chargebacks due to no contract. Are you okay? How do you get chargebacks on prepaid when you have to pay "upfront" FULL PRICE for the device They lose nothing when someone buys a phone at FULL PRICE for prepaid. I hope you realize that you have to pay "upfront" for the monthly service with prepaid

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesstarks15 View Post

Not sure how more false all of this could me. Reps do NOT make commission for prepaid. Its pretty basic math knowing why they push contracts. They make money off the sale of the phone, or opening and activation of new postpaid service.

They do not get charge backs for prepaid because there is nothing to charge back. Your phone, your service, is all PREpaid. You owe nothing. That's the whole point.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Out of stock. If you look at the postpaid side you'll clearly see it's out of stock until August 15, 2014 even if it's not the (Certified Pre-Owned).
    I was referring to the prepaid-specific listings. I'm sure they'll probably offer it again, but I was just saying it was removed completely from the site under prepaid phones. Normally, they leave the phone on the page and just mark it as temporarily out of stock. So I was only making an observation.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    If you think the corporate stores sale representative make money off prepaid, then you're only as smart as yourself. How can they make money from that prepaid person when their is NO credit check, NO activation fee, NO strings attached That's why Verizon Wireless store sales representative rather push you on postpaid because they can run a credit check, charge for a activation fee and put you on a monthly plan that will cost you more the first month. As for you claiming prepaid have higher chargebacks due to no contract. Are you okay? How do you get chargebacks on prepaid when you have to pay "upfront" FULL PRICE for the device They lose nothing when someone buys a phone at FULL PRICE for prepaid. I hope you realize that you have to pay "upfront" for the monthly service with prepaid
    Corporate store reps chargebacks are much different than agents. They get paid when the line is activated, and the payment for the sale is taken away if the line deacts within 180 days of initial signup. It has nothing to do with the cost of the phone, very different from an agent store (indirect, non corporate).

Corporate reps get paid on prepaid NEW lines of service. It counts as a new line just the same as a postpaid line does, may be a few less sales dollars in the bucket, but a new line nonetheless. I know with 100% certainty.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast